Stacks:
    UTG - Ramiress (T5,624)
    BTN - Hero (T629)
    SB - neptyk (T1,900)
    BB - kamikadze625 (T5,347)

Preflop: (T400, 4 players) Hero is BTN with 5s As
    1 fold, Hero raises to T604 (all-in), 1 fold,
    kamikadze625 calls T404

Flop: 9h 3h 4d (T1,408, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: 8s (T1,408, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 9c (T1,408, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Total Pot: T1,408
    kamikadze625 shows 3s Js (two pair, Nines and Threes)
    Hero shows 5s As (a pair of Nines)

kamikadze625 wins T1,408

-
    -
    -

This one was obvious I think but letting myself get to this short a stack is silly. I got there by the hand that follows,

No Limit Hold'em Tournament T200/T400
    Buy-in: $3.16+$0.34 USD Hold'em No Limit
    PokerStars
    4 players
    Formatted by pokercopilot.com - Mac OS X hand history analysis and tracking

Stacks:
    UTG - Hero (T666)
    BTN - brettbeer (T3,741)
    SB - barkly34 (T4,428)
    BB - VicBiggs (T4,665)

Preflop: (T700, 4 players) Hero is UTG with 9d Ad
    Hero raises to T641 (all-in), 2 folds, VicBiggs calls T241

Flop: 8s 2c 4d (T1,582, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: Td (T1,582, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 3h (T1,582, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Total Pot: T1,582
    VicBiggs shows Ah Th (a pair of Tens)
    Hero shows 9d Ad (high card Ace)

VicBiggs wins T1,582

-
    -
    -
    -

J/8 not so good.
    No Limit Hold'em Tournament T150/T300
    Buy-in: $3.16+$0.34 USD Hold'em No Limit
    PokerStars
    5 players
    Formatted by pokercopilot.com - Mac OS X hand history analysis and tracking

Stacks:
    UTG - barkly34 (T3,550)
    CO - VicBiggs (T4,565)
    BTN - Hero (T1,966)
    SB - face218 (T1,861)
    BB - brettbeer (T1,558)

Preflop: (T575, 5 players) Hero is BTN with Jd 8h
    2 folds, Hero raises to T1,941 (all-in), 1 fold, brettbeer calls T1,233 (all-in), Uncalled bet of T408 returned to Hero

Flop: Qh 4d Ac (T3,341, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: 2d (T3,341, 2 players, 1 all-in)

River: 9d (T3,341, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Total Pot: T3,341
    brettbeer shows Ah 3s (a pair of Aces)
    Hero shows Jd 8h (high card Ace)

brettbeer wins T3,341

trying to find the hand I had in mind with the raise/call
  • First shove is standard and you got coolered. Hand two, I wouldn't shove, knowing that you will get called by the shorter stack pretty wide.
  • I can't believe how bad my luck is.... and this is just one example, under pairs beating my overs, dominated hands catching up. I should be up huge tonight.

PokerStars Game #72076395161: Tournament #483077922, $3.16+$0.34 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VI (100/200) - 2011/12/13 0:17:28 ET
    Table '483077922 1' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
    Seat 1: KROKOZIA (305 in chips)
    Seat 2: michalP.com (1370 in chips)
    Seat 3: FBIO 38 (990 in chips)
    Seat 4: Pajal72 (4145 in chips)
    Seat 5: ojmurff (2600 in chips)
    Seat 6: goodfella500 (1405 in chips)
    Seat 9: djgolfcan (2685 in chips)
    KROKOZIA: posts small blind 100
    michalP.com: posts big blind 200
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to djgolfcan [7s 7c]
    FBIO 38: folds
    Pajal72: folds
    ojmurff: folds
    goodfella500: raises 1205 to 1405 and is all-in
    djgolfcan: raises 1205 to 2610
    KROKOZIA: folds
    michalP.com: folds
    Uncalled bet (1205) returned to djgolfcan
    *** FLOP *** [Ts 4s 3s]
    *** TURN *** [Ts 4s 3s] [8d]
    *** RIVER *** [Ts 4s 3s 8d] [Kh]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    goodfella500: shows [8c 5s] (a pair of Eights)
    djgolfcan: shows [7s 7c] (a pair of Sevens)
    goodfella500 collected 3110 from pot
  • couldn't get anything going. i lost too many coin flips and found myself in the red yet again.

Buy-ins: 42
    1st: 5
    2nd: 6
    3rd: 3
    Won: $139.37
    Profit: ($7.63)
    ROI: (5.2%)
  • trigs wrote: »
    couldn't get anything going. i lost too many coin flips and found myself in the red yet again.

Buy-ins: 42
    1st: 5
    2nd: 6
    3rd: 3
    Won: $139.37
    Profit: ($7.63)
    ROI: (5.2%)

Hey Trigs,

Don't have my numbers in front of me but I'm down about the same amount after 66 games. Looks like its going to come down to the wire. I'll post my stats tonight.
  • heh, well it'd be nice if it was kind of close. looks like if either of us can hit a good run they will take the win.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    50 buyins should be plenty at the $3.50 level. Even in my horrid streak of 60 games, I'm still breaking even.

Stop thinking about your new vehicle, and focus on MY new vehicle, dammit . . . :D
  • Milo wrote: »
    Stop thinking about your new vehicle, and focus on MY new vehicle, dammit . . . :D

clown-car.jpg
    heh, well it'd be nice if it was kind of close. looks like if either of us can hit a good run they will take the win.

am I not in this? :<
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    am I not in this? :<

oh yeah. no that's cool. winner take all then i guess.

how many games in richard?
    oh yeah. no that's cool. winner take all then i guess.

how many games in richard?

