New Weekly Sunday Tournament

New weekly sunday tournament starting this week Sunday 16th January

$60 Buy in
$30 Rebuys (unlimited for the first hour)
$30 Add-on

Players start with 2000 in tournament chips, Rebuys get you another 2000 and the Add-on gets you 4000 in tournament chips.

This tournament will be held in Markham at the Training Room (Same location for the bi-weekly $10,000 guaranteed tournament).

Email me for location and any other info.

Comments

• what time?
  • Registration is at 1pm
  • Anyone from the KW area thinking about going down for this? PM me or post, I might be interested in carpooling. Although there is ALOT of good football on this Sunday.

stp
  • i am from cambridge and am going as far as i know. myself and a friend are willing to drive you if you are willing to chip for gas. what part of KW you in??
  • I live near Victoria Park In Kitchener, PM me with your phone number and I will call you if I plan on going. Thanks.

stp
  • how many people are you expecting tomorrow??

i am very interested. if there is room, can you put down johnny adams and steve block?

thanks azim, and coudl you e-mail me with details please?? like location, roughly how long the tourney will go??

thanks
    johnny
    john@singlethreat.com
  • email sent, hope to see you tomorrow
  • my number for any last minute enquiries - 416 833 0599
  • Well i ended up blowing off work related stuff and went to the tourney. First time they've run this one.

my largest tournament win ever!!!

To make a long story short.

Once heads up me and the other guy did a chop of the chips, i out chipped him by a lot but i was already more than 1 hour late for my evening plans. so i recommended chopping, so i could run, and cause i was happier with the extra money straight up

So cashed $2000. I'll post more details (key hands if i remember them) when i have time, i just sneaked out from a dinner party to post.

i will make one thing clear, if you're going to play any live tourneys in toronto they better be ones run by azim. the guy runs an absolutely great tournament, great blinds, great dealers and a great mixture of players.
  • Congrats Chugs! That is huge. What that won't do for the naysayers!

And you wanted to play in the York tourney and take the money from the kids. Shame on you! You'll be banned now.

To think I was going to go today but had too much work to catch up on. I must punish myself again. Maybe I'll force myself to re-read a certain someone's posts here...

I want to read about some of the big hands. How many rebuys did you do?

2 weeks from now if all goes well, I'm playing. I want you and Shopsy on my table. I would love to get either one of you heads up...
  • By all means, come take the kids $$$. Make them see that there is more to poker than calling and rebuying all day long. I wish someone would ...
  • Congrats to Chugs on his win.

Just to let you guys know. We had 47 players (not bad, since we only had 4 days to promote)

We paid Top 6

1. $2200
    2. $1400
    3. $800
    4. $500
    5. $400
    6. Free entry into the $200 event ($10,000 guaranteed to the winner) on Thursday

We hope to have at least 80 players next week. We will cap the tournament at 100 players.

Hope to see you there.
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Congrats Chugs! That is huge. What that won't do for the naysayers!

And you wanted to play in the York tourney and take the money from the kids. Shame on you! You'll be banned now.

To think I was going to go today but had too much work to catch up on. I must punish myself again. Maybe I'll force myself to re-read a certain someone's posts here...

I want to read about some of the big hands. How many rebuys did you do?

2 weeks from now if all goes well, I'm playing. I want you and Shopsy on my table. I would love to get either one of you heads up...

pkrfce9 you must be one heck of a tennis player, cause that reads like one of the most back handed compliments i've ever got.
  • Chugs wrote:
    pkrfce9 you must be one heck of a tennis player, cause that reads like one of the most back handed compliments i've ever got.
    Indeed. That was a two-handed one! You must know I'm insanely jealous. :mad:

Of course I'd love to play you heads-up. Who wouldn't want to take on a champ???
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Indeed. That was a two-handed one! You must know I'm insanely jealous. :mad:

Of course I'd love to play you heads-up. Who wouldn't want to take on a champ???

hummm ... well you've played against me, so i'm kinda sure you want to play me heads-up more so cause i'm a chump than a champ ...
  • Looks like I'll have to clear my schedule and find a way to this tourney to take you on pkrfce. How far of a drive from Waterloo ?
  • Registration/Food at 2pm and the tournaments starts at 3pm. Hope to see you all there today.
  • Anybody know how to get ahold of Azimk, at this late hour.

I am interested in playing but do not know where? Markham is rather big.

lol

Rob M.
  • If you know please PM me.

Thanks,
  • shopsy wrote:
    Looks like I'll have to clear my schedule and find a way to this tourney to take you on pkrfce. How far of a drive from Waterloo ?
    Bring it on, oh calling station! You'll need your 'A' game and a bag of horse shoes.
    Chugs wrote:
    hummm ... well you've played against me, so i'm kinda sure you want to play me heads-up more so cause i'm a chump than a champ ...
    You said it - not me!!!

Just kidding. I'm hoping to play next Sunday. I'd love to see some familiar faces.

How far from Waterloo? Hmmm, I made it from Tyson's to Markham in 45-50 minutes one night. Take the 407 and drive at 140. No problem! For sane person not wanting to see their insurance premiums rise, it is probably about 1.5 hours.

I'm looking forward to this tourney. I've heard so many good things about Azim's tourneys and the level of competition sounds quite good.
  • chalk up a second and third for Pokerforum on this tourney!

Dick Hertz and myself finished this way in a three way deal

Rob M.
  • That is awesome. Congrats to you, and WTG Mark. The forum's been well-represented lately in the local tournaments.
  • where is this tourney anyways?
  • markham. a really nice venue and put togather really well.

johnny
  • I wasn't able to make it to the tourney, but i showed up at about 5:30pm and got in on a decent ring game for a bit. I was entirely card dead, and hardly ever got to play my blinds cheaply (action player to my left, always in with a straddle) but still booked a small profit.

I wish is had know others were there, would have been nice to say hi.
  • i want more info....i want to try this out
  • Hi VladK,

All the info you need is in this thread; specifically, in the first post. Email Azim for location/registration info. GL.
  • I played some of my worst poker ever at this game yesterday. I wasn't getting any cards but played them anyway. Hopefully the sting will have subsided by next Sunday and I can give it another shot. :redface:
  • Just a reminder to let everyone know that the next tournament will be on Sunday 30th January 2005.

Hope to see you there.
  • azimk wrote:
    Just a reminder to let everyone know that the next tournament will be on Sunday 30th January 2005.

Hope to see you there.

Azim! Great tourney you have won me for good...

I must say I was impressed with everything except my play..lol

40,000 in chips after the 2nd break (avg was 19,000) and after 10 mins I was down to 12,500! Gambling plays, and frustration made me go all-in with A2 suited for about 11,500 hmmm Yeah this is a summary on how to loose a lead lol

Please somebody remind me what patience is all about! Anyhow AWESOME TOURNEY! I am bound to be a regular for sure