It's been a while . . .

Lets talk about Israel Apartheid Week . . . I'll start things off.

Israel stands alone | Michael Coren | Columnists | Comment | Toronto Sun

gogogogogo . . .

Comments

• Milo wrote: »
    Lets talk about Israel Apartheid Week . . . I'll start things off.

Israel stands alone | Michael Coren | Columnists | Comment | Toronto Sun

gogogogogo . . .
    Religious (semetic) debate = more work for mod... boo!!
  • Not going anywhere near that.

It's pretty much lose/lose no matter which side you take.

Edit: was going to fix one of Michael Coren's quotes, but meh.
  • lemme brief myself....
  • If Michael Coren is writing it, I've got way better things to do than read it. Watching paint dry comes to mind.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Not going anywhere near that.

It's pretty much lose/lose no matter which side you take.

Edit: was going to fix one of Michael Coren's quotes, but meh.

What quote?
  • If Michael Coren is writing it, I've got way better things to do than read it. Watching paint dry comes to mind.

Really, usually pretty thought provoking no? You may not agree with him on everything but he does promote positive discussion. Unless you of coarse you choose to ignore an opposite point of view.
  • Really, usually pretty thought provoking no? You may not agree with him on everything but he does promote positive discussion. Unless you of coarse you choose to ignore an opposite point of view.

Umm, no. Even on the few points where I agree with him I find his way of conveying point distasteful.

Also, is he a Catholic today? Maybe tomorrow......what about yesterday? Not worth my time.
  • Umm, no. Even on the few points where I agree with him I find his way of conveying point distasteful

Sounds like he stirs up some passion in you, so as a columnist he has done his job. I don't agree with him on lots of issues but he does his job well.
  • He is Roman Catholic . . . always has been, so far as I know. Is that why you find him so distasteful?
  • Sounds like he stirs up some passion in you, so as a columnist he has done his job. I don't agree with him on lots of issues but he does his job well.

Did you not read my previous post? I give him no time of my day.

He gave Ann Coulter another forum for her BS Liberal hate mongering last year and it was the last straw for me. As far as I'm concerned he's two steps away from the religious right in the states. I will pay him no attention.

BTW anyone who has ever promoted the use of a nuclear strike in any capacity against another nation will never get any time from me except the moments it takes to express my disdain.
  • Ugh, the Sun.

I don't want to begin to comment on this, but will gladly sit back and watch with my bag of popcorn.
    What quote?

Sorry, meant I was going to quote part of the article and correct it.
  • Sounds like he stirs up some passion in you, so as a columnist he has done his job. I don't agree with him on lots of issues but he does his job well.

I used to watch his show nightly on CTS (and I am no where near a believer), but it was always a good show.
  • Okay, which part?

And Mole, I do not recall Coren promoting the use of nukes. Are you talking about Coulter? Because most of Coren's support for her comes from the idea that she should not, nor should anyone else, be arbitrarily shouted down . . .
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    I used to watch his show nightly on CTS (and I am no where near a believer), but it was always a good show.

This . . . always entertaining, without the shouting over each other that most panel shows suffer from.
    Okay, which part?

And Mole, I do not recall Coren promoting the use of nukes. Are you talking about Coulter? Because most of Coren's support for her comes from the idea that she should not, nor should anyone else, be arbitrarily shouted down . . .

He wrote an artical calling for tactical muclear strikes against Iran a few years ago.

And I would argue to the end that here in Canada where the right wing fundamentalists have not yet infiltrated to the extent of the states, Coulter and her likes should be arbitrarily shouted down....it's what they do, therefore they deserve the same.
  • So, you dislike free speech . . . or just some forms of it?
    So, you dislike free speech . . . or just some forms of it?
    some forms of it
  • whats the topic here....
  • darbday wrote: »
    some forms of it

Than you do not support Free Speech. You support controlled speech, which is not the same thing.
  • darbday wrote: »
    whats the topic here....

Well, the original idea was to get people talking about the farce that is Israel Apartheid Week, but we seem to have drifted . . . quélle surprise.
    So, you dislike free speech . . . or just some forms of it?

Clearly. Glad to know you've got it all figured out Milo. Enjoy your circle jerk discussion.
  • How so. Words mean things . . . You cannot advocate for "some" free speech. That is like being a "little" pregnant. Either you allow free speech, or you do not. No circle jerking required.
    Than you do not support Free Speech. You support controlled speech, which is not the same thing.
    not so much....i just dislike some forms of free speech. That is free speech can slaughter millions.

I do believe though that the debate between the two sides that claim isreal is very convenient for the superpowers of the world. I imagine it like a sliding puzzle where it is the epicenter (hole) of the game which allow the rest of the pieces to slide. The unrest their allows the rest of the world to be shaped at will. Everyone fits and is happy in their own country except in the middle east, where two groups claim the same land.

Because of this we can never have real peace anywhere in the world, on pretty much any level.

I'll never understand how salvation of the self can be seen to be worth more than a fellow man...selfishness is all ANY religion teaches.
  • Really? Love thy neighbour as thyself?
    Do unto others as you would have done to you?
    Judge not lest ye be judged?
    Though ye do this for the least of my children, you shall be rewarded in the Kingdom of Heaven?

Yeah, that is so selfish . . . now, if you want to argue that few theists actually live their supposed faith, I will not quibble.
    .....you shall be rewarded in the Kingdom of Heaven?

thats all you can ever earn get through religion, is salvation for oneself.....
  • and . . .?
    and . . .?
    and that is selfishness
  • No, it altruism.
    No, it altruism.
    Altruism is selfless concern for the welfare of others.