13»

Comments

• I will bring my own folding chair.

T.
  • Sorry, but I must cancel.

Damn it!
  • Sorry, but I must cancel.

Damn it!

I guess the Baby souffle I make will go to waste. You'll be missed Andrew!

The list is updated. If anyone needs the directions or my cell number, please PM me.

Also if you are going to be late or need to bail, please let me ASAP.

One last thing, as always, I would like to remind everyone to drive safe and be on the watch for speed traps once you driving through Kitchener. The OPP love to hide until EVERY overpass on HW 7/8 to nail speeders.

Thanks all. See you tomorrow!!!
  • So, I should just hitch up one horse to the buggy for the long drive then. Sounds good. You have a stable for them correct?
  • So, I should just hitch up one horse to the buggy for the long drive then. Sounds good. You have a stable for them correct?

I cant resist, he does...its his car in neutral and pulled down the road by horses LOL
  • getem76 wrote: »
    I cant resist, he does...its his car in neutral and pulled down the road by horses LOL

I was going to sell Blitz the Buggy, but maybe that can wait.

buggy_net_ready.jpg
  • No stable, but a nice field for the horses to graze in. Liberty approves of the field, too.
  • Hi all. I'm going to have to cancel for tomorrow. Sorry for the late notice. Have fun all.

Steve
  • You might be back to two tables by game time.
  • sorry johnnie but I gotta bail good luck all
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    You might be back to two tables by game time.

Ding!

But still need 3 tables anyways to start the cash game ASAP.
  • My table is on board in the van already. Please don't make fun when you see it.
  • I am sick so I can't make it good like luck all and Happy New Tear
  • I am sick so I can't make it good like luck all and Happy New Tear

Sorry to hear that, Brent. Get well soon, and Happy New Tear to you too!
  • Will be there a little late but will be there, please blind me in. And don't let Bill steal my blinds!
  • Might be a few minutes late

/g2
  • Any updates, Dahlinks?
  • Beanie, folded and compuese have been eliminated.

I'm on über tilt and the Pepi's has been ordered.
  • uber-tilt? But . . . why?
  • cash game started yet or no?
  • Any notes of interest?
  • I'm out, just couldn't get Mark to fold the better hand.. :( Damn calling station. :)
  • The tournament is over. BigE and djGolfcan decided to chop the top 2 prizes ($260) while EdtheTed took 3rd of $170 and Jack grabbed 4th for $70. Unfortunately g2 was the Bubble Boy.

Thanks again to everyone for coming!
  • How'd Zsa Zsa finish?
  • We couldn't get the banner done in time. So Johnny doesn't know this was the Annual Zsa Zsa Poker Tournament.

Great fun, as always with this group. The deep stacks helped make the tourney last a long time and everyone was pretty tight, not betting crazy amounts, unless they had J-J preflop.

I ended up chopping as it was getting late and I wasn't sure how the weather and driving would be. Turned out better than I thought, thank goodness.

Thanks for hosting Johnnie !! It was a pleasure to meet your family.
  • Thanks again for hosting Johnnie. Love the deepstack format. It was great meeting a few more forum people. Looking forward to next year's event.

Jac
  • Thanks for a great day of poker Johnnie. I love the deepstack format. Nice to meet wildbill and hope he makes it down here to play again.
  • Thought I would do a little trip report as this was my first venture out into the real life world of the organisms that present themselves here virtually on CPF.

First off, wow that was a lot of fun. John and his family were excellent hosts. I realized on the way back home that we hadn’t indulged in the potatoe bacon tart and did shed a few tears. Being able to stay over and not drive all the way back home in a snow storm easily made my participation possible and I can’t say enough how much I appreciate that.

The tournament was very entertaining. My absolute and complete nittiness was indulged perfectly by the most deep stacked tourney I’ve ever played. Thankfully, Mark was nearby to offer me coaching when I erred in my ways of betting. Just kidding, meeting Mark was quite entertaining. Both tables appeared to be having a great time. Sadly, I busted out before even making the final table. The final table ground away at each other like a handful of gladiators with DJ and Big E chopping.

The food break. Now that’s a pizza. Jesus, it wasn’t even the meat lovers pizza and that thing was running over with bits of animal falling here and there. My only advice to the makers would be a very thin layer of mozzarella on top to hold things together a bit more. But, again. Wow.

Thus the cash game. I am a nit. I know this. I have no problem admitting it. I do take up a seat at a table and don’t provide a ton of action. I haven’t played much non tourney poker live or online, but wow did this game provide a great example of the difference between the two. Trevor was very accommodating in exploiting this leak at peak performance! Thanks very much to his wife for being a great dealer and keeping the game moving at a great pace and clearly maintained. Much appreciated. I bought in once for the max of $60 and managed to string it out till the end of the night. I know that’s not considered to be a proper plan for a winning game. My goal for this trip was more to meet people and have fun. Things are a bit tight right now and a full day of poker only losing $100 total was a good deal considering my goal.

Singing, (or rather quietly crooning so as not to wake up John’s family) Happy Birthday to Hang to Dry after midnight was pretty funny.

Anyhoo, over 12 hours of straight poker was very draining but I had a great time.

Meeting all the pfc folk that I got to talk to was awesome. Buzzard thought I was much older which must just mean I’m more handsome and must present on here as a surly old bastard. Comp…I didn’t get to chat with him much which was too bad. Clearly he needed to sit closer to Mark to catch the free coaching that’s offered. Mark was actually pretty entertaining from beginning to end. He’s misunderstood, but should be leashed when in public.

So, great time. Thanks to John and your family for everything. Again, great to finally meet all of you guys. Will definitely be back to the KW area again for a pfc event. I’m sure that has some of you guys thinking “Awesome! More free money!”. Didn’t have as much available last night to donate as I might on a future night. I’ll remedy that for the next time.
  • Johnnie: Thanks again for hosting. The format was excellent and it lasted longer than I thought it would. I had a great time, played some good poker and everyone was friendly. An excellent day and I look forward to the next one!
  • mark was actually pretty entertaining from beginning to end. He’s misunderstood, but should be muzzled when in public. I’ll remedy that for the next time.

fyp.