Pool rosters

Comments

• No I don't watch the games. I spend all of my time on 2+2.................
    BTW I am 3/4 picking the series winners regardless of how many games.

Chicago is playing better, Vancouver playing worse.
    Crawford has decided he is an NHL goalie.

I will not put another teams logo up if they lose either.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    No I don't watch the games. I spend all of my time on 2+2.................
    BTW I am 3/4 picking the series winners regardless of how many games.

Chicago is playing better, Vancouver playing worse.
    Crawford has decided he is an NHL goalie.

I will not put another teams logo up if they lose either.

3/4 is a remarkably impressive record when only 3 series have been completed. Also I wouldn't be bragging about the DET in 7 pick, that's the closest I've seen to anybody picking Phoenix...
  • HABS WIN!

Another great game in what has been the best series of a fantastic first round.

Lucic should be suspended for game 7 but it's the NHL so I doubt it.

PK and Carey putting on quite a show for guys that aren't good enough to play for the Leafs.
  • They have to win one more Mole.

I didn't agree with the 5 min major FYI.
    On the other hand Vancouver is leading 1-0 in the second and playing like the team we saw in the first 3 games.

PHILLY advances , Lindy (lol) Ruff . probably will still have a job tomorrow even though he failed miserably again this year.
    Another series winner picked by ME.

I didn't agree with the 5 min major FYI.

Shocking. :rolleyes:
  • Shocking. :rolleyes:
    Why? Up until recently this would be a legal check.

2 mins would have sufficed. I don't think Lucic had any intent to injure the Canadiens player.
    I have to tip my hat to Mr Price. he played well. Only thing is he has to learn to stand on his feet and seal the space between the post and himself.
    On his knees he left the gap and the whole top end of the net wide open.
    Result was Boston's goal.
    Why? Up until recently this would be a legal check.

2 mins would have sufficed. I don't think Lucic had any intent to injure the Canadiens player.
    I have to tip my hat to Mr Price. he played well. Only thing is he has to learn to stand on his feet and seal the space between the post and himself.
    On his knees he left the gap and the whole top end of the net wide open.
    Result was Boston's goal.

Bwahahahaha! You must have been one hell of a ref.

Gosh I hope Carey Price reads your tips before tomorrow night.....no way they could lose then!

BTW, what a finish to regulation in Vancouver. Toews just passed Bobby Ryan for goal of the playoffs. Sheer determination.
  • Alex burrows, you'r my hero

yeeee hawwwwwwwwwwww............................

What a shot what a goal ..........

Bye bye black hawks woooooooooooooooooooooot
  • Ummm hey ref. Is there not a rule against forwarding the puck with your hand to yourself?

I may be wrong, just wondering....cause Burrows clearly did.
  • To take anything away from Corey Crawford would be almost criminal IMO.
    he played great and kept the Hawks in the game all night.
    There was no way he was stopping that shot Burrows hammered into the top corner, Still a great game and one of the best I have seen all year.

West is now set. Detroit vs San Jose and Vancouver vs Nashville.
  • To take anything away from Corey Crawford would be almost criminal IMO.
    he played great and kept the Hawks in the game all night.
    There was no way he was stopping that shot Burrows hammered into the top corner, Still a great game and one of the best I have seen all year.

West is now set. Detroit vs San Jose and Vancouver vs Nashville.
  • Ummm hey ref. Is there not a rule against forwarding the puck with your hand to yourself?

I may be wrong, just wondering....cause Burrows clearly did.

Nah that is actually legal... Lucic hit was def not, and was correctly called on ice (as well as reports there will be no suspension, which I also agree with)

Bring on game 7!
  • AFter Tbay wins game 7 save time and just ship me the moniez.
  • 4/6 in my picks. PIT and TBY are not finished yet moose. Still a long way to go.
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    Nah that is actually legal... Lucic hit was def not, and was correctly called on ice (as well as reports there will be no suspension, which I also agree with)

Bring on game 7!

Lucic took 3 steps and his feet stayed on the ice. What's illegal about that?

That game misconduct means he sits the next game.
    The NHL is clamping down on these style of hits. They were not as bad a few years ago. Not much you can do when hammered into the boards. They should be calling the slashing a little more.
    Lucic took 3 steps and his feet stayed on the ice. What's illegal about that?

Really? Just because it wasn't charging doesn't mean it is a legal hit, he drilled him in the numbers head first into the glass.
    HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    The NHL is clamping down on these style of hits. They were not as bad a few years ago. Not much you can do when hammered into the boards.

Oh look, you answered your own question. The league is cracking down on hits where the other player has no chance to defend themselves.
    HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    That game misconduct means he sits the next game.

