100 $3.50 SNGs

Comments

• Milo wrote: »
    meh . . . mid-season slump.

I just need to find a way to play a million dollars worth of buy-ins, making an ROI of 10%.
  • yes . . . yes you do. Sometime in the next 6 months, pls . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    How many 6 yr. olds can you beat up at once?

i beat up one when i was 6.
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    After 46 games.

1st---2nd---3rd---4th---5th-9th----Played
    Won
    Profit
    ROI

$176.40
    $15.40
    10%

How the hell do you get so many 1sts? Tell me your pokerstars endgame secret!
  • philliivey wrote: »

Philliivey . . . please do not discuss the secrets of the Illuminati with non-members. A van has been dispatched . . . you will need to be re-educated. It's for your own good.

All I can say is look at how many times I bubble vs how many firsts I have. You may see a correlation. I may have already said too much.
  • Yes . . . you have. The only reason the van isn't making TWO stops is because we know you're just doing it for the ride.

But we are watching you . . .
  • On a table with DJ..... I iz scared........ he be on my left

edit: Shit, put a bad beat on him when I thought he was outta line....luckily he had me covered and is roaring back
  • SuitedPair wrote: »
    On a table with DJ..... I iz scared........ he be on my left

edit: Shit, put a bad beat on him when I thought he was outta line....luckily he had me covered and is roaring back

It figures, I came back and finished 2nd in this one. I was playing four others at the same time and I had KK cracked THREE TIMES !! lost the chip lead on all three, and bubbled all three, fml.
  • KK is not my friend tonight.

PokerStars Game #71742900500: Tournament #480066429, $3.16+$0.34 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level VII (100/200) - 2011/12/07 0:13:09 ET
    Table '480066429 1' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
    Seat 2: str20081 (4045 in chips)
    Seat 6: mort_pi (3630 in chips)
    Seat 9: djgolfcan (5825 in chips)
    str20081: posts the ante 25
    mort_pi: posts the ante 25
    djgolfcan: posts the ante 25
    mort_pi: posts small blind 100
    djgolfcan: posts big blind 200
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to djgolfcan [Kd Kc]
    str20081: raises 300 to 500
    mort_pi: calls 400
    djgolfcan: raises 1300 to 1800
    str20081: folds
    mort_pi: calls 1300
    *** FLOP *** [5h Ks 2d]
    mort_pi: bets 800
    djgolfcan: raises 1000 to 1800
    mort_pi: calls 1000
    *** TURN *** [5h Ks 2d] [Jh]
    mort_pi: bets 5 and is all-in
    djgolfcan: calls 5
    *** RIVER *** [5h Ks 2d Jh] [Jd]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    mort_pi: shows [Js Jc] (four of a kind, Jacks)
    djgolfcan: shows [Kd Kc] (a full house, Kings full of Jacks)
    mort_pi collected 7785 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot 7785 | Rake 0
    Board [5h Ks 2d Jh Jd]
    Seat 2: str20081 (button) folded before Flop
    Seat 6: mort_pi (small blind) showed [Js Jc] and won (7785) with four of a kind, Jacks
    Seat 9: djgolfcan (big blind) showed [Kd Kc] and lost with a full house, Kings full of Jacks
  • sick sick sick. And I know cause my sevens cut down your KK once. Weird how that happens some times.

every time I get upset at a beat now I just remember Shar's loss of QQ<AK when the board turned and rivered quad deuces.
  • How is it going guys? I am thinking of going back to 9 man's and if I do it would be this buy in level to start.
    How is it going guys? I am thinking of going back to 9 man's and if I do it would be this buy in level to start.
    I heard from a good source through the grape vine that the micros are pretty fishy these days. Make sure you stay away from the higher buyins because I heard they are rigged.
  • darbday wrote: »
    I heard from a good source through the grape vine that the micros are pretty fishy these days. Make sure you stay away from the higher buyins because I heard they are rigged.

well not sure about the high buy in part, but I have been watching these lower buy in games later at night and it's a sad Phil not playing in those games.
    well not sure about the high buy in part, but I have been watching these lower buy in games later at night and it's a sad Phil not playing in those games.

I also feel sad that you're not playing in these games. :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I also feel sad that you're not playing in these games. :D

muahahahaha!

