ivey, lindgren, benyamine, flack, greenstein owe millions to full tilt

2»

Comments

• Milo wrote: »
    I feel so . . . empty.

oh no no no, your posts are good as well.:)
  • k-thx . . .
  • compuease wrote: »
    Thought it had been kinda quiet in here for a couple of days, wondered where the next firestorm might flare up... :)

Damm it! I wanted to start this thread. F-in day job. good thing I'm winning the lotto max tonight...

My not borrowed 2 cents after I catch up on convo.
    That is not what you said in your other post that I quoted. Try to remain consistant. It makes debate easier.

yeah, I probably didn't say it but I based my reasoning on full tilt being outside the legal system at this time
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    yeah, I probably didn't say it but I based my reasoning on full tilt being outside the legal system at this time

Another error, as evidenced by the fact that there is an ongoing legal case against Full Tilt at the moment.

I agree with you on one point, though . . . people should pay their debts promptly, or make arrangements to do so over time. I just do not see how you avoid applying this logic to Barry and the others. What FTP has done to you, me, or Santa Claus is not germane to the fact the these folks owe FTP some $$$.
  • Daniel Negreanu Fans Several Poker Flames In Interview, Claims He Was Misquoted

This is just the icing on the cake. If anything good comes of Black Friday, it's that illusions have been shattered and the next generation of players will know what they are getting into.

These people knew how to play before anyone else did and some have kept up, while others are just actors paid to sell an image and a dream. Yes there is borrowing in gambling, but a deadbeat by any other name or excuse is still a deadbeat. What one person owes a person in debt is only an excuse.

The line Barry took reminds me of the story of Duke not paying Hamilton the money she borrowed as CASH to buy a house. It was all to easy to point the finger, yell scum and walk away. As far as the people he stole it from, yeah, they deserved it back.

A few years ago I wanted to spit in Joan Rivers face when she made the comments she did about Vegas and poker players. Now I applaude her call. Don't take that the wrong way, we all know there are great people in the community, but there are definetly a lot of hustlers out there too. On both sides of the felts.
    Another error, as evidenced by the fact that there is an ongoing legal case against Full Tilt at the moment.

I agree with you on one point, though . . . people should pay their debts promptly, or make arrangements to do so over time. I just do not see how you avoid applying this logic to Barry and the others. What FTP has done to you, me, or Santa Claus is not germane to the fact the these folks owe FTP some $$$.

that's one error, and I don't need evdence, I just need someone to tell me there is a case. I don't like the logic of paying back money if the guys you pay it to will use it to move to europe and change their names
  • Then he shouldn't have borrowed their money. You cannot complain about the loan shark's rates AFTER you take his money. And you cannot get on your moral high horse after borrowing money from scoundrels, either (was going to say thieves, but nothing is proven as of yet).
  • Ok, but how many fucking ounces and are in a Tim's XL?

And I'm pretty sure somebody owes me one right now. I owe somebody else one but that'll have to wait until I gets mine.
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    Ok, but how many fucking ounces and are in a Tim's XL?

24 oz. in a timmies XL. But you'll get slightly less as they do not fill to the rim. They just roll them periodically.

And I'm pretty sure somebody owes me one right now. I owe somebody else one but that'll have to wait until I gets mine.

See bolded . . . :)
    See bolded . . . :)

Right, but I don't see how we solved the whole issue of me not having one?
    Right, but I don't see how we solved the whole issue of me not having one?

Get off your lazy ass and buy one . . .

Your Momma is NOT HERE to take care of you.
    Ok, but how many fucking ounces and are in a Tim's SUPER DUPER

FYP

Order it this way going forward. You can't sell me something for 2 decades then tell me that was the old XL now this a new XL

I have started a champain to introduce this incredibly simple yet effective name, it's catching on quite nicely.
  • Deep Breaths, and count backwards from 10, (anger managment techniques). I'm good, Carry on.
    Then he shouldn't have borrowed their money. You cannot complain about the loan shark's rates AFTER you take his money. And you cannot get on your moral high horse after borrowing money from scoundrels, either (was going to say thieves, but nothing is proven as of yet).

I don't think cannot is the wrong word, apparently there's a number of poker players who has done this
  • Laurent Tapie Confirms 19 Players Owe a Total of $16.5 Million to Full Tilt Poker | PokerNews

apparently there are 19 pros in total who owe around 16.5 million to full tilt. it isn't looking good especially since most of them are sticking to the "i'll pay my debt if it goes to paying US players back." allegedly some are in the process of signing contracts to make repayments though.