Summer Liveaments

Comments

• very well done jake, put that one behind you and focus on the next one. You going to wsop at all?
  • Well said jon. Nah I didn't stack gavin, didn't get to play with him at all this tourney. Would've been a nice flip to win for sure, I had a pretty good seat and I didn't feel many people would be giving me that hard of a time except for a couple (Pascal being one). I played with Pascal most of day 1 and about half of day 2. He was very aggressive and saw so few showdowns that even after playing with him for maybe 10-12 hours I didn't have a very good read on any of his tendencies. He put me in a couple of tough spots since he was button when I was BB on day 1 and he was opening every button so I played a couple pots OOP and don't think I won any of them, or saw what he had in any of them, lol.

I'd def go back and play it again, thought it was well organized, the structure was really good, and the field was reasonably soft up until final 2 tables where the avg age dropped below 30.

betr - nah, no WSOP for me I don't think unless I bink a scoop or 2, haha
  • well if you change your mind and decide to go let me know, Id be willing to buy a good piece off you :D haha.
  • well if you change your mind and decide to go let me know, Id be willing to buy a good piece off you :D haha.

this obv....
  • Bump for upcoming canadian liveaments over ~1500 buyin? Or over 1k in Ontario?
  • The 750 just in case:

The next event on the schedule for this Ontario venue is a $750+$75 Deep Stack No Limit Hold’em with 15,000 starting chips, to be held on June 8th. Once again the field cap is set at 110 players, so those interested might want to save their seats. Some of our Poker Forum Canada - Canadian Poker Sites Online members have done quite well in GBH events over the years; look for more familiar names in the June events or the $1000+$100 Summer Classic scheduled for July 13th.
    (Great Blue Heron)
  • Ah yes, def considering playing that.
  • any word of anything big coming up in canada? I keep hearing rumors that brantford is going to start having big tournies, anyone have info on this? 1 time for that please
  • Vekked wrote: »
    any word of anything big coming up in canada? I keep hearing rumors that brantford is going to start having big tournies, anyone have info on this? 1 time for that please

They run quarterly 400's, afaik thats as big as it gets. gbh 1k on the 13th and yellowhead end of month, will be at all 3.
  • Playground is having a $500 end of month. stampede classic at Deerfoot runs sats for 2 weeks, or you can buy in for 1100 on 18th of july here is info and results from last year:
    http://www.pokerforum.ca/f7/stampede-classic-go-rounds-july-9th-18th-22906/
    GBH has an $1100 scheduled for 13th looks like.

Best bet, join Dennis, Wetts, and T8Urmoney at Klondike series
  • And of course the BCPC in November, which to my understanding, will have a 5k high roller event added this year.
    I keep hearing rumors that brantford is going to start having big tournies...
    1 time for that please
    +1. A Brantford poker manager had told me the previous $1K-$2K tournament series are supposed to return, but I'm still waiting! :( The biggest buy-in currently scheduled by Brantford is only $225. It looks like I will have to wait until the Fallsview Poker Classic.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    And of course the BCPC in November, which to my understanding, will have a 5k high roller event added this year.

Please god, please.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    They run quarterly 400's, <acronym title="As far as I know">afaik</acronym> thats as big as it gets. gbh 1k on the 13th and yellowhead end of month, will be at all 3.

Def going to the GBH 1k as well.

Wish there were more 2k+ tournies in Canada, it's hard to justify travel + accommodations for tournies that are no bigger than what I regularly play online even if they're way softer.
    Def going to the GBH 1k as well.

Just regged for this, they gotz bout 30 right now. Im guessing about 90
  • Lets see if we can't help to cap those prizepools for you...

Back In Canada, “Juicy” July Medium Limit Events In Alberta, Ontario & Quebec
  • That tournament in Montreal looks good. Anyone ever play there? I may make the trip out.
  • Aug 11-21
    8 events over 11 days in Calgary.
    Go to 2011 Canadian Open Poker Championships for discounts on hotel and airfare.

SUPER SATELLITE
    Thursday Aug 11th, 7pm
    $200 [$180+$20] 1 DAY NLH
    Seats to event #1,#4,#5 & #6 [330+220+550+550 = $1650]
    OR a seat to the MAIN EVENT #7 [$1650] for every 10 players

EVENT #1
    Thursday Aug 11th, 12th, 13th 12pm
    $330 [$300+$30] 4 Day NLH
    STARTING CHIPS 10,000 | BLINDS 30 Minutes
    3 STARTING DAYS | 10% FROM EACH DAT GO TO FINALS ON SUNDAY AUGUST 14th

EVENT #2 MEGA STACK
    Sunday August 14th, 2pm
    $450 [$400+$50] 2 DAY NHL
    Starting Chips: 15,000 | BLINDS 40 minutes

EVENT #3 HEADS UP CHAMPIONSHIP
    Monday Aug 15-18th 12pm
    $2000 [$1800 + $200] 4 DAY HEADS UP NLH
    Max 128 Players| Best 2 out of 3 Matches
    Starting chips: 10,000 chips each round

EVENT #4
    Tuesday Aug 16th, 2pm
    $220 [$200+$20] 1 DAY TRIPLE CHANCE NLH
    Play 3 stacks of 2500 chips | BLINDS 20 Minutes

EVENT #5
    Wednesday August 17th, 2pm
    $550 [$500+50] 1 DAY POT LIMIT OMAHA
    Starting chips 10,000 | BLINDS 40 Minutes

