Poker/Walk for Breast Cancer

My wife Anita will be walking in The Weekend to End Women's Cancers benefiting The Princess Maragaret Hospital. This tournament is to help support her and the walk.

Saturday June 25, 2011 at 1:00pm

$100 buy in for 8000 starting chips (all goes into the prize pool)
$20 option for an extra 2000 chips (goes towards breast cancer)
Blind Structure will follow that of The WSOP Main Event and be 30mins in length.
Rebuy - $40 for 10k chips if you bust in the first 4 levels
Location - Bolton

my wife will be making a buffet dinner for all the players

Anita - On September 10th & 11th I am walking 60km in the Weekend to End Women's Cancers benefiting The Princess Maragaret Hospital. I am honoured to be walking with a friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago. She and I are the same age and our daughters were born only months apart. Her diagnosis was a sobering reminder to me that it could happen to anyone, including myself.
I want to contribute to a brighter future, where fewer women are diagnosed with breast cancer, and to improve the survival rates for those who are. I have committed to raising at least $2,000, but would love to exceed this, with your help. According to the National Cancer Institute of Canada, approximately 20,500 Canadian women will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and about 5,400 will die from the disease. Additionally, over 8,000 Canadian women will be diagnosed with ovarian, cervical, or uterine cancer this year, and nearly 3,000 will die from one of these diseases.
On September 10 & 11 I will be walking for my 2 daughters, my mom, my sister-in-laws, my nieces & my friends. And the best thing of all, I will be walking with my friend.
Thank you in advance for your generosity!
Anita

REMEMBER WE ALL HAVE AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING IF NOT MORE....WIFE, MOTHER, GRANDMOTHER, SISTER, SISTER IN-LAW, NEICE, GIRLFRIEND
Hopefully you can play,

If you are interested in playing please post in this thread or go to the following website http://www.orangevillepokertour.com/events/20346551/

1. Crazykoby
2. Stevekerr
3. AJ
4. Ted
5. Anna
6. Leigh
7. Vern
8. Brock
9. Chris Williams
10. IronMike
11. Mcflip73
12. Errol
13. Errol +1
14. Brent Mac Cormack
15. Brent Bidan
16. Derek Danforth
17. Derek Danforth +1
18. Frank Duplessis
19. Kevin
20. Don Gardiner
21. Kris Bain
22. Chris Wasyluk
23. Bill Matheson
24. Calvin Lockyer
25. Valentina Jackson
26. Jacob
27. Philip Einboden
28. Ron Strong
29. Dave
30. Alan Claridge
31. Kevin Clark
32. Prophet22
33. Wetts
34. Asxn557
35. Kirk (Pudge)
36. Jeff
37. Matt Sheppard
38. Mark Martin

Comments

• pretty sure I can make this but need warden's approval.

tentative for now..., will confirm by EOW latest.

Thx, MC
  • Where do rebuy dollas go? cause I'll likely be doing alot of that. In.
  • Sounds like a great event! I'll be there if I can make it so throw a T beside my name and I'll confirm when I know for sure.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Where do rebuy dollas go? cause I'll likely be doing alot of that. In.

I was thinking that i would split the rebuys 50/50 half to the prize pool half to Charity. I know that i won't make much of a difference either way, but a nice way to raise a few more bucks for the cause.
  • Weather permitting i might even hold this game outside on my patio
  • MCflip73 wrote: »
    pretty sure I can make this but need warden's approval.

tentative for now..., will confirm by EOW latest.

Thx, MC

Just let the warden know that you are doing this for her :)
  • OK, i'm going to sweeten the pot a little here. I'm going to be including a pair of Blue Jay tickets to the winner of this event. These seats will be part of the prize pool and can be used to work a deal any way the players agree.

these are my company season tickets. They are not just any seat, these are Club VIP seats, Captain Chair Bar Stools behind home plate. They have a value of $150.00. I guarantee you that these are the best seats in the house. This is how Rogers Centre describes the seats..

hsbc_club_vip_430x23.jpg
    • Most unique members-only club in Toronto
    • Unparalleled amenities delivered by an exceptional staff
    • Cutting-edge design by a prestigious Toronto firm
    • Our members-only seating area, restaurant and bar
    • Located directly behind home plate on the 200 Level
    • Best sightlines in Rogers Centre; panoramic views of the entire field
    • Adjacent to the HSBC Club VIP concourse (restaurant, bar, wine lounge)
    • In-seat service available, with more than six new items added to last year's selection
    Blue Jays vs. Angels
    Wed. Sept. 21, 2011
    7:07pm start time

