ivey, lindgren, benyamine, flack, greenstein owe millions to full tilt

PokerNews Exclusive: Barry Greenstein -- I Want to Make it Clear I Owe This Money | PokerNews

man this bugs me. these guys allegedly owe millions but won't pay it back because (i'm paraphrasing) "the money won't necessarily go back to the US players".

no offense but who gives a shit? they don't owe the players, they owe full tilt. and BT group is buying full tilt. hence they owe BT now. keeping their mouths shut until now is quite suspect also. this is an issue because allegedly BT group can't move forward until they deal with these debts. maybe this is true, maybe it's not though. who knows?

even reading greenstein's comments pisses me off. he pretty much says that full tilt didn't ask him for the money so he just decided to never paid it back. then after black friday he admits that he wouldn't pay it back unless it goes to the US players.

hey barry, sorry to knock you off your high horse there, but that's not your decision to make. not to mention THERE ARE OTHER COUNTRIES AND PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF THE US WHO LOST MONEY! yes, i know that is a scary thought you arrogant fucking american.

(i apologize to all the nice, non-arrogant americans out there, but you should move to another country if you don't want to be lumped into the majority of egocentric idiots down there.)

/rant

Comments

• I couldn't agree more. Debt is debt. Pay it.
  • PokerStars should drop Greenstein like a bad habit. I will be e-mailing pokerstars that if this is the type of person they endorse, then I will not be playing there any more.

I'll switch to playing live.
  • they may owe full tilt money but full tilt owes us money. I'd recommend not paying full tilt anything unless we hear some news first
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    they may owe full tilt money but full tilt owes us money. I'd recommend not paying full tilt anything unless we hear some news first

and by full tilt you mean BT group now. they won't pay them either.

i really hope you don't mean what you are outright stating (lol). so a debt shouldn't be payed if the guy you owe it to has a debt to someone else? how does that help the situation?
  • Theres a funny thing about Phil Ivey and his money when it comes to poker players
  • trigs wrote: »
    and by full tilt you mean BT group now. they won't pay them either.

i really hope you don't mean what you are outright stating (lol). so a debt shouldn't be payed if the guy you owe it to has a debt to someone else? how does that help the situation?

that's clearly not what I was outright stating, that's a generalization of what I was stating and it's silly that you'd bring that up. I understand where they're coming from, full tilt has basically stolen large sums of money from us players, there's no sense in throwing more money at them right now when their credability has dropped so low. Even if you refuse to pay back 40k, they have more than 40k equity they shouldn't have that they may never end up giving back, I doubt they'll suffer
    they may owe full tilt money but full tilt owes us money. I'd recommend not paying full tilt anything unless we hear some news first

Wrong on so many levels . . .

Barry owes Full Tilt $"X". Regardless of who will eventually own it (Tapie does not yet own any part of FTP, they have just made an offer), this debt is still owed. Whether he pays it to the DoJ, the Receiver, or puts in escrow until things are resolved, he does not haver any moral authority to withold payment.

That being said, Tapie Group can GTFO re: asking for the $$$.
  • Another way of looking at it is this:

If I owe $$$ to Trigs, then I am supposed to pay Trigs what I owe, right?

If Trigs owes $$$ to Darb, then Trigs is supposed to pay Darb what he owes, right?

If Trigs does not pay the $$$ he owes to Darb, that does not give me the right to arbitrarily NOT pay Trigs.

Nor does it mean that Darb can come to me for the $$$ I owe to Trigs as a means of getting the $$$ Trigs owes Darb.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Another way of looking at it is this:

If I owe $$$ to Trigs, thern I am supposed to pay Trigs what I owe, right?

If Trigs owes $$$ to Darb, then Trigs is supposed to pay Darb what he owes, right?

If Trigs welshes on the $$$ he owes to Darb, that does not give me the right to arbitrarily NOT pay Trigs.

