Dead Pool Decision . . .

Okay, based on previous delinquency, which was eventually made good, as well as the current info. being posted elsewhere, I think a decision needs to be made re: HVEE's roster.

As of this moment, HVEE's roster is suspended. What this means is that, should any of his players die before we resolve this, no other manager is obligated to pay off on that player's demise.

This leaves us with the dilemma of what to do with the team itself. During the previous delay in payment, DrTyore had offered to assume the mantle and responsibility for HVEE's team. If the majority of managers approve, and the good Dr. is still willing, then I see no reason why we should not take this option. Failing that, I would suggest folding the franchise, and continuing with the remaining teams as they are.

Your thoughts, please . . .

Comments

• If Mark wants to take the team on... Then I'm ok with that I guess.

Otherwise, I say forfeit and forget.
  • How much is HVEE behind? Obviously no one pays him anything until he is payed up on all debts (including the playoff pool) even if he has success. (err his stiffs get stiffer)
  • I believe he is missing on two or three losses, but can confirm if you like. Not really the amount that is the point, but rather the principle of "good faith". Combine that with the issue of his hockey pool, and contrast it with the response from other team managers who have lapsed in their attention to the dead pool, and I am less inclined to cut him any more slack.
  • I'm ok with either decision.
  • I think bringing in DrTyore as a manager would be fun for everyone. As he's being a good sport, I think we should also allow him one pick of his own. Just my 2 cents.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    I think bringing in DrTyore as a manager would be fun for everyone. As he's being a good sport, I think we should also allow him one pick of his own. Just my 2 cents.

I concur.

I talked to Mark this weekend, he will accrue Hvee's pool and debts.

Milo, send him a PM and get him in.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I concur.

I talked to Mark this weekend, he will accrue Hvee's pool and debts.

Milo, send him a PM and get him in.

Mark, HVEE owed me tree fiddy...
  • Mark is now on the Deadpool?

$10 says no other wrestler dies this year!
  • Can I get a summary of who's owed how much, and where do I find my team?

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Can I get a summary of who's owed how much, and where do I find my team?

Mark

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f12/dead-pool-ii-team-lists-24224/
  • $5 to me for Falk's passing.

I believe $5 to djgolfcan for Ruby Muhamed's. Not 100% sure about that one, but I went back through the DPII team lists thread and didn't see any indication of payment made or received.

That's all I could find Mark.
  • Was there a decision made about giving him a pick of his own to add to his team?
  • Don't worry about changing teams.

I didn't get in on the ground floor because I'm too damned lazy to research... though Wayne Gretzky? Poor form Ron!

Mark
  • Awesome. I just thought it would be great to have everyone do a $1 side wager as to who you'd pick, send the names to Milo, then you post and if someone's right, we all pay up. If not, Milo gets it lol.

Maybe I'm more of a degenerate gambler than I thought.
    Don't worry about changing teams.

I didn't get in on the ground floor because I'm too damned lazy to research... though Wayne Gretzky? Poor form Ron!

Mark

I will rename the team shortly . . . welcome to the end of your good karma.
  • Milo wrote: »
    I will rename the team shortly . . . welcome to the end of your good karma.

I hope Mark gets a bunch of picks off Hvee's team.
    Don't worry about changing teams.

I'll be nice. :D
  • Interestingly, HVEE was on the forum about an hour ago. Obviously he chose not to comment about any of the recent 'circumstances'. I found him on P* and asked him if he'd heard that Peter Falk had passed away. No comment returned. Of course he could have chat turned off.
  • I cannot change the header on the team list, but I have deleted the payment info for HVEE, and posted a notice re: change in ownership.

As for whom Mark might pick, I think a couple of us might have an inside track on which wrestler it would be, right cerb?
  • I'm good with Mark getting a free pick as well, especially since he was willing to assume debts...
  • compuease wrote: »
    I'm good with Mark getting a free pick as well, especially since he was willing to assume debts...

Agreed.
  • That is true. Mark, feel free to make an "at large" selection. Whomever you wish, no restrictions (well, except for comp). I will post it to your roster.
  • Milo wrote: »
    That is true. Mark, feel free to make an "at large" selection. Whomever you wish, no restrictions (well, except for comp). I will post it to your roster.
    lol, thanks for that.. And knowing Mark I would have been his first pick.

He's looking for the inheritance...
  • Pffft . . . we've seen you play poker, so we know where the inheritance is going . . . it's just a question of how long it lasts. Hopefully it last until the 16th.
  • Interestingly, HVEE was on the forum about an hour ago. Obviously he chose not to comment about any of the recent 'circumstances'. I found him on P* and asked him if he'd heard that Peter Falk had passed away. No comment returned. Of course he could have chat turned off.

Chat has been turned off. I haven't been home. Got back yesterday.
    Duffer was paid for Ruby Muhammed. Was going to catch up today.
    I may be signed in here but like always now but it does not mean I have actually visited.

If moose and Westside see this. Please send me your screen names on stars and I will send you the pool money. It will be after I get home tonight.
  • popcorn - check
    comfortable chair - check
    subscribed thread - check

this one may qualify for pay for view!
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    I may be signed in here but like always now but it does not mean I have actually visited.

If moose and Westside see this. Please send me your screen names on stars and I will send you the pool money. It will be after I get home tonight.

I call BS. You've been playing online, which means you've had Internet access, which means you could check in at any time. But no, you completely disappeared without one word off apology to anybody. One post or PM would have been enough to save face.

Hopefully you will honour your debts, and offer some kind of apology/explanation to those you have cheated. Yes, cheated. You are out of the Deadpool.

IMO, you should be banned from CPF, but that's not my choice.
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    IMO, you should be banned from CPF, but that's not my choice.

If debts are paid promptly no ones getting banned, cept those that piss me off... :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    If debts are paid promptly no ones getting banned, cept those that piss me off... :)

Now he's after me....

Milton Slim
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »

Glad you plan on making good with moose and Wes. Your team in the Dead Pool has been taken over by DrTyore. Unless there is a great hue and cry to change it back, that is how it will stay.
This discussion has been closed.