Poker Tourney @ York U Sun 23rd

2»

Comments

• hey tilter....i was reading your post and then i was like... wait a minute...i remember that. i was the guy who took you out with 10 9, lol, and i remember when she flopped trips=dirty! haha.
    overall it was better than i honestly thought it would be, good turnout (round 90 ppl) and the ppl worked hard to make it a good low buy-in event....i'll be curious to see what their future events will be like.
    finished like 27/28 out of 90 or whatever, horrible bluff guy called with jackshit, but was better than my jackshit..ah well
  • Actually, we ended at 12:30. Winner got $1350 and 2nd took just under $1000.

I am going to do some larger stakes freezouts next. $50 or $60. Same idea though. I am glad you thought it went well.

And the trip queens lost to a flush, not a boat :)
  • Yorkpoker wrote:
    Actually, we ended at 12:30. Winner got $1350 and 2nd took just under $1000.

I am going to do some larger stakes freezouts next. $50 or $60. Same idea though. I am glad you thought it went well.

And the trip queens lost to a flush, not a boat :)

oh yeah thats right, it was late when i posted that, but yeah we will be their next time
  • Yeah, the $50 / $60 freezeout seems great. Would we get a bit more chips than 1000? like 1500 or 2000 as a bit more chips stops some of the bingo and allows for some action. I also liked the 25/50+ blind structure at the beginning (where as some ppl have the 10/20 15/30 etc which I think is unneccary)

Also, will there be other games than Holdem?
  • I will post some details for our next event. I am thinking we'll have a 2 tournament day - manby two $50 freezouts with a possible reload at the 1hr mark.

After superbowl definitely, as the conference games were distracting for me. Also - I am thinking of a new venue with some food and other amenities, although this will create a small rake.

I will post this coming week what the games are going to be.

Cheers.
    N