Kitchener NL Hold'em January 15th 1:30PM

13»

Comments

• Hey im pretty new to this site. I usually in games in brmpton but looking to check out your tournament today. Is there space? And what cash games follow??
  • Hey im pretty new to this site. I usually in games in brmpton but looking to check out your tournament today. Is there space? And what cash games follow??

Thanks for your interest but we don't have room today unless there are a bunch of cancellations in the next hour.
  • ok kool let me know if you get any cancelations. and jsut curious what cash game follows?
  • ok kool let me know if you get any cancelations. and jsut curious what cash game follows?

.25/.50 $50 buy-in. and that will be filled by the people in the tournament also.
  • Doesn't look like justin or mike a will be attending dave... They'd rather not wait for seats so you can move the people underneath up, thanks
  • Dave, I'm leaving the 'Burg now. Hopefully it won't take me over an hour to get there, but if does please blind me in.
  • Hey Dave, Rich is out, but Rick is still in.
  • Thanks for hosting Dave. I promise it won't be a year till I play again. :)
  • Thanks for hosting again! Excellent tournament and cash game as always.

Unfortunately I left a bag with a metal coffee mug and a few slices of pizza somewhere. If someone finds it, please hold onto the mug for me, and you can have the pizza!
  • Thanks for hosting Dave. Will be watching for the next one.

Tom
  • Thanks Dave, appreciate it as always.. Built my stack to 21K at the 300/600 level and shortly after collapsing to 3 tables I'm on the button with K's. Small raise in ep and I'm thinking how I'm going to play this for maximum chips. It folds to lady to my immediate right who instantly pushes her 30K+, like 50bb.. :D. I think for maybe 10 sec, AA? naw, why would she do that? I call, she turns over AK off, A in the door and I'm done. Talk about an overplayed AK.. oh well cash game was fun, and although I only made a little it was great fun watching 2 or 3 ppl pour money into the table. Too bad I couldn't get a hand at the right time. Will be back.. And Devon, thanks for dinner, I owe you.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Thanks Dave, appreciate it as always.. Built my stack to 21K at the 300/600 level and shortly after collapsing to 3 tables I'm on the button with K's. Small raise in ep and I'm thinking how I'm going to play this for maximum chips. It folds to lady to my immediate right who instantly pushes her 30K+, like 50bb.. :D. I think for maybe 10 sec, AA? naw, why would she do that? I call, she turns over AK off, A in the door and I'm done. Talk about an overplayed AK..

At least you got you KK in ahead. :D

and wow @ 50BB shove w AK.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    At least you got you KK in ahead. :D

and wow @ 50BB shove w AK.
    I actually think she thought she outplayed me.... :) and no she didn't make final table... Not sure what happened but I understand why.
  • And the winner is ?
  • I'm looking forward to hearing about the final table as well. Two of my original table mates made the final table (one had just won a Brantford Bounty tournament). And our host, Dave was at the final table as well.

Good time as always Dave. Cash table was its crazy, predictable self again. That means I did well again. :)
  • A record 45 runners played in HPT 27. For the fifth time in history, we had no winner. Rick, a friend of sstars, and David F. chopped after they took out Carmelo, a friend of The Coordinator. After playing three handed for a couple of hours they were even in chips and decided on the chop. Rick had been a huge chip leader for most of the final table but David had caught up to him while they were eliminating Carmelo.

The cash game was unbelievable. Little_Brother turned his one $50 buy-in, into a cash out of $639. It didn't matter what two cards he played, he would hit either a straight or trips or a full house or a flush etc. etc. etc. Being I never got into any pots with him, it was a lot of fun to watch.

asxn557 was the only Forumer to make his debut here and made the final table . I think he left his coffee mug here on purpose, so that he would have to come back. Nice to see Hobbes here after a long absence.

Thanks Beanie and waltsfriend for dealing the cash game and to lazyant for running it.

HPT 28 is scheduled for Saturday February 5th at 1:30. I hope we can fill it again.

