What would you do

2»

Comments

• Here we go again.

PokerStars Game #65887213763: Omaha Pot Limit ($0.50/$1.00 USD) - 2011/08/11 23:19:05 ET
    Table 'Galatea VIII' 9-max Seat #7 is the button
    Seat 1: immalky ($43.55 in chips)
    Seat 3: basictax ($207.05 in chips)
    Seat 4: asxn557 ($85.45 in chips)
    Seat 5: pier666 ($86.25 in chips)
    Seat 6: Pace 93 ($73.45 in chips)
    Seat 7: Koukla13 ($196.90 in chips)
    Seat 8: Chris Kiwi ($186.90 in chips)
    Seat 9: thePOH ($127.85 in chips)
    Chris Kiwi: posts small blind $0.50
    thePOH: posts big blind $1
    scottyjr81: sits out
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to asxn557 [Qc Tc Ts Ks]
    immalky: folds
    basictax: calls $1
    asxn557: raises $2 to $3
    pier666: folds
    Pace 93: folds
    Koukla13: folds
    Chris Kiwi: raises $8 to $11
    thePOH: folds
    basictax: calls $10
    asxn557: calls $8
    *** FLOP *** [Ac Kd Jc]
  • I would raise about $40 in this situation to get out anyone out who may be drawing to a king high flush. Having two 10's would also help make the decision easier. You would have the best hand with second best flush going in with a big reraise. My biggest worry would be the board pairing. So what happened?
  • This one is a little different as you have draws to improve your hand still, one to the 2nd nut flush draw and also the super nuts (Royal). The only thing you don't want to see is the board paired.

In Omaha, I doubt you are going to get the nut flush draw to fold, or any trips, just give them incorrect odds of chasing in your bet sizing.
  • if tax bets get it in, if tax doesnt bet check is actually good....although I have no interest in folding this hand...the check disguises your weakness to the redraw HUGE....better put most would think your weak here with a check behind
  • Here there is only one flush draw higher tan yours and you are freerolling anyone with a straight that doesn't have a redraw so opponent dependent pick a line to best get it in.

I almost always bet here with or without a hand as many times nobody will have the straight and it gives a good bluff opportunity as they will likely not continue without it. So in a balance sort of thing I would just bet like 1/2 - 2/3 pot to look non-committal as this could lead to them bluff-raising or getting it in with a straight and no redraw and it gives a good price when you are bluffing at it.
  • Steve.693 wrote: »
    Here there is only one flush draw higher tan yours and you are freerolling anyone with a straight that doesn't have a redraw so opponent dependent pick a line to best get it in.

I almost always bet here with or without a hand as many times nobody will have the straight and it gives a good bluff opportunity as they will likely not continue without it. So in a balance sort of thing I would just bet like 1/2 - 2/3 pot to look non-committal as this could lead to them bluff-raising or getting it in with a straight and no redraw and it gives a good price when you are bluffing at it.

sometimes more looks if your trying to get the max, on a board like this its just as interesting to other hands to slow play it, even PLO as for the flush draw, the way I view it, more important you have 2 clubs to block it coming then hope your nuts hold up
  • Given my flush draw, I was going all the way. As you forewarned, the board paired on the turn. Don't know if I could have just called. Didn't have much left at that point.

*** FLOP *** [Ac Kd Jc]
    Chris Kiwi: bets $32.30
    basictax: folds
    asxn557: raises $42.15 to $74.45 and is all-in
    Chris Kiwi: calls $42.15
    *** TURN *** [Ac Kd Jc] [Jh]
    *** RIVER *** [Ac Kd Jc Jh] [6d]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    Chris Kiwi: shows [8d As 7s Ah] (a full house, Aces full of Jacks)
    asxn557: shows [Qc Tc Ts Ks] (a straight, Ten to Ace)
    Chris Kiwi collected $179.90 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $182.90 | Rake $3
    Board [Ac Kd Jc Jh 6d]
    Seat 1: immalky folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 3: basictax folded on the Flop
    Seat 4: asxn557 showed [Qc Tc Ts Ks] and lost with a straight, Ten to Ace
    Seat 5: pier666 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 6: Pace 93 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 7: Koukla13 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: Chris Kiwi (small blind) showed [8d As 7s Ah] and won ($179.90) with a full house, Aces full of Jacks
    Seat 9: thePOH (big blind) folded before Flop
  • I cant say Id lay it down, you just got screwed by someone who wont give up a set, man PLO burns sometimes
  • you made the right play and they made a big mistake here. You were pot commited after the flop and there is always a chance that they didn't have the boat and were trying to bluff you off the straight. On the flop you were a 72/28 favorite.

