Kitchener NL Hold'em February 5th 1:30pm

13»

Comments

• See you guys in a bit :) Is the parking situation, wherever is safe kinda thing?
  • BrianS wrote: »
    See you guys in a bit :) Is the parking situation, wherever is safe kinda thing?

Parking is kinda tough. His street is quite small, (it's actually a crescent) and the snow really squeezes the width of the road. It gets pretty crowded with cars. His neighbours must love him :)

I usually park on the street leading to Dave's. Theres much more space, and it's only a 1 minute walk to the house.
  • I would like to give my tournament seat up to Mario, He will represent much better than I. See you at the cash game...
  • thanks for the headsup johnnie
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    His neighbours must love him :)

Actually we just had a couple of guys move into the house beside us. While I was out shovelling this week, I was talking to one of them and he said "Around once a month, you have a whole bunch of people over. It's not for poker is it?"
    Turns out him and his buddy play lots of poker and will be partaking the next tournament where they are free.
  • Count me in.
  • sorry Shopsy but i will have to represent next time. Something has come up so count me out. next time Dave.
  • me +1 cannot make it SORRY!:biggrin2:See you at around 10:15 for the cash game.
  • NOOO, I've got this chinese new year thing I have to attend as it turns out, sorry. So count me out.
  • NOOO, I've got this chinese new year thing I have to attend as it turns out, sorry. So count me out.

A+ for originality. Haven't even heard Hobbes use that one.;)
  • A+ for originality. Haven't even heard Hobbes use that one.;)

I'll keep that in my pocket for next year. :)
  • We're final table here. Sandy, Myself, Buzzard, Ram, Prophet, chrisrow111,HelmuthsMole, Little_Bear, Chrisrow111, Dave T.
  • compuease wrote: »
    We're final table here. Sandy, Myself, Buzzard, Ram, Prophet, chrisrow111,HelmuthsMole, Little_Bear, Chrisrow111, Dave T.

Where's Johnnie? I though he planned to crush this today? :D
  • I was planning on being at the FT today too. However, KK<AQ when the turn and river are Queens. Ugh. The drive home was fun in all the snow. Drive careful everyone.

Thanks again for hosting Dave, great tourney as always.
  • Was nice meeting everyone, and giving my chips away =)

Thanks Dave, had an awesome time.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Where's Johnnie? I though he planned to crush this today? :D

Nope. Couldn't get anything going, and when I did, I had the totally wrong read. Bad day for me all around.

As always, Buzzard ran a great tournament.
  • Dave,

Thanks for the tournament again. First time in my lfe I never got anything going. I can believe I was at the final table. I had every possible combination of 11 12 13 all day long. Some unbelieveable calls today but the one that was the most unbelieveable was going all in with 9 8 and getting called by 5 3 with a board of 10 A 10. The highlight of the day was playing heads up flips with Folded wing 5 in a row for 40.00.

The fold of the day for me was folding trip Aces in the cash game only to have the nice guy show me he flopped a straight.

All and all it was a good day. Hope to be at the next one.

Prophet :2h :2s
  • Thanks again Dave. Great Tourney as always (I've only played 2) :). Look forward to the next one. Drive back to Toronto wasn't much fun, but made it np. Best hand for me was pushing back at Prophet with AKh vs 88's - he folded. Next time Brent!! Worst hand was T's vs AT. Ram hits A on the turn and I'm out.

Cheers
    Tom
  • We had another first time winner in HPT #28. This is his description from Wetts1012 in the Fallsview 1K thread.

"I only recognized 1 guy in, some young indianish guy with Justin Bieber hair. Apparently he plays Buzzards games."

Well that is none other then ram_siva1 who brought a large chip stack to the final table and kept it all the way to the headsup where he defeated two time champion chrisrowl111.

waltsfriend nursed a short stack throughout the final table and ended up in third place.

After having as many as 16 players on the waiting list, we ended up having only 39 players in the tournament. I am not sure why we have so many people signing up and dropping out, but it is very disappointing. In the future, I would appreciate if people do not sign up, unless they are going to play for sure.

BrianS was the only Forum member who was playing in his first tournament here. His aggresive style got him into 17th place. Hopefully he enjoyed himself enough to come back again.

Due to the weather conditions, we called off the cash game around midnight. Not sure what happened before I got there, but r3m1x was the big winner at cash out time with a profit over $200. The host had another winning stay at the cash game, with a last hand victory and a profit of $4.00. Thanks for the double up on my first hand at the cash game Prophet.

The next tournament is scheduled for March 12th at 1:30pm. I am sure we will have a full house for this one.

Unofficial Results
    39. Gerry B.
    38. Lee
    37. Terry J.
    36. folded
    35. Mac
    34. Carsey
    33. Troy
    32. happyhammer6
    31. Kaye
    30. Marty
    29. Theresa P.
    28. Eddie C.
    27. damanj16
    26. Gargoyle
    25. woog30
    24. Carmelo
    23. r3m1x
    22. asxn557
    21. JohnnieH
    20. Bonnie B.
    19. Big Bob
    18. David F.
    17. BrianS
    16. djgolfcan
    15. lazyant
    14. SeekTheGrail
    13. DataMn
    12. The Coordinator
    11. Adam
    10. The Prophet 22
    9. Hellmuth's Mole
    8. Dave T.
    7. compuease
    6. Buzzzardd ($140)
    5. Little_Brother ($190)
    4. flash05 ($250)
    3. waltsfriend ($350)
    2. chrisrowl111 ($520)
    1. ram_siva1 ($890)
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    BrianS was the only Forum member who was playing in his first tournament here. His aggresive style got him into 17th place. Hopefully he enjoyed himself enough to come back again.

Me aggressive?! Im a nit >:D

lol

Had a blast!
  • Congrats Ram, glad I didn't get any takers on my offer of betting against yourself and Chris. :)
  • Thanks dave for another great day of poker, hopefully next one I can make a deep run :). Congrats ram!
  • Has the March tourney been posted? Mar 12 is a Sat I actually have free, so was really hoping that this was March day you picked. :)
  • Zithal wrote: »
    Has the March tourney been posted? Mar 12 is a Sat I actually have free, so was really hoping that this was March day you picked. :)

I'm pretty sure this was the date.