EVENT #6
    Friday August 19th, 12pm
    $550 [$500+50] 1 DAY NLH
    Starting chips: 10,000 | BLINDS 30 Minutes

SATELLITE
    Friday August 19th, 7pm
    $200 [$180+$20] 1 DAY NLH
    SEAT TO MAIN EVENT #7 [$1650]
    For every 10 Players

EVENT #7 MAIN EVENT
    Saturday Aug 20 -21st, 12pm
    $1650 [$1500+$150] 2 Day NLH
    Starting Chips 12,500 | BLINDS 45 Minutes
    14 LEVELS WILL BE PLAYED THEN CONTINUED ON DAY 2

EVENT #8 DEERFOOT SUNDAYS
    Sunday Aug 21, 2pm
    $170 [$151+19]
    Starting chips 10,000 | BLINDS 30 Minutes
  • just found out im off and have a ride...just need the roll and im in...
  • Has already been discussed, horrible sched for anybody thinking about flying.
  • This looks like a decent series for those living in the east wanting similar buy-ins to the August events in Calgary ^^^
  • Also Borgata to replace the $1650:

$300,000 GUARANTEED DEEP STACK DOUBLE PLAY
    $1500 + $150 No Limit Hold'em
    August 7-10, 2011
    in Poker Room
    Day 1A: Sunday, August 7 - 11AM
    Day 1B: Monday, August 8 - 11AM
    Day 2: Tuesday, August 9 - 12PM
    Day 3: Wednesday, August 10 - 12PM

General Rules

· Players will start with 30,000 in tournament chips.

· On-Site Registration for this event will be held in the Poker Room:

o For Day 1A (Sunday, August 7) Registration: beginning Saturday, August 6 from 6PM until midnight. Registration resumes Sunday, August 7 from 9AM until the end of Level 4

o For Day 1B (Monday, August 8) Registration: beginning Saturday, August 6 from 6PM until midnight. Registration resumes Sunday, August 7 from 9AM until 10PM; and on Monday, August 8 from 9AM until the end of Level 4

o PLAYERS MAY REGISTER FOR DAY 1A OR DAY 1B. IF PLAYER REGISTERED FOR DAY 1A AND HAS BEEN ELIMINATED FROM TOURNAMENT, PLAYER MAY REGISTER FOR DAY 1B (NO REFUNDS).

· Alternates and late sign-ups may be allowed to enter during the first four (4) Levels. Late sign-ups that require a new stack of chips to be placed on a table will have the equivalent of the small blind extracted from the stack every twenty (20) minutes the tournament has elapsed.

· Day 1A: Starts at 11AM. Each Level will last sixty (60) minutes. Day 1A will end after Level 14.

· Day 1B: Starts at 11AM. Each Level will last sixty (60) minutes. Day 1B will end after Level 14.

· Day 2: Starts at 12PM. Each Level will last seventy-five (75) minutes. Day 2 will end when eighteen (18) players remain or at discretion of Tournament Director.

· Day 3: Starts at 12PM. Each Level will last seventy-five (75) minutes. Day 3 will play until completion

Sat/qualifier Saturday/Sunday Aug 6th and 7th (2 events)

$300,000 guaranteed DEEP STACK double play QUALIFIER
    $330 bUY-iN + $50 eNTRY
    1. Players receive 15,000 in tournament chips.
    2. Alternates will be taken during the first 2 Levels. Late sign-ups that require a new stack of chips to be placed on a table will have the equivalent of the small blind extracted from the stack every 20 minutes the tournament has elapsed.
    3. On-Site Registration for this event will be held in the Poker Room. Registration begins two hours prior to each scheduled event and lasts until the end of Level 2 of each event.
    4. Levels will last 25 minutes in length.
    5. Ten (10) minute break after Levels 3, 6, and 10.
    6. Approximately one (1) out of every five (5) players will win a $1,650 entry to play in the $300,000 GUARANTEED DEEP STACK DOUBLE PLAY NO LIMIT HOLD'EM POKER TOURNAMENT (August 7-10, 2011) in the Poker Room. Entries are non-transferable, non-refundable, and non-negotiable.
  • That tournament in Montreal looks good. Anyone ever play there? I may make the trip out.

SteveKerr and Vekked could give you TR. I've been to Playground but it was brief and I just stopped in to eat, didn't play.
  • jontm wrote: »
    20110925_fallclassic(1).jpg

Problem with Seneca is the 30% withholding on ANY tournament or satellite winnings.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Problem with Seneca is the 30% withholding on ANY tournament or satellite winnings.

Actually, since the debacle that Buddy and I were involved in a couple years ago they no longer tax satellite wins.

However, they are now MUST PLAY, and you cannot sell a tournament entry.
  • Here is a condensed schedule with options for the mass PFC eastern majority:

August-September $225-$1650 Poker Tournaments Within 1 Hour to 1 Day Drive of Toronto and Montreal
  • 54 players after reg closed for first day of $300 COPC Event #1 according to Room.
    Nothing but net?
  • jontm wrote: »
    54 players after reg closed for first day of $300 COPC Event #1 according to Room.
    Nothing but net?

LOL. Live and learn I guess.
  • So it works out much better.

Deerfoot says:

We paid 16 packages of $1650. 17th $1000. 18th $800. 19th $507.