I blame......

....both The Mole and HVEE for the collapse of the Habs and Canucks.

Stop posting about them! You're bringing on the jinx!!!!

Comments

• JohnnieH wrote: »

WAT?:confused: Blame the DOJ. Let's kick UB/AP in their too.

All my fault, sorry guys. Canadian teams are 5-0 on days I don't work and now 0-4 on the ones I do. If the Habs can pull off the win Saturday I will have to take Tuesday off ;)
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    All my fault, sorry guys. Canadian teams are 5-0 on days I don't work and now 0-4 on the ones I do. If the Habs can pull off the win Saturday I will have to take Tuesday off ;)

What would you rather have? Another Cup for the Habs or full time employment?
  • Funny story along Pinheads reasoning. Many years ago, when the Leafs were actually in the playoffs (you can look it up in a good History text). My buddy Donnie and I could not watch games together, or the Leafs would lose. They are playing Detroit in a game 7 (think Nik Borchevsky), and it happens to fall on the night of his stag. We sat at opposite ends of the bar until the game ended, so I like to credit the "ladies" for breaking the hex. Donnie was too busy crediting the "ladies" for their other gifts . . .

I should have enough vacation days to be able to guide them through the required games, or I'll just have to hope for weekend doubleheaders ;)

Another Cup for the Habs. Obviously.
  • kwsteve wrote: »
    Another Cup for the Habs. Obviously.

Sorry Bud , Habs are now officially on UBER PHENOMINAL TILT
    Montrealers are now getting their old wine bottles and since gas is 1.40 per liter are looking into cheaper flammable products for their molotov cocktails .
  • woooooooohooooooooooooooo Boston!

Party time!!!!:wink2::wink2::wink2:

Now all you frenchies go tear up your city with riots. ***rolls eyes***

Even though there fans are prob no better, I will cheer for Vancouver, cause one Darb is from there and he is just so adorable. :p
  • philliivey wrote: »
    woooooooohooooooooooooooo Boston!

Party time!!!!:wink2::wink2::wink2:

Now all you frenchies go tear up your city with riots. ***rolls eyes***

Even though there fans are prob no better, I will cheer for Vancouver, cause one Darb is from there and he is just so adorable. :p

Nice time to show up and make your first post on the subject......I thought maggots usually waited a few days for the meat to "season" before digging in.

Enjoy the Canucks bandwagon, I hear it's filling up fast. :rolleyes:
  • Three of seven games go to OT

No game was more than two goals

Price with a sparkly .9xx save % (including a shutout)

= Great series, Montreal has a great team, and nobody can say Price isn't a solid goalie - it's a crime that he's not in the running for Vezina.

Mark
  • Actually Montreal has a pretty average team that just plays hard, I hope they actually bring in some talent next year to support the future Vezina and Norris trophy winners. Get Markov back and get rid of their backline tools in Hamrlik, Spacek and Gill. Up front Gomez has to go, and please get a couple more players over 6ft please.
  • Most teams in the playoffs are average.

Montreal needs a coach with some personality and KAHONAS.
    Get rid of Kostitsyn and a few other lame ducks.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    I'm no Montreal fan but this is just WRONG.... This is a team that may be a little thin on talent but for sure plays hard.. Gotta give a coach like that kudos.... Look HVEE, you are great at tearing teams apart ( negative) but why don't you try suggesting ways to improve (positive), like in this instance suggest what available coach would be better. Almost all of your posts are similar, always negative, rarely positive, Why not try it the other way around for a while?
  • I have no issue with people jumping on the Canucks bandwagon. It's usually so lonely for me.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Great series, Montreal has a great team, and nobody can say Price isn't a solid goalie - it's a crime that he's not in the running for Vezina.
    It WAS a great series, and its really too bad one of those two teams had to finish their season so early. As much as I love a Habs/Bruins playoff series, I just wish it weren't first round. Far as I'm concerned, this should have been the conference final.
    HVEEPOKER wrote: »

Seriously? I thought he did a great job personally. His team put up one HELL of a struggle, right to the end, and there really wasn't a single game that was a 'blowout'...every game was a true nail biter right to the end.

Kudos to the Habs (I don't say that lightly either). It was one HELL of a series.
  • I did it on another message board but I'm not sure I did here so I will again say congrats to Boston on a great comeback and win of the series. Before the series I really didn't expect a Habs victory but with stealing the first 2 in Boston hopes were high. Great job by Tim Thomas for getting them through games 3 and 4. Price played very well but IMO did not "steal" a game like Thomas did.

Funny though I really expected Lucic to be a bigger factor and really the determining factor in the series. I was quite pleased (and shocked) how they shut him down, but it wasn't quite enough. I think maybe his frustration played a part in the stupid hit on Spacek.....at least I hope so. Lucic and Marchand are both cordially invited to die in a grease fire before next season......but good on them.