Not true, Chara got 5+GM for the Pacioretty hit and didn't miss the next game. I believe the only time the next game is automatic is when there is an instigator for a fight late in the game (last 5 min iirc) but even then the league can overturn this.
  • Pinhead wrote: »
    Really? Just because it wasn't charging doesn't mean it is a legal hit, he drilled him in the numbers head first into the glass.

Oh look, you answered your own question. The league is cracking down on hits where the other player has no chance to defend themselves.

Not true, Chara got 5+GM for the Pacioretty hit and didn't miss the next game. I believe the only time the next game is automatic is when there is an instigator for a fight late in the game (last 5 min iirc) but even then the league can overturn this.

5 min maj + game = automatic 1 game suspension. Colin Campbell will decide today if Lucic will serve more of a suspension.
    5 min maj + game = automatic 1 game suspension. Colin Campbell will decide today if Lucic will serve more of a suspension.

You continue to amaze with your wealth of hockey knowledge HVEE....:o
  • as per Nick Kypreos twitter

Lucic available for game 7 as he will not face further discipline from the NHL ragarding his major penalty on Canadiens Spacek.

Which means it is NOT an automatic one game. The game misconduct is for the game he got kicked out of
  • reibs wrote: »
    You continue to amaze with your wealth of hockey knowledge HVEE....:o

I guess the rule changed ???????? Basically I really don't give 2 crappolas right now.

I hear the Habs are booking tee times for tomorrow.
    Long plane ride back to Trudeau. or Mirabel.
    Dick Irvin on radio praising the 1947 Habs.

Horton Hoofs the Habs,,,,,,, You really should listen to me sometimes, I may be right.
    I am 6/8 on my picks. :)
  • 6/8 picking the winners; Series length not so good.

Here we go round 2.

Eastern Conference: Washington Capitals vs Tampa Bay Lightening.
    Capitals have had some rest after disposing of the Rangers in 5 Games.
    Lightening have a good team with speed skill and pop up front.
    Problem here is how long can Bolts goalie Roloson at 41 hold up.
    Washington is a higher skilled and faster team than Tampa.
    CAPS IN 6.
    BOY WAS I WAY OFF LOL

Philadelphia Flyers Boston Bruins.
    Flyers took 7 to beat Barffalo. Bruins 7 to take out the Habs.
    The Pronger factor weighs heavy on this series. Boston is a little ahead in the D department and obv the better goalie.
    Up front though Philly is stronger. This one is going to go 7 . Flip the coin .
    BRUINS IN 7 lOOKS LIKE A SWEEP HERE.

Western Conference: Vancouver Canucks Nashville Predators.
    Nucks in 6. They have to play every game like it was game 7. Look for the Sedin Brothers to reappear....
    nUCKS WIN GAME 4 IT'S PRETTY MUCH OVER

Detroit Red Wings San Jose Sharks.
    Simple fact here is Detroit is still a fore to be reckoned with.
    Heatly , Thornton Jinx will prevail here.
    WINGS IN 5
  • I am just going to pick who I want to win each series in round 2.

Lightning
    Bruins

Predators
    Wings
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    I am just going to pick who I want to win each series in round 2.

Lightning

X
    SteveKerr wrote: »
    Bruins
    check
    Predators
    X
    Wings
    check
    (although this goes against the CPF pool, my big pool needs the Wings in a big way)
  • ill pick my winners.
    Lightning
    Bruins
    Vancouver
    Sharks

HVEE - wings in 5? really!!??
  • ill pick my winners.
    Lightning
    Bruins
    Vancouver
    Sharks

HVEE - wings in 5? really!!??

Figure out the difference between LA and Detroit.
    San Jose is nowhere near as deep at the Wings.
    They may have a chance if their first line starts scoring. It's the supporting cast on that team that will let them down. Always has been.
  • Boy after so many 7 game series in the first round, I was really looking forward to some close matchups in round 2 but everyone is getting wallpapered.

Of course, I continue to cruise to victory.

:wav:
  • Guess the Caps ate too many Cherries ... lol
  • No predictions for Tampa Bay-Boston and San Jose-Vancouver HVEE? Your picks and the resulting onslaught of wrath that they cause, have given me great enjoyment. Please don't let me down by giving up on this now.
  • Hate to say it.....but I'll be cheering for the Nucks this round.....it's a sad day....damn pools
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    No predictions for Tampa Bay-Boston and San Jose-Vancouver HVEE? Your picks and the resulting onslaught of wrath that they cause, have given me great enjoyment. Please don't let me down by giving up on this now.

Van and Boston like I said with the Nucks hoisting the cup.