Superbowl Sunday 2012

When are you starting to watch? Don't care and not gonna watch? Who are you cheering for? What are you going to be eating? Drinking? Got money on the game? Still think Madonna is hot?

Discuss.

Comments

• Go nygs! Madonna I wouldn't touc with your penis
  • I'll throw it on around 6 and be super tired tomorrow as I need to get up or work at 3am. Blankets and pillows on the couch FTW.
    I've got moniez on the Giants as they are the better team, but I think the Pats are hungry and want to get revenge for their loss of the prefect season in 2008. Basically the game is a toss up. Hopefully it will be a good one.

I'm making a pot o' bacon/beef chili to compliment the usual array of snacks.

Madonna actually does look pretty good for a 50-something year old bird. I'm expecting the halftime show to be lip-syncing at its finest.
  • Giants 20 - 16. Going to a buddy's place to be social and make ridic prop bets with my Brother-in-Law. Will be taking the following action, in-house:
    Tails on the coin toss
    Pats to kick-off
    Clarkson and the over for the Anthem
    Madge to wear fishnets at the 1/2
    If I was near a sports book, i would throw a fiver on my new favourite prop

No TDs in the game - I hear some places are offering 5,000:1 on this one, but have not confirmed.
  • Don't forget to prop on what color the Gatorade will be that gets dumped on the winning Coach.
  • Personally, this is the one and only football game I watch every year. I used to care about the NFL, but lost interest years ago. Usually, I can't commit that much time on a Sunday afternoon.

But on this single day of the year, I will observe the spectacle with the rest of the populace.

The feast will include, but not be limited to:
    Beer of course.
    Pork tenderloin in slow cooker with cayenne, dried kiwi, assorted peppers.
    Peanut butter filled pretzels.

I agree with John. Madonna's still pretty hot for a 52(?) year old. She has bad days like the rest of us. Hopefully she won't turn the half time show into a bad memorable moment.
  • Im pumped for the game tonight. Did a playoff pool and have it sealed as had the giants and pats in the finals :D. I put a 4 figure bet on the giants +4.5. Also bet on coin toss, bradshaw to get a touchdown, no team to score in final 2 minutes on the 1st half, and a couple other games. Figured since I wasnt grinding today Id bet half of what Id normally spend in buyins haha.
    Will be drinking beer and rye. Eating wings, spinach dip, nachos! and probably some other unhealthy stuff. HAPPY SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!!!
  • Im pumped for the game tonight. Did a playoff pool and have it sealed as had the giants and pats in the finals :D. I put a 4 figure bet on the giants +4.5. Also bet on coin toss, bradshaw to get a touchdown, no team to score in final 2 minutes on the 1st half, and a couple other games. Figured since I wasnt grinding today Id bet half of what Id normally spend in buyins haha.
    Will be drinking beer and rye. Eating wings, spinach dip, nachos! and probably some other unhealthy stuff. HAPPY SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!!!

Obligatory opinion on Madge, and opinion on how half time show will turn out please?

When did the Steelers trade Bradshaw? I really need to watch the NFL more closely . . . Grogan is still QB for the Pats, right? Can't wait to hear Cosell on the broadcast tonight . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    When did the Steelers trade Bradshaw? I really need to watch the NFL more closely . . . Grogan is still QB for the Pats, right? Can't wait to hear Cosell on the broadcast tonight . . .

Ahmad Bradshaw lol
  • Ahmad Bradshaw lol

I thought his name is Terry? :)
  • Ahmad Bradshaw lol

So . . . no relation? Jeez, I am going to have to do some studying before game time.

Okay, just the basics, for now:

Giants v. Patriots, right?

Four 15 minute innings, right? Why wouldn't they use periods, like hockey, or some other representaion of time? Seems odd . . . oh well.

They do NOT use the rouge, right?

Why four downs? Aren't these guy good enough to go 10 yards in three plays?

How come the coaches get to throw penalty flags? Isn't that open to abuse?

Anything else I'm missing?
  • Not a fan of either team, but will watch the game with everyone else. The Giants are becoming the sentiment pick in the media over the past few days... Their defense is very good... But my prediction is New England 28, Giants 17.

I just hope for an entertaining game!

Madonna... Meh, fit but not hot...
  • I didn't know baseball was still on tv.

When/where did you get Giants +4.5?!
  • Patriots in a blow out. Giants are lucky to be there.

I like Madonna better than David Furnish, and I don't like Madonna. I predict Madonna will expose her tits on purpose.
  • No Super Bowl party for the first time in several years as the better half has to work midnights, so noise and craziness while she's napping is a definite no no.