Nor does it mean that Darb can come to me for the $$$ I owe to Trigs as a means of getting the $$$ Trigs owes Darb.

exactly. sorry rich, but your point ain't makin' sense.
  • if welshes means refuse to pay this is absolutely where I would not pay trigs. Take both me and trigs to court and see what happens imo

I wouldn't pay money back to a criminal
    if welshes means refuse to pay this is absolutely where I would not pay trigs. Take both me and trigs to court and see what happens imo

what? does that mean you think you'd win in court? i guess you don't understand how debt works then. my apologies for assuming you did.
    what? does that mean you think you'd win in court? i guess you don't understand how debt works then. my apologies for assuming you did.

I don't need to win, I need the threat of making us both lose

Edit: besides, greenstein didn't refuse to pay, he wants some insurance from full tilt that the money goes to the players
    I don't need to win, I need the threat of making us both lose

Edit: besides, greenstein didn't refuse to pay, he wants some insurance from full tilt that the money goes to the players

come to think of it, i am pretty sure i saw that defense on judge judy once. didn't work out too well for the guy.

note to self: do not lend money to rich.
    come to think of it, i am pretty sure i saw that defense on judge judy once. didn't work out too well for the guy.

note to self: do not lend money to rich.

does that mean you're planning to screw someone over?
  • Thought it had been kinda quiet in here for a couple of days, wondered where the next firestorm might flare up... :)
    does that mean you're planning to screw someone over?

no, it means you don't pay back debts you owe. thought that was obvious...??

EDIT: who knows? if i owe someone else, you just won't pay me. definitely not worth the risk. sorry if you don't understand my reasoning here.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Thought it had been kinda quiet in here for a couple of days, wondered where the next firestorm might flare up... :)

sorry comp. don't lock it just yet.
  • a bit more on topic, I thought that the reason full tilt was never taken to court for the scandal was because they operate outside the usa. am I wrong about that?
    no, it means you don't pay back debts you owe. thought that was obvious...??

I settle the problems and debts I have with the people involved. Now you're just needlessly accusing me of being dishonest
  • If you owe someone a legal debt and you don't pay you should go on the deadbeat list.
    a bit more on topic, I thought that the reason full tilt was never taken to court for the scandal was because they operate outside the usa. am I wrong about that?

is this true? wait, aren't they (i.e. the owners - bitar, ferguson, lederer, etc.) still possibly going to court?
    I settle the problems and debts I have with the people involved. Now you're just needlessly accusing me of being dishonest

wtf? so then why shouldn't greenstein et al pay their debt back? man you're making my head spin.

i'm done. you win. still never lending you anything. nothing personal.

well...actually i guess technically it is personal, but i don't think less of you.
  • let me put it like this, the moment the full tilt owners are accountable for what they did to the full tilt players I believe greenstein should pay them back their money
  • Milo wrote: »
    Wrong on so many levels . . .

Barry owes Full Tilt $"X". Regardless of who will eventually own it (Tapie does not yet own any part of FTP, they have just made an offer), this debt owed. Whether he pays it to the DoJ, the Receiver, or puts in escrow until things are resolved, he does not haver any moral authority to withold payment.

That being said, Tapie Group can GTFO re: asking for the $$$.

This. I highly doubt he actually has the money lying around to begin with, especially with talking about setting up a payment plan with the DOJ, if it came down to that. Either way, not taking a marker from him should I ever btp or vekked it up and get to that level.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I will be e-mailing pokerstars that if this is the type of person they endorse, then I will not be playing there any more.

Then who will keep the brags, beats and variance sub forum alive?
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    PokerStars should drop Greenstein like a bad habit. I will be e-mailing pokerstars that if this is the type of person they endorse, then I will not be playing there any more.

I'll switch to playing live.

lololol, no you won't.:)
  • Sooooo proud of trigs for this thread.;):).

Also I am surprised at Richard's post (s) about the court thing, cause he is right.
    I settle the problems and debts I have with the people involved.

EXACTLY THE POINT.

Barry owes money to Full Tilt, and so he should settle up . . . NOW.
    let me put it like this, the moment the full tilt owners are accountable for what they did to the full tilt players I believe greenstein should pay them back their money

That is not what you said in your other post that I quoted above. Try to remain consistant. It makes debate easier.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Sooooo proud of trigs for this thread.;):).

I feel so . . . empty.