SNG Sunday!

Anybody else playing sng's today if your not too hungover:p.

My god the fish are out today, but as usual my hands can't hold up or I can't hit sweet fuck all when I have a tonne of outs.

Played 4 tables and got a 3rd in a 18 man to at least minimize the losses so far.

Comments

• gunna grind the 180s in a bit. GLGL
  • i was considering it. i played a ton yesterday, so i might take a break today.
  • Playing now - not sure whether to play the big tourneys yet...pending evening plans
  • working on finishing up my last 25 3.50 and having a beer.
  • Decided to cash out the majority of my bankroll for 2011, wanted to try a new challenge for 2012, left $300 on my account and starting to multi table games within proper bankroll management. Grinding out the small $3.50 games and can't have a hand hold up for the life of me. Kinda forgot how hard it was to grind out the smaller games again, high variance but planning to keep at it and see what I can pull off. Wanna see how long it takes to hit $5,000 bankroll. So im spending today gridning out these sitters and iunno if more fish are on today or what, but my hands are getting cracked constantly today even though I am getting it in 95% of the time ahead. its sikkk..... let the grind continue though.
  • fired up 2 more games, get fucked over yet again on the bubble.

How are you guys doing?
  • About as good as you seem to be =S
  • Took down a $15/180. Ended up satelliting into the Million sitting at 10501 90 minutes in
  • About as good as you seem to be =S

hehehehe, wish we could run it 4 times!;)
  • lol....... indeed!
  • r u playing on stars?
  • r u playing on stars?

Yes, not right now just finished the 2 games I was playing, will probably play some more tonight.
  • itt people spread their negativity to others to reinforce their own unhealthy negative views on the game, have fun
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    itt people spread their negativity to others to reinforce their own unhealthy negative views on the game, have fun

Online poker is a funny game. It mirrors baseball in so many ways. A hall of fame hitter gets a hit 3 out of 10 times, over the course of their career. That means, he failed to hit 7 out of 10 times.

Same thing in online poker, the really good players only cash in about 1 out of 6 tournies. And go really deep, less than a third of those. Even the best of the best, our very own BetrThanPhil, only cashes 15% of the time. Over 80% of his profit from 2011 came from just three tournaments.

If you want to be a great tournament player, you need to get good at losing more than you win.
    itt people spread their negativity to others to reinforce their own unhealthy negative views on the game, have fun

It's called a Philli
  • It is definately true that you need to get use to losing more than winning when playing MTT's. It obviously sucks when your close to cashing and you get all the chips in at any given time with the better hand, being ahead and having the other hand catch up and take the pot down. It hurts to invest that time and it sucks because when it rains it pours. However, I use that as a chance to learn and I don't let it bring me down. In fact some of the time I get knocked out I walk away happy. It sounds strange but usually 90% of the time I get those beats, I get my chips in good, im ahead going in and they just happen to catch up, thats the poker gods at work but I know I got my money in good. However the times that I get it in and I am behind, or the obvious coin flip situations where I have the 2 overs vs the under pair, I use those times to learn from how the hand was played so I can get my money in when i am ahead instead of calling or however it played out and being behind. That being said, it is still sometimes hard to swallow playing so well for so long and running bad. Though thats poker and you gotta take the good with the bad right?
  • 1st new verb for 2012 provided by GTA. :D
  • well it seems that my luck in the 180 mans hasn't changed from last year.

PokerStars - $4.10+$0.40|15/30 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
    SB: 1,580.00
    Hero (BB): 1,695.00
    UTG: 1,565.00
    UTG+1: 1,093.00
    MP: 5,195.00
    MP+1: 5,420.00
    LP: 2,470.00
    CO: 1,120.00
    BTN: 5,715.00
    SB posts SB 15.00
    Hero posts BB 30.00
    Pre Flop: (45.00)
    Hero has Ad Kd
    6 folds
    BTN raises to 450.00 (villain was 70/50 nut case)
    1 fold
    Hero raises to 1,695.00 and is all-in
    BTN calls 1,245.00
    Flop: (3405.00, 2 players) 2h 2s 7d
    Turn: (3405.00, 2 players) 3s
    River: (3405.00, 2 players) Js
    Hero shows Ad Kd (One Pair, Twos) (PreFlop 77%, Flop 16%, Turn 7%)
    BTN shows Kc 7s (Two Pair, Sevens and Twos) (PreFlop 23%, Flop 84%, Turn 93%)
    BTN wins 3,405.00