Here is the catch, these seats will only be thrown into the pot if i reach 20 players or more. So if you are interested please sign up ASAP
  • Tentative please
  • I just realized that this is on Amanda's birthday weekend and she already has a party planned for the Saturday. I want to come out but won't be able to. Hope you raise a lot of money for Anita!
  • I just realized that this is on Amanda's birthday weekend and she already has a party planned for the Saturday. I want to come out but won't be able to. Hope you raise a lot of money for Anita!

thanks Dan,

Sorry you can't make it.
  • up to 13 players already, it's looking like we should hit the 20+ players no problem. Even if you are tentative for now please feel free to sign up, i'll put a T by your name and when you know for sure i'll change. If i go over 30 players i'll starting a waiting list.
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    Just let the warden know that you are doing this for her :)

Greg..., u can take that T off my name now.

See y'all on the 25th.
  • Birthday party in Whitby tomorrow, wish I could.

Dad died because of cancer, good luck!

Rod
  • HotRod004 wrote: »
    Birthday party in Whitby tomorrow, wish I could.

Dad died because of cancer, good luck!

Rod

Hey Rod the game is not until the end of the month on the 25th
  • boobies are good. Please put me down with a (T). Just finished moving and have been scatterbrained so I have no idea what's going on in the coming weeks but I will def repost asap if I cannot make it
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    Hey Rod the game is not until the end of the month on the 25th

I'll be alright! lol

I will wait till next week when its closer to the date before signing up.

Might not have money coming in, I'm a postie!
  • List is growing, up to 17 players
  • I've had some players let me know that they are unable to make the game but would still like to make a donation. For those who have expressed an interest in donating to my Wifes cause, here is a link to her website where you can make a direct donation to her.

The Weekend to End Women's Cancers:

Thank you
  • Up to 19 players
  • OK guys, time to sweeten the pot a little more.

Streetsville Glen Golf Course has generously donated a round of golf for two including cart. Valued at roughly $80. I'm going to give this prize to the first person who bust out of the tourney.

If you rebuy back in then you are not out. You must be the first person to walk away from the game
  • 21 seats taken, 9 seats left.

Time to sweeten the pot a little bit more.

High hand of the tournament will win a Team Canada Hockey Jersey
  • 7 seats left, still more prizes to be added!
  • Still sitting at 23 players, i guess you guys need me to sweeten the pot some more.

2nd place in the tournment will win a round of golf for two at Hockley Valley Golf Course. Valued at $150

Just to recap the prizes that have already been added.

1st. place wins cash + Blue Jay tickets
    2nd. place wins cash + Round of Golf at Hockley Valley Golf Course
    3rd. place wins cash + Still to be announced
    4th. place wins cash + Still to be announced
    1st out of the tournament wins - Round of Golf at Streetsville Glen Golf Course
    High Hand of Tournament wins - Team Canada Hockey Jersey
    1st Player to bust out of the final table wins - Pro Plus Putter and 2 dozen brand new CB1 Callaway Golf Balls
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    Still sitting at 23 players, i guess you guys need me to sweeten the pot some more.

2nd place in the tournment will win a round of golf for two at Hockley Valley Golf Course including Cart. Valued at $150

Just to recap the prizes that have already been added.

2nd. place wins cash + Hockley Valley Golf Course
    QUOTE]

Wow, I want to finish 2nd, you can have the Jays Tickets, I'm pretty sure an entire golf course is worth more.

Oh and I am in. Will need directions.
  • OK, so i'm feeling really generous today so i'm going to add yet another prize to this already fantastic tournament.

1st player to bust out of the final table will win a brand New Pro Plus Putter and 2 dozen brand new CB1 Callaway Golf Balls
  • 29 Players, one seat left.
  • Did you hear??

THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP!!!!
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Did you hear??

THE BRUINS WIN THE CUP!!!!

Quit spamming the forum with your trash.... Next you'll be claiming the Leafs are the longest serving team without a cup... oh wait... they were before and still are...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Quit spamming the forum with your trash....

HEY! Don't make me hunt you down old man! This is MY day to give it to the haters!!!

What can you do?? Ban me??? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    <ohwait...shit>
  • Unfortunately for the better players than me (all of you), I will not be able make your chipstacks larger. In other words, I must pull out of this game, damn! Good luck everyone!!