good poker site?

so in light of FT kicking the bucket, i wouldn't mind finding another decent online site that i can get rake back from. what are your comments on the following:

paradise poker
betsson
pkr
888 poker
doyle's room
carbon poker
betfair

or possibly another one?

Comments

• I started playing 888 today. Just using the free eight bucks for registering for now. I'm up a buck or so this far. Anyone had experiance with them? Especially in regards to withdrawing money?
  • I don't mind the Merge Network..due to the 35% rakeback, and have had decent success there. As well as Betfair has a lot of euro time zone decent tournies and a not bad rebate system. (now that I got it figured out).
  • thanks for the comments.
  • I have some $$ on Titan, so I might play on there again. Haven't been there in some time, so not sure what to expect though. The worst part about Titan was the support staff interrupting your game to get you to deposit more.

Have a few dollars on Cake too, but again, haven't been there in sometime either. Hate the graphics and interface on Cake, but the games were normally pretty soft. One thing I didn't like about Cake was that players could change their login names randomly so taking a notes was a pain in the ass...and you can't use PokerTracker or HM.
  • I found it very amusing when someone from Titan actually called me at home to ask why I hadn't been playing on there in a while! They just wanted to make sure everything was ok.

The only reason I played on there was for the brief stint where the forum tourneys were on that site. Once that was finished, so was I. Couldn't stand the interface.
  • I'm still just mucking about on 888, I like the "double or nothing" STT that pays 20% of the prize pool to to the top 5 finishers.
  • Don't mind 888 either, the late GTDs usually get some overlays. Only play microstakes, but small field $5-10 GTD seem to offer odds I can't pass up...if your willing to play in middle of night. Been awhile since I have been on so that could have changed too.

CD, Titan, VC any of the I-poker, like their dirty dozen SNG's forget trying to get into any MTT's though, never any fields. Cash is alright.

Never played any Merge other than Feltstars, didn't mind it. Found it quite similar to I-poker at micro levels.

I never took to PKR, the gimmicks where cool, but
  • thanks guys.

damn i can't decide. i finally have a whole summer to dedicate to poker and online poker decided to come crashing down. talk about running bad...
  • I am playing on Carbon right now and I like the interface and graphics. It's a small feature but I like the "show one or both cards and fold". I doubt many people are paying attention to me but meh, sometimes I like to show a good fold. It plays a silly chime when you win a pot but that might be an option you can change. Don't know how much I will play here but it's an alternate option
  • damn, running bad already. 99 vs AK and lost to runner runner flush and then lost a pot where it stated I was a 91% favourite. Not a good start!
  • I don't like the interface on titan at all although the games seem soft and the bonus would be easy enought to clear and they offer 200% on first deposit. A few killers for me are that the time zone can't be changed meaning you have to convert any tourney start time to your time zone, the fact that they don't have many tourneys that start at resonable times here and that the table doesn't pop up when you have to act making me miss a few turns no seeing it flashing on the task bar.

888 seems like on ok interface, i took there free offer for $8 and am up to $11.25 or something in about 20mins on the 1-2 plo tables as anyone with a pair was calling to the river even with a flush on board. I don't know how the Holdem games are as I didn't try but I would guess they are also soft.
  • Ive been trying to figure out where to play as well...I like FT interface the best. Party keeps sending me free money every few months, but i hate their interface + low low traffice, ive never had to wait half an hour to get a full table for a $5 sng lol, what a joke...only a couple thousand players at anytime max, and i dont know what theyre playing because i dont ever see them..

Im not a fan of the PStars website, plus I keep hearing rumblings of people withdrawing funds in anticipation of a similar crackdown like that of FT.

In terms of highest traffic and best interface...any suggestions??

I have been looking at 888 and bwin at the moment
  • Anton81 wrote: »
    Ive been trying to figure out where to play as well...I like FT interface the best. Party keeps sending me free money every few months, but i hate their interface + low low traffice, ive never had to wait half an hour to get a full table for a $5 sng lol, what a joke...only a couple thousand players at anytime max, and i dont know what theyre playing because i dont ever see them..

Im not a fan of the PStars website, plus I keep hearing rumblings of people withdrawing funds in anticipation of a similar crackdown like that of FT.

In terms of highest traffic and best interface...any suggestions??