PokerStars - $2.28+$0.22|50/100 NL (9 max) - Holdem - 9 players
    CO: 1,315.00
    BTN: 1,025.00
    SB: 1,400.00
    Hero (BB): 1,765.00
    UTG: 1,465.00
    UTG+1: 2,935.00
    MP: 1,385.00
    MP+1: 1,825.00
    LP: 1,395.00
    SB posts SB 50.00
    Hero posts BB 100.00
    Pre Flop: (150.00) Hero has Js Jh
    7 folds
    SB raises to 1,400.00 and is all-in
    Hero calls 1,300.00
    Flop: (2800.00, 2 players) 5c Ts 9s
    Turn: (2800.00, 2 players) 3s
    River: (2800.00, 2 players) 4s
    SB shows Jd As (Flush, Ace High) (PreFlop 31%, Flop 19%, Turn 25%)
    Hero shows Js Jh (Flush, Jack High) (PreFlop 69%, Flop 81%, Turn 75%)
    SB wins 2,800.00

we are talking about poker, don't know what you and drunko the clown are talking about.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    1st new verb for 2012 provided by GTA. :D

Somebody beating a dead horse and saying over and over the same thing when people have proven them otherwise is called a GTA poker.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Somebody beating a dead horse and saying over and over the same thing when people have proven them otherwise is called a GTA poker.

So, you are GTA pokering and Philliing ITT?

Sick 2012 skillz.
  • internet poker is rigged. It isn't even poker. :D
  • Got in a small session this aft of 36 games. Finally pulled outta the downswing I was in though. It could have been a lot better had I run better itm.

36 x $2.50 180mans
    Profit: $139.07
    1x1st, 2x5th, 1x6th, 1x7th and 3 min cashes.
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    internet poker is rigged. It isn't even poker. :D

Hi muddguts!:)
    reibs wrote: »
    Got in a small session this aft of 36 games. Finally pulled outta the downswing I was in though. It could have been a lot better had I run better itm.

36 x $2.50 180mans
    Profit: $139.07
    1x1st, 2x5th, 1x6th, 1x7th and 3 min cashes.

Wow, that's pretty good reibs.:)

Wow, that's pretty good reibs.:)

Yeah I ran pretty absurd to get there. For instance I had 4 quads today...???
  • Feel free to use this thread if anyone want's to talk about sng's on any other day as well than Sunday, the title just had a nice ring to it.:D.
  • Finished up my last 15 3.50's with a terrible run, small sample, but, ended up the 100 -roi
  • Wolffhound wrote: »
    Finished up my last 15 3.50's with a terrible run, small sample, but, ended up the 100 -roi

:(.

I just bubbled 2 sng's at the same time! I am getting bashed around the last week pretty good, I feel it's confusing my game but I am trying to stay upbeat and positive. 1 thing I am doing better is picking up like bluff's better post flop.

How do you handle a terrible run?
  • Having a better day today so far, just resolved one of my "life" issues so happy with that.

Played 2 27 man sng's and cashed in both!, finally hit the cards I needed and won some races except 3 handed a guy rivered a ace on me :(, if I won that hand I had a good chance of winning it.

Gonna try and fire up some more!:)
    :(.

How do you handle a terrible run?

Learned a long time ago that it really doesn't matter what happens in 15 sng's...

bad shit happens, sometimes game after game. Quick glance at HH and if nothing slaps me in the face (that's if one can even recognize the mistakes in their own play as mistakes) then its just on to the next one.

Playing low limits forever also means that I couldn't give a shit about 3.50...even if its * 15.
    If they were the 30.00 ones Hobbes trying out, then I'd probably struggle more with it...that's why (along with being unskilled) is why I'm not interested in playing higher.