Poker Odds Calculator (twodimes.net)
  • Thanks again for the input. In hindsight, the only way to reduce the variance in these situations is to just call the flop bet. Once he hit his boat on the turn, he might have checked to try to draw a bet from me. I probably would check at that point.

Online almost everyone overplays AA in PLO. I just have to remember that. Kiwi's pf pot raise blared out AA. And my all-in was definitely going to be called. So next time I think I'll just call. If I'm still ahead on the turn, I'll make the rest of my money then.
  • If you take that line you will get bluffed out more often than they will have a boat. As a 70% favorite get your stack in (then fist pump as you don't see 70% edges all that often when themoney gets in the middle in PLO) and let them make the mistake on the flop. Also many times they won't give you the rest of the money on the turn when they don't fill up.
  • Slightly different this time. Still flopped the nuts again.

PokerStars Game #66458298830: Omaha Pot Limit ($0.10/$0.25 USD) - 2011/08/23 23:04:04 ET
    Table 'Jucunda V' 9-max Seat #4 is the button
    Seat 1: dago886 ($10.96 in chips)
    Seat 2: Greyswallow ($15.66 in chips)
    Seat 3: Twisty ($30.63 in chips)
    Seat 4: gvonah ($23.50 in chips)
    Seat 5: bluffer1069 ($36.07 in chips)
    Seat 6: hbtank ($14.84 in chips)
    Seat 7: Joshua75 ($21.64 in chips)
    Seat 8: asxn557 ($37.78 in chips)
    Seat 9: monradkongen ($50.11 in chips)
    bluffer1069: posts small blind $0.10
    hbtank: posts big blind $0.25
    *** HOLE CARDS ***
    Dealt to asxn557 [8h Kd 9h Kc]
    Joshua75: folds
    asxn557: calls $0.25
    monradkongen: raises $0.85 to $1.10
    dago886: folds
    Greyswallow: folds
    Twisty: calls $1.10
    gvonah: folds
    bluffer1069: folds
    hbtank: calls $0.85
    asxn557: calls $0.85
    *** FLOP *** [5c 4h Kh]
  • in this case im prob getting it in if the opportunites arrives. I mean your never folding here.
  • in this case im prob getting it in if the opportunites arrives. I mean your never folding here.

^^this obv.......I like donk betting this flop hoping for a raise, or check raise......as always, re-evaluate the turn
  • Your probably just as unlucky as me, if you dont play mulitple tables your tilt will stay at a small amount so you can keep losing in these situtations....when you 4-6 table and these happen 3 times in five minutes, that sucks!
  • Turns out I was ahead on the flop and turn. Again, probably just should have called the flop, but with an Ace on the turn and him hitting 2 pairs AAKK and nut flush draw, not likely he wasn't going all-in. I had more money so thought pushing on the flop was the best move. Thanks for your input again.

*** FLOP *** [5c 4h Kh]
    hbtank: checks
    asxn557: bets $3
    monradkongen: folds
    Twisty: raises $10.18 to $13.18
    hbtank: folds
    asxn557: raises $23.50 to $36.68 and is all-in
    Twisty: calls $16.35 and is all-in
    Uncalled bet ($7.15) returned to asxn557
    *** TURN *** [5c 4h Kh] [As]
    *** RIVER *** [5c 4h Kh As] [Qh]
    *** SHOW DOWN ***
    asxn557: shows [8h Kd 9h Kc] (a flush, King high)
    Twisty: shows [9d 5h Ah Ks] (a flush, Ace high)
    Twisty collected $61.56 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $63.56 | Rake $2
    Board [5c 4h Kh As Qh]
    Seat 1: dago886 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 2: Greyswallow folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 3: Twisty showed [9d 5h Ah Ks] and won ($61.56) with a flush, Ace high
    Seat 4: gvonah (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 5: bluffer1069 (small blind) folded before Flop
    Seat 6: hbtank (big blind) folded on the Flop
    Seat 7: Joshua75 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
    Seat 8: asxn557 showed [8h Kd 9h Kc] and lost with a flush, King high
    Seat 9: monradkongen folded on the Flop
  • I would take your hand over his, your unlucky it seems in those shoving situations