Is online poker really worth it?

2»

Comments

• Bump, lets all answer again with today's news in mind....
  • jontm wrote: »
    Bump, lets all answer again with today's news in mind....

Wetts is right on all accounts: it depends on the person and the situation, Vekked is sick both in mind and action, Philli is a troll that should quit trying to make every thread about himself and his own delusions of how good he is at poker when he's actually quite awful and too emotional to be even passibly good, I'm ridiculously good looking and playing poker should be at all times fun.

I win :)
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Wetts is right on all accounts: it depends on the person and the situation, Vekked is sick both in mind and action, Philli is a troll that should quit trying to make every thread about himself and his own delusions of how good he is at poker when he's actually quite awful and too emotional to be even passibly good, I'm ridiculous, and playing poker should be at all times fun.

Fixed it for you, Cerb . . .
  • I'm ridiculous AND ridiculously good looking. I just figured the ridiculous part was unspoken and obvious :)
  • I think online poker is worth it for me, I've gone to hell and back to learn to control it though. Frequent late nights = not good, anxiety = not good, addiction = not good, emotional involvement = not good...

It's hard, there's no question about it. Anyone can learn to eek out a 15% roi if they're intelligent. Making poker work with the rest of your life, that's the tricky part imo
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I think online poker is worth it for me, I've gone to hell and back to learn to control it though. Frequent late nights = not good, anxiety = not good, addiction = not good, emotional involvement = not good...

It's hard, there's no question about it. Anyone can learn to eek out a 15% roi if they're intelligent. Making poker work with the rest of your life, that's the tricky part imo

These are the tricky parts for me. I don't ever intend to pursue this game full time (unless something ridiculous happened and I binked an ME..lol..then I could invest and work with it) but I do enjoy the benefits of making some extra loot here and there at the cash tables and enjoy playing and cashing the mtts online. I do find it sometimes trying to over ride my life though, wanting to play when I should be doing yard work, playing with kids, enjoying the day outside..etc.
    I am always striving to learn the game more, but also (trying to) keeping in perspective that it must remain a hobby and there is life outside the monitor..

All of the above, and the original question...I think it has been said well enough that it is definitely worth it if you can keep it at the hobby/pastime/recreational level and don't let it interfere with real life...but rather add to it. (unless of course, as has also been stated, you are a sicko.)