How about a long term stake maybe?;)

so put in fifty bucks and take a shot. (yes i know that isnt enough for proper brm but its replenishable)

edit...also why would you want a backer at so low a level? you should be able to get tree fity together for a proper 100 buy in roll or you shouldnt wasre you time even watching. i see no problem with getting staked to spread risk but relying on it to get started seems weak. just sayin
    so put in fifty bucks and take a shot. (yes i know that isnt enough for proper brm but its replenishable)

edit...also why would you want a backer at so low a level? you should be able to get tree fity together for a proper 100 buy in roll or you shouldnt wasre you time even watching. i see no problem with getting staked to spread risk but relying on it to get started seems weak. just sayin

Wow suited pair that post coming from you:o, My post above was a lil humor from another thread on here, that's all:).

As for watching, it's not wasting time really as that's what you should be doing on games you want to play to see what the general style of play is and maybe see who are reg's and such.

As for 100 buy in's, that's the goal but and wish I could but gonna have to start with like 50.
  • 50 buyins should be plenty at the $3.50 level. Even in my horrid streak of 60 games, I'm still breaking even.
    50 buyins should be plenty (for a winning player) at the $3.50 level. Even in my horrid streak of 60 games, I'm still breaking even.

fyp :D
    50 buyins should be plenty at the $3.50 level. Even in my horrid streak of 60 games, I'm still breaking even.

What the dude above me said
  • For sure. What BR will you need before stepping up DJ? Also, are you only playing the turbos or mixing in some regular speed? I've always seen you on the turbos

I know it's variance but last night after crashing out of the PFC tourney on the bubble I opened 3 up, won one, second on the other (after getting heads up with the chip lead and getting it in good twice) and 5th in the third after making a stupid mistake while closing out the one that I won. Looks like a few people on here are hitting the SnG at the 3.50 level.

when are you in Phili? join the party mate
    For sure. What BR will you need before stepping up DJ? Also, are you only playing the turbos or mixing in some regular speed? I've always seen you on the turbos

I know it's variance but last night after crashing out of the PFC tourney on the bubble I opened 3 up, won one, second on the other (after getting heads up with the chip lead and getting it in good twice) and 5th in the third after making a stupid mistake while closing out the one that I won. Looks like a few people on here are hitting the SnG at the 3.50 level.

Maybe new year bud, new year new start kinda thing you know.:)
    For sure. What BR will you need before stepping up DJ? Also, are you only playing the turbos or mixing in some regular speed? I've always seen you on the turbos

I would move up to the $7 games with a roll of $350 and drop back down if I fell below 40 buyins. Basically a 10 buy in cushion. I am playing the turbos, but am thinking about playing the regular ones, but just adding more tables.
  • 1st---2nd---3rd---4th---5th-9th----Played
    Won--ITM
    Profit
    ROI

-- -$?
    39%---$5.25
    3%

must get more of those ITM's up to the top.

After reviewing some hands I think I'm too passive in the middle stages and don't leave myself in a good enough position from bubble to bink. I think I'm then too aggressive with the bubble on as I was willing to call with some very weak holdings given positions and reads. I think this is based on all the articles that state that people are too weak on the bubble and this needs to be exploited. might be taking that too far into the wrong spots. Like calling a shove with QT for 13BB after I 2x opened. Stats were 20/14/20 so maybe a good spot to fold and fight another hand.
    Won--ITM
    Profit
    ROI

-- -$?
    39%---$5.25
    3%

After reviewing some hands I think I'm too passive in the middle stages and don't leave myself in a good enough position from bubble to bink. I think I'm then too aggressive with the bubble on as I was willing to call with some very weak holdings given positions and reads. I think this is based on all the articles that state that people are too weak on the bubble and this needs to be exploited. might be taking that too far into the wrong spots. Like calling a shove with QT for 13BB after I 2x opened. Stats were 20/14/20 so maybe a good spot to fold and fight another hand.

Ya same here I think, this is the 1st area I am going to read on when my poker book arrives.

Please keep posting on what you are doing in these areas. :)
    I think this is based on all the articles that state that people are too weak on the bubble and this needs to be exploited.
    in order to exploit this we should be pushing wider, as this means they fold more.

Calling more or making a stand isn't a good idea since we know peoples ranges will be strong because we already stated people play weak poker on the bubble....they fold to much...
  • 1st---2nd---3rd---4th---5th-9th----Played
    Won--ITM
    Profit
    ROI

-- -$?
    39%---$5.25
    3%

To demonstrate how few hands this is to make any conclusions about play ability, just 3 more games change the numbers to this,

Won--ITM
    Profit
    ROI

-- -$?
    40%---$14.66
    9%
    Won--ITM
    Profit
    ROI

-- -$?
    39%---$5.25
    3%

calling doesn't make you aggro
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    calling doesn't make you aggro

fo sho, but the open to 2x with the intent to call does