I have been looking at 888 and bwin at the moment

Where did you hear that?
  • Sorry jd, my bad i should clarified, when I refer to rumblings I meant other players I've been chatting with at the local poker rooms who have been expressing concern as well as few friends who play regularly online. Didnt mean to make it sound like news source had cracked a story about such speculations :)
  • I first used partypoker, and when I couldn't get my money out without paying a fee, I found Titan Poker. I think it's the best. It's legit, safe and secure. I won a $55000 jackpot in March, it took a little bit of time to clear and confirm my i.d. on a withdraw of that size, but it didn't cost anything and withdraws under $10 000.00 there is no issues. Best Jackpot Sit n' Go's of any site.
  • Just using up the last of my free money on party and have noticed a HUGE spike in traffic, wow, these other sites are benefiting handsomely from this FT shut-down!
  • Anyone know where there are 18 man sng's? Besides stars of course.
  • Bodog is not bad. And I've been on 888.
  • Icedog wrote: »
    Bodog is not bad. And I've been on 888.

anyone else use bodog?
  • Titan Poker For sure. It's awesome, easy to cash out. Good tournaments, best sit n' go tournaments of any site. I won one in March, I had to send some information to withdraw over $10 000.00 but once everythign was cleared I got everything right away. It's safe and secure.
  • djkwil wrote: »
    Titan Poker For sure. It's awesome, easy to cash out. Good tournaments, best sit n' go tournaments of any site. I won one in March, I had to send some information to withdraw over $10 000.00 but once everythign was cleared I got everything right away. It's safe and secure.

While I agree tourney's on Titan seem very soft, they are filled with landmines at the $5 to $10 range, and I never see any MTT's for higher buyins...EVER!! The micro and low stake tourneys are few and far between, but if you can dodge the donkfests in the early round, easy enough to cash in, but the fields are small and the payouts VERY top heavy. If you can't make the final table regular, its a tough grind.

Cash games are much softer than P* or FT were, at least up to the NL25 level. Again, no traffic to really speak of though, but that may be due to them catering more to the European market.

Edit...figured out why I never see med to high buyin mtts...damn filters!
  • Whoa hold the boat!, was looking around titan and they have 10+2--->yuck extra rake......... 18 man stt's, you have to win 4 in a 14 day period and you get 50k?

Time for a bap!;)
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Whoa hold the boat!, was looking around titan and they have 10+2--->yuck extra rake......... 18 man stt's, you have to win 4 in a 14 day period and you get 50k?

Time for a bap!;)

whoa! is this true?

EDIT: ah, 4 consecutive.
  • trigs wrote: »
    whoa! is this true?

That's what it said when I clicked on that game in the lobby, what other rules their are I don't know and I am sure their is a catch somewhere,lol

1 catch is you probably have to wait 14 day's before enough register for 1 game,lolololol Zing!:D
  • trigs wrote: »
    whoa! is this true?

EDIT: ah, 4 consecutive.

Ah there it is, I thought I saw only 4 in a 14 day period and got excited, while still hard to do it is more possible than 4 consecutive,lol.
  • Depends how big your bankroll is but I currently ONLY play at Betfair... I can't see why anyone would play elsewhere. Sure Ongame could use a few improvements here and there, but in terms of safety, Betfair is #1 and its not even close.
  • gags wrote: »
    Betfair is #1 and its not even close.
    What do you base that on?
  • For one, Betfair has never touched a US player and have always played by the rules - and since the company floated on the London Stock Exchange in 2010, they are as transparent as ever. Betfair customers’ money are what they call 'ring fenced' - which means that it is kept completely separate from Betfair’s other business accounts...

I know most people are concerned with software/interface and yeah, FTP & PS are better than anyone else for this.. I actually liked UB better than PS - but after the UB scandal and now with Black Friday/Wednesday - there is absolutely no way i'm keeping the majority of my roll anywhere but Betfair. I'm also pretty dam sure that Ongame will see an opportunity here to really improve..they've already done significant strides over the years.

The other reason i like Betfair is the fairly large number of sports bettors that dabble in poker :)
  • I'm not much of a sports bettor, but I'd lay 10:1 that "gags" does exactly that to keep his job at Betfair :)
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    I'm not much of a sports bettor, but I'd lay 10:1 that "gags" does exactly that to keep his job at Betfair :)

Yeah..i know it sounds like I work at Betfair, but sadly, i grind it out like everyone else...