I didn't even realise we're playing for money :o About 30 games in, but what did I miss?
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I didn't even realise we're playing for money :o About 30 games in, but what did I miss?

lol, yeah that's why i thought you weren't in. bet is nothing big. loser pays for micro mtt buy-in for winner ($5 or less). winner is person with highest ROI after the 100 games.

as long as dj is cool with it i don't mind you joining the bet. it'll still cost me the same to lose ;) or you can just play along and compare results anyway.

EDIT: i'm really just doing this prop bet to try and motivate me to play more sngs. well, and so i can brag when i beat dj :D
  • slight downswing tonight. 6 in a row without even getting to the bubble didn't win a single race whether I was the pair or the overs.

I hate this side of variance. sigh.

3 more fired up then nap time

Holy phuc that was the ugly ass side of variance. I need to play some big tourneys man cause I must be due an up swing (I don't really believe I have built up luck)

Bubbled 1 of 12 games. Shoved and was called by an inferior pair 3 times where they not only hit the set, but hit quads! I can only LOL. tonight was a night where I could predict the turn or river about 70 percent of the time. wow I've got some serious hand reviewing to do tomorrow to see if it was just variance or if I truly did suck balls tonight.

could go either way

I am now a firm believer in the doom switch (tin foil hat included with club membership fee)
  • SuitedPair wrote: »
    slight downswing tonight. 6 in a row without even getting to the bubble didn't win a single race whether I was the pair or the overs.

Holy phuc that was the ugly ass side of variance. I need to play some big tourneys man cause I must be due an up swing (I don't really believe I have built up luck)

Bubbled 1 of 12 games. Shoved and was called by an inferior pair 3 times where they not only hit the set, but hit quads! I can only LOL. tonight was a night where I could predict the turn or river about 70 percent of the time. wow I've got some serious hand reviewing to do tomorrow to see if it was just variance or if I truly did suck balls tonight.

could go either way

I am now a firm believer in the doom switch (tin foil hat included with club membership fee)

lol yeah the variance in these turbos can be a major bitch. my worst stretch in this competition so far was 7 or 8 games (although i bubbled 3 or 4 of those).
  • SuitedPair wrote: »

meh, that's not variance. A friend of mine (good MTSNG player) just completed a run of 300 (180/45) and is down over 100BI.
  • Buy-ins: 51
    1st: 7
    2nd: 8
    3rd: 4
    Won: $190.57
    Profit: $12.07
    ROI: 6.8%
  • putting in a pretty decent session tomorrow. so far I'm at 20 games with $67 in payouts so I'm down 1.5 BI's so far
  • rich, i forgot to mention that it is also part of the bet that you finish your games by the end of the year. i have the last week off so i'll be able to put in some decent sessions then.
    rich, i forgot to mention that it is also part of the bet that you finish your games by the end of the year. i have the last week off so i'll be able to put in some decent sessions then.

I might finish tomorrow, we'll see ^^'
  • 70 games played

1st: 11
    2nd: 7
    3rd: 5
    4th: 10

Won: 244.64
    Loss: $0.36

ROI: -.1%

At least its a break even stretch and not a downswing.
  • The upswing is juuuuuuusssstt around the corner . . .
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    meh, that's not variance. A friend of mine (good MTSNG player) just completed a run of 300 (180/45) and is down over 100BI.

yeah, thanks for the perspective sir,
  • I just realised the rake is >10%. what's up with that?
  • Not in on the bet (sorry guys) but love the challenge to improve my SnGs. Hope this challenge will keep me focussed as I'm not as good at Pokerstars SnG's as I was on FTP (think its the faster blind structure and antes I have to adjust too.)

My 1st 10 results since "signing on".

Buy in--1st--2nd--3rd--4th--5th-9th---Played---Won
    Profit----ROI

$3.50---1----2
    2----2----3
    10----42.65
    $7.65----22%

Here's to positive ROI for all
  • Great start mate, I'm.going to need a nice run to make it a positive roi for all..
  • CdnVet0506 wrote: »
    Not in on the bet (sorry guys) but love the challenge to improve my SnGs. Hope this challenge will keep me focussed as I'm not as good at Pokerstars SnG's as I was on FTP (think its the faster blind structure and antes I have to adjust too.)

My 1st 10 results since "signing on".

Buy in--1st--2nd--3rd--4th--5th-9th---Played---Won
    Profit----ROI

$3.50---1----2
    2----2----3
    10----42.65
    $7.65----22%

Here's to positive ROI for all

Hop on board, the more, the merrier. You may want to try to regular timed SNGs on Stars.
    Hop on board, the more, the merrier. You may want to try to regular timed SNGs on Stars.

t minus few days to grindsville! Well to start anyway, really hopeful I get my vacation pay payout next week so I can join in on these games with ya's:).
    Gotta try something. Overall I'm a losing player on stars, and was a winning player on FTP - go figure. The start of this challenge is my new "first deposit" and will be working my arse off to get back onto the winning side of the ROI :-)
  • CdnVet0506 wrote: »
    Gotta try something. Overall I'm a losing player on stars, and was a winning player on FTP - go figure. The start of this challenge is my new "first deposit" and will be working my arse off to get back onto the winning side of the ROI :-)

Same here!

I think stars hates me or my account though:(.