leaf who??

2»

Comments

• schabs wrote: »
    burke ruined the leafs for long time now, no real prospects in the farm except MAYBE kadri, nice shootout goal on saturday tho

he's trying to build that team around kessel but theres a problem, kessel isnt that franchise player....this whole team is a bunch of 3rd line players. if kessel was on a GOOD team he'd be lucky to play top 6 minutes hes a 1 way player.

I am a leafs fan, yet I agreed with everything in the above post. UNTIL I saw the bolded part. Check the stats. They speak for themselves.

Last year Kessel was tied with Kane for 19th in scoring IN THE NHL with 30 goals. He was also in 69th for points overall. How in the hell can you say that he doesn't belong in the top 6 of a good team? I would LOVE to hear your "top 6 of a good team" that would be better than having Kessel in there. (this is not NHL11 and you need to fit your team within the salary cap don't forget).

He's not my first choice to build a team around either, however to say he's not top 6 is ludicrous.
  • reibs wrote: »
    I am a leafs fan, yet I agreed with everything in the above post. UNTIL I saw the bolded part. Check the stats. They speak for themselves.

Last year Kessel was tied with Kane for 19th in scoring IN THE NHL with 30 goals. He was also in 69th for points overall. How in the hell can you say that he doesn't belong in the top 6 of a good team? I would LOVE to hear your "top 6 of