Going to enjoy the game on the couch with the kitties (as soon as they hear the opening theme music for any of the broadcasts, they come running as they know I'm not moving for 3+ hours). Better half was awesome and got me some snacks :) Sadly, though, no uber nachos this year. Going to make them in a couple of weeks for a potluck night instead :D

Madonna is the first halftime show I won't bother watching in several years. She hasn't done anything for me in years.
  • Ahmad Bradshaw lol
    compuease wrote: »
    I thought his name is Terry? :)

Maybe he converted to Islam after the trade?
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Madonna will expose her tits on purpose.

Again?!
    I like Madonna better than David Furnish, and I don't like Madonna. I predict Madonna will expose her tits on purpose.

But she PROMISED she wouldn't have a wardrobe malfunction! If Madonna's word means nothing, what the hell is this world coming to??
  • Good Gawd, Cerb, is that a puddy tat as your Avatar? Sheesh, when they neutered the poor beast did you ask for a twofer or something?
  • westside8 wrote: »
    When/where did you get Giants +4.5?!

wasnt the line. But on Party bets there are wide range of spreads. +4.5 at 1.62 o think
  • I dont give a fuck who wins as long as Brady and Welker dont smash points out like crazy.

Leading my fantasy playoff pool and Ima ship if they behave.

So, go Giants I guess.
    Patriots in a blow out. Giants are lucky to be there.

Explain...watched there last 4 games of season they were a whole new team from beginning of season. Knew they would blow out atl, atl was on a pure down swing going into playoffs. Giants had great D against greenbay, anyone can change saying the played great D to greenbays offence didnt play well, however Ill give the credit to the giants. SF vs Giants was a great game, No way you can say they were lucky in that game. Both teams played great resulting in one of the best late game defensive battle Ive seen in awhile.

But im all for hearing how they are lucky to be there :D
  • Giants will win by murderdeathkill. Hope Gisele likes feeding Brady through a tube.
  • Explain...watched there last 4 games of season they were a whole new team from beginning of season. Knew they would blow out atl, atl was on a pure down swing going into playoffs. Giants had great D against greenbay, anyone can change saying the played great D to greenbays offence didnt play well, however Ill give the credit to the giants. SF vs Giants was a great game, No way you can say they were lucky in that game. Both teams played great resulting in one of the best late game defensive battle Ive seen in awhile.

Don't forget they basically beat GB in NY during the season. Eli led them to a late TD to go ahead with a <minute left, but unfortunately that was enough for Rogers to strike for the game winner.

Gotta say that the Giants are the best all-around team this year. They play all sides of the ball very well, unlike other teams (Pats included) they only have a strong O or D, but not both.
  • I hope you guys are right. I just put money on the Giants in the annual Superbowl bet with my wife. Neither of us have a clue what we're talking about.
  • Explain...watched there last 4 games of season they were a whole new team from beginning of season. Knew they would blow out atl, atl was on a pure down swing going into playoffs. Giants had great D against greenbay, anyone can change saying the played great D to greenbays offence didnt play well, however Ill give the credit to the giants. SF vs Giants was a great game, No way you can say they were lucky in that game. Both teams played great resulting in one of the best late game defensive battle Ive seen in awhile.

Agreed it was a great game. However, not one, but two muffed punts go the Giants way. That is pure luck to be there on their part. It's not taking away from how well the Giants played, but if one of those doesn't happen, they're watching from their couches this week like 29 other teams.
  • no party for the first time in years as well. As per JohnnieH monday a.m. just shows up too early. wtf kick off at 6:45? Half time and i'll be drooling on the pillow.

Hope Madonna doesn't show any tits, she's ~ the same age as the Sun. If they pop out, she'll trip over them.

Cowboys fan, can't cheer for the Giants. Hope its close till halftime, after which I don't give a fuck.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Agreed it was a great game. However, not one, but two muffed punts go the Giants way. That is pure luck to be there on their part. It's not taking away from how well the Giants played, but if one of those doesn't happen, they're watching from their couches this week like 29 other teams.

Thats a fairly big assumption, the game wouldnt have been over if the those plays didnt happen. The first one was bad but kyle williams shouldnt have been that close to the ball to begin with, so his fault. Even if that didnt happen its not like the giants were out of it by any means so anything couldve happened. The second one ( in OT) was just a nice strip so you cant say thats luck, thats being hungry for the football.
  • Anyone wanna take a straightup bet for $5-10 just for fun? i got the pats.