Dead Pool III TEAMS . . .

Comments

• $5 sent to themill519
    $16 sent to compuease
  • Milo wrote: »
    Next year, slow rolls will cost you cash . . .

Agreed. Something like over 30 days without saying something and it's a 50% reduction.

Milo, no offence bro, but I'd like to see you do either:

a) Stay on top of every winner, and post ASAP once you hear about pick. (Thus letting everyone know and keeping it fair) This would also negate the need for a slow rolling fine.

or

b) STFU about all of the picks and NEVER post about a winner. Let us sort it out, especially if we implement a fine for slow rolling. Members in the pool would be free to point out when somebody dies, but of course you wouldn't want to do that as it would cost you money. I call this the 'Monopoly Rule'

or

c) Get off your purse and make some picks with us. Then you could do whatever you want :)
  • As far as slow rolling goes, I wish I was sharp enough to have managed that as per costanza but truth is I'm lazy and never bothered... Put in a 30 day rule and all of a sudden I get less lazy...;)
  • One of the things I did put into place as far as rule changes for next year was the idea that your wins are your responsibility, including a slowly decreasing pay-out for "slow-rolls", meaning I would no longer post about a winner at all, other than to confirm one that is posted.

As for staying on top of the teams, I do occasionaly scroll through the dead or alive sites I am aware of to keep tabs, but I do not do so on a weekly basis.

Feel free to replace me at any time, boys . . . as mentioned, I am too cheap to put my $$$ at risk, but I do enjoy the process of sorting things out for the participants in terms of getting things started, and in acting as an unbiased opinion for disputes. But if you would rather have someone who is involved take over, I would not take offense in the least.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Feel free to replace me at any time, boys . . . But if you would rather have someone who is involved take over, I would not take offense in the least.
    Wish there was a "dis" like button...
  • No worries, comp. Not upset at the critique from Johnnie, as I think he is correct about my (lack of) attentiveness. As for how to address those issues going forward, I think the revised rules will take care of that nicely. I think tweaking them to make the deduction a "flat-rate" per week rather than a percentage.
  • Yes, please take my post as a critique an not a complaint.

You do a great job at the draft and getting us started. Which I'm sure we all appreciate.

It's just that getting whacked with $21 in back payments was a hit to some of us, me included. I'm sure Comp had no problems with it though :) We need a 'black or white' rule for the the mod, as I guess other non-DP forum members.

If we implement a late fine, I would suggest that we change to the 'Monopoly Rule' which I suggested earlier... ie it would be up to the mangers to stay up on who is on their lists and to come forward when they get a winner. Yes, it would be a tad dishonest if someone else didn't point out when someone from another list expires, but that's life.
  • I don't mind if Milo continues on in the same capacity as before. Yes, it was a hit all at once but in the end you pay the same amount. I prefer to play it like this: cards talk. All our players are visible to everyone. If one of them dies within the year you get paid. Doesn't matter if you see it right away or at the end of the year. This protects the people who, for whatever reason, cannot always check their roster.

If the majority agree to a rule change for next year then I'd go along with it, but I'd vote to keep it the same as now.
  • i wish the DP seasons weren't so long...

ive missed 3 after wanting to be in so bad for ages lol

i monitor this thread for the lulz all the time
  • Steve I actually prefer what you said. I just think it heeds to be spelled out.

MG Keep waiting. Won't be long now.
  • I have posted a suggestion to change the Rules to reflect the idea that once the Pool starts, Managers are responsible for their own "wins" with a depreciating pay-off for each week in delay. As for the Monopoly Rule concept, the only way to prevent non-DP members from "helping" would be to keep the teams off the Forum entirely. I would suggest the following:

The Monopoly Rule (or One Player To A Hand, so to speak) would apply to yours truly and ALL Managers. We could then come to an agreement amongst the Managers on what, if any, penalty to impose on inadvertant revelations by non-Pool players in the form of a GG-_______ thread.

And I would also suggest that bulk pay-offs could be moderated in some way to ameliorate the impact of such a pay-out. We are all a pretty friendly community here. And no, JH, I did not take any of what you posted personally.

After reading Steve's post, I do agree that the most equitable method is to keep pay-outs as they stand currently. What we could implement is a maximum weekly pay-out, if that suits the Managers better. In the recent example, comp would still get his full pay-out, but it would be spread over three weeks (as an example).
  • Hey I would have been fine with paying your debts off over time if necessary.. (at suitable usury rates of course;)) Think of all of the interest I could have been making if I had collected on time and invested in baps..
  • costanza wrote: »
    i wish the DP seasons weren't so long...

ive missed 3 after wanting to be in so bad for ages lol

i monitor this thread for the lulz all the time

Two more months, and a little bit. As a newb, I will give you a valuable tip . . .

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU PUT ZSA ZSA ON YOUR ROSTER !!!

You're welcome.
  • lolol

zsa zsa is what my first team will be built around

its been so funny to see people rooting for her death for years lmao
  • costanza wrote: »
    lolol

zsa zsa is what my first team will be built around

You are going to get DJed . . .
  • Andy Williams has now crossed the Moon River in the sky...

'Moon River' crooner Andy Williams dies at age 84 -

List

WildBill - Paid
    Hobbes - Paid
    Steve - Paid
    TheMill - Paid
    JohnnieH - Paid
    Compuease - Paid
    DJ - Paid
    Mole - Paid
  • DataMn wrote: »
    Andy Williams has now crossed the Moon River in the sky...

'Moon River' crooner Andy Williams dies at age 84 - *

Sent...
  • Just deposited. Will ship when it clears.
  • Roster is updated.
  • Waiting for Stars to tell me I can transfer.
  • Popped my Cherry. :D
    Muddguts wrote: »
    I always enjoy watching Mr. Lom on the screen. RIP sir

Pink Panther Star Herbert Lom Dies, Aged 95

Milo wrote: »
    Prince Phillip
    Ayatollah Ali Khameini
    Erich Priebke
    Abigail van Buren
    Nelson Mandela
    James Garner
    Kenny Rogers
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Liza Minelli
    Pope Benedict
    Knowlton Nash
    Pat Robertson
    Charles Manson
    Paul McCartney
    Herbert Lom
  • Holy shit, I didn't know Hobbes was playing!

WTG! I'll ship later today.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Holy shit, I didn't know Hobbes was playing!

WTG! I'll ship later today.

I wasn't until today. :)
  • Updated . . . this might be the only o/u I get right.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Popped my Cherry. :D

Shipped...
  • Herbert Lom Payments

WildBill - Paid
    DataMn = Paid
    Steve - Paid
    TheMill - Paid
    JohnnieH - Paid
    Compuease - Paid
    DJ - Paid
    Mole - Paid