Last thing, as a true Canadiens fan I will watch with great interest the rest of the playoffs, though not root for any team in particular, but rather for good entertaining hockey. I'll leave the vindictiveness to the Leaf playoff wannabee fans.
  • Comp: I was being constructive. I tipped my hat to the Habs for taking this series to 7 games.
    I can write a hundred pages of stuff that is wrong with the Leafs and The NHL as a whole.
    I pretty much said that Jacques Martin is a LOUSY Coach. His track Record proves that.
    Ron Wilson is a lousy Coach? He has something Jacques Martin does Not. A STANLEY CUP RING. Coaches are only as good as they're players or team.

Montreal has to get rid of the deadwoods and build through the draft.
    Dale Tallon did this in Chicago. You can't blame the coach in Chicago for them losing. They were lucky to make the playoffs considering all of the injuries they had to deal with. Joel Quenville is a good coach .

Gm's can't give the coaches everything they need to be successful.
    The salary cap prevents that and your hands are tied.

Ron Wilson has not had a team since coming here. Brian Burke so far has cleaned up a massive mess left behind by JFjr. There is a big difference in each NHL city. Burke knows this. He's not stupid. Finally some draft picks coming and free agency on Jul1 may get a couple of players Wilson needs.
    Why is Lindy Ruff still the Coach In Buffalo?

The main reason coaches don't get fired. There is not enough of them to go around.
  • Really ? Coaches don't get fired ?? How long have you watched pro sports ? the saying goes that " Coaches are hired to get fired".

Hacing said that, really good coaches get the most out of the talent they have. If you believe that Montreal players are not talented, then the fact they pushed Boston to 7 games, kept each game close, must mean (A, they are more talented than you think of (B, the coach is awesome because he got the most out of average players.

On paper, this series should have ended in 5 games, Boston is that good and was for most of the season. I tip my hat to the Habs and the coach, for pushing Boston to the limit.
  • Yea...

A lot of lousy coaches stick around for 15 years, turn around the fortunes of an expansion team (and provide a winning record there) in just three years, not to mention get them to the playoffs, all while being nominated for Jack Adam's award three times, winning once. Let's not forget winning 600 regular season games in their career.

Fuck Hvee, is anything you've every said on here turned out to be right?

Mark

Mark

Well, Ron Wilson does have a Stanley Cup ring . . .

or not.
    Yea...

A lot of lousy coaches stick around for 15 years, turn around the fortunes of an expansion team (and provide a winning record there) in just three years, not to mention get them to the playoffs, all while being nominated for Jack Adam's award three times, winning once. Let's not forget winning 600 regular season games in their career.

Mark

Yea lot's of things have.
  • If every piss poor coach in the NHL was to get fired only 6 would be able to keep their jobs.
  • Can someone please tell me when exactly Ron Wilson won a cup? I've looked at several different sites and can find no record of it.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me when exactly Ron Wilson won a cup? I've looked at several different sites and can find no record of it.

He hasn't... He did make the finals with Washington about 12 years ago I think...
    Can someone please tell me when exactly Ron Wilson won a cup? I've looked at several different sites and can find no record of it.

I think you hit ANOTHER home run, Cerb!

Coaching record

Team Year Regular season Post season
    G W L T OTL Pts Finish Result
    Mighty Ducks of Anaheim 1993–94 84 33 46 5 - 71 4th in Pacific Missed playoffs
    1994–95 48 16 27 5 - 37 6th in Pacific Missed playoffs
    1995–96 82 35 39 8 - 78 4th in Pacific Missed playoffs
    1996–97 82 36 33 13 - 85 2nd in Pacific Lost in second round
    Washington Capitals 1997–98 82 40 30 12 - 92 3rd in Atlantic Lost in Cup Finals
    1998–99 82 31 45 6 - 68 4th in Southeast Missed playoffs
    1999–00 82 44 24 12 2 102 1st in Southeast Lost in first round
    2000–01 82 41 27 10 4 96 1st in Southeast Lost in first round
    2001–02 82 36 33 11 2 85 2nd in Southeast Missed playoffs
    San Jose Sharks 2002–03 57 19 25 7 6 73 5th in Pacific Missed playoffs
    2003–04 82 43 21 12 6 104 1st in Pacific Lost in Conf. Champ
    2005–06 82 44 27 - 11 99 2nd in Pacific Lost in second round
    2006–07 82 51 26 - 5 107 2nd in Pacific Lost in second round
    2007–08 82 49 23 - 10 108 1st in Pacific Lost in second round
    Toronto Maple Leafs 2008–09 82 34 35 - 13 81 5th in Northeast Missed playoffs
    2009–10 82 30 38 - 14 74 5th in Northeast Missed playoffs
    2010–11 82 37 34 - 11 85 4th in Northeast Missed playoffs
  • Sorry. I thought he was the coach of Anaheim when they won. My mistake.

Anyway, Just to add to this discussion. you can ask why coaches do not get fired that often.

Economics not that hard to figure out.
    Coaches are usually given an average of 3 yrs to do what is expected of them. Win. Not necessarily a championship but get the team into the play offs. Generally the coaches are paid 500k and up.
    Lets use Dallas as an example of what I am trying to say.

The stars are in trouble financially and the team AFAIK are still up for sale.
    Dallas hires Marc Crawford at 1 mil a year for 3 years. he has a good record for coaching winning teams and has won a Stanley Cup.
    Dallas has struggled finishing near the bottom of the standings and need play off revenue within 2 yrs. Owners are very much involved as they know what kind of money is involved.
    Yr 1 Dallas misses the play offs, The GM comes to him and asks him what he needs to get back to the post season. Crawford say I need a top 10 forward and Dman.
    Cap is 56 mil. League min is 42 mil. This is what teams have to spend on player salaries. Lets just say that Dallas has a payroll of 48 mil and they are struggling to pay it. They grab 2 players UFA's now they are shelling out 52 mil and are beyond what their budget is allowing.
    Next season Dallas just misses the play offs and they fire crawford and still have to pay him 1 mil. They hire Mike Keenan at 2 mil now they are paying 3 mil for their coach.
    You can pretty much divide the League into 3 parts.
    Bottom feeders who are in cities that they really have no business being there. No support, lousy ticket sales and really ugly uniforms. Phoenix being the best example.
    Middle of the road. Teams that can sustain themselves in the markets they are in.
    Elite. The elite teams 5 Canadian and 4 US based original 6 Det, NYR, Chi,
    Bos. If it were not for them shelling out x amount of $$$$$ (WELFARE PAYMENTS) to the bottom of the league, " And it has been this way since the salary cap" The NHL would be a 20 team league again.

It's not that easy to just fire a head coach when you have to pay a new one along with eating the rest of the previous coaches salary.

You still think I know fuck all.

The leafs as much as I love them have screwed themselves over so many times it is not funny.
    Harold Ballard: Big time DOUCHE BAG Steve Stavros was a great owner.
    The leafs were their most successful on the ice during his ownership. Pat Quinn did an excellent job putting together a competitive team.
    Ontario Teachers Pension Fund, Made tons of money but have failed as owners.

They are not the only team who has made silly mistakes.
    NJ Devils gave Ilya Kovalchuk a massive contract. WTF has he done.
    They got rid of Gomez and Gionta.

Montreal, Excellent getting Cammilerie. Not so good , Gomez and Gionta did nothing this play offs.

Thats all I am saying for now. Shit all over it as you will.
  • What's wrong with the Yotes' jersey's?
  • Who wants to be the ass to tell him there's 6 Canadian teams?

Guess that would be me :)
    Who wants to be the ass to tell him there's 6 Canadian teams?

Guess that would be me :)

1. Vancouver Sell out on a regular basis
    2. Calgary Sell out almost always
    3. Edmonton Not in elite class. Not even close 12000 avg
    4. Toronto No tickets available for the last 30 yrs
    5. Ottawa Even though they had a bad season
    6. Montreal sell out on a regular basis

Oilers are 1 of the teams getting welfare top ups.
    5 Canadian teams making money.
  • So no one is going to disagree with me.

I checked up on some stuff in the last couple of hours.

NY Islanders worst attendance in the NHL.
    Islanders and Oilers are the only 2 NHL teams left still playing in their original buildings.
    Avg Capacity in an NHL arena 18000
    Edm 16839 Nassau colliseum 11059 avg attendance.

You are going to ask: How can Edmonton be losing money?

Total Salaries $58,046,000 NHL CAP 59,400,000
    I am not privy to the following info.
    It cost shit loads of money to run a Professional Sports team. Even in a small market.

Exec Salaries . Coaches , trainers , On Call doctors, Arena Staff., Security
    Team Travel, Air, Bus , Meal stipends for players when on road trips, $150 per day I believe.
    Uniforms, replacement and cleaning, equipment , etc. Oilers also do not own their arena.

MLSE: Own Air Canada center Ricoh Colliseum BMO Field
    Toronto Maple Leafs - Toronto Raptors - Toronto FC Toronto Marlies and all of those massive high rise condos in Maple Leafs square.
    Leafs sell out at ridiculous prices, FC sells out ? I don't know why.
    Craptors are close .
    Leafs sell more merchandise world wide than any other team and they have a major tv contract with CBC and Leafs TV brings in a couple million per month.

Oilers have very little. They cannot raise prices or the seats will be empty.
    They do not have the holdings that MLSE has either.

You can bring in 80 mil but spend 100 mil on salaries and operations.