Unofficial Results

45. Bill B.
    44. The Aux
    43. Gargoyle
    42. June
    41. Paul D.
    40. Shopsy
    39. SeekTheGrail
    38. Jamie D.
    37. Hobbes
    36. Little_Brother
    35. sstar
    34. proffisher
    33. r3m1x
    32 Eduardo
    31. ram_siva1
    30. djgolfcan
    29. flash05
    28. Nayr_Eh
    27. Sherrie
    26. Tedo
    25. compuease
    24. JohnnieH
    23. Kaye
    22. DataMn
    21. Ray L.
    20. lazyant
    19. chrisrowl111
    18. Marty
    17. joeheartsdi
    16. happyhammer6
    15. The Coordinator
    14. Strubby
    13. Eddie C.
    12. Mac
    11. Lee
    10. asxn557
    9. Adam
    8. damanj16
    7. Buzzzardd ($110)
    6. Dona ($160)
    5. Harry S. ($215)
    4. waltsfriend ($300)
    3. Carmelo ($400)
    1. & 2. Rick & David F. (Chopped for $757.50 each)
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    7. Buzzzardd ($110)

Sooo that's why you paid 7 instead of 6. ;)

and once again the big winner at the cash game pays better than 2nd :D
    I actually think she thought she outplayed me.... :) and no she didn't make final table... Not sure what happened but I understand why.

She actually did make the final table and she probably just got sick of your loose aggresive betting.:)
    djgolfcan wrote: »
    And our host, Dave was at the final table as well.

Got to 7th place, then lost with Kings against Carmelo's 8's all in preflop, lost with 9's against David Fudger's A5 aipf, and lost with AQ to Rich's 10's aipf when he had me covered. This all happened in one orbit.:(
  • There were some crazy hands at the final table. Twice in less than one orbit, the short stack (two different players), with five players left, pushed all-in with a smaller pocket pair that turned into quads. Pocket kings were the worst hand to see at this tournament because most of the time they either were up against aces or lost to a small pair. Congratulations to everyone who made money yesterday. Thanks to Dave for hosting a great tournament every month.
  • There were some crazy hands at the final table. Twice in less than one orbit, the short stack (two different players), with five players left, pushed all-in with a smaller pocket pair that turned into quads.

HPT is rigged in favour of the smaller stacks. :D

Not when I have the smaller stack.:(
    One all in all day, one coin flip , one loss.
    The cash game was unbelievable. Little_Brother turned his one $50 buy-in, into a cash out of $639. It didn't matter what two cards he played, he would hit either a straight or trips or a full house or a flush etc. etc. etc. Being I never got into any pots with him, it was a lot of fun to watch.

When Pete left the seat (to hit an ATM after losing several big hands) Ryan sits down and promptly tripled his buy in with QQ, AK, and AA. Very nice heater! He could do no wrong! I don't remember him losing a hand at showdown. we chopped a pot later with a straight (both held 73 suited) and I felt privileged to do so :D
  • Always worth the drive Dave

Thanks mate

Bradley

Just like online poker lmao..
    and no she didn't make final table... Not sure what happened but I understand why.

You are right, she didn't make the final table.
  • I must say it was a good day of poker as always at hpt.
    Unfortunately i think it was the coldest deck i have ever run into at a game since i started playing poker :(
    Always catching hands that were second nuts or nuts on flop just to get out run or see myself paying into the nuts for showdown :'-(
    oh well, hopefully next time i won't have such bad luck.
    thx Dave and see ya next time
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    When Pete left the seat (to hit an ATM after losing several big hands) Ryan sits down and promptly tripled his buy in with QQ, AK, and AA. Very nice heater! He could do no wrong! I don't remember him losing a hand at showdown. we chopped a pot later with a straight (both held 73 suited) and I felt privileged to do so :D

I beat Little_Brother at a showdown once, I had aces and flopped a set and strangely he didn't river a straight. Certainly best run I've ever seen.

Thanks Buzzzard for the comment about me "running" the cash game, I just put cash in the box and gave out chips and at the end the numbers matched thank god, although I was so tired after 11.5 hours of poker that I couldn't see that a five and two toonies made the last $9, I wonder how I got the physics degree.
  • lazyant wrote: »
    I was so tired after 11.5 hours of poker that I couldn't see that a five and two toonies made the last $9, I wonder how I got the physics degree.

I feel the same way everytime I have a tournament. No wonder I play so bad.
    7. Buzzzardd ($110)
    6. Dona ($160)
    5. Harry Spink ($215)
    4. waltsfriend ($300)
    3. Carmelo ($400)
    1. & 2. Rich & David Fudger (Chopped for $757.50 each)

If that's my buddy who chopped 1st, it's actually Rick, not Rich. Rich was the one who couldn't make it.

Thanks again for hosting Dave. Congrats to everyone who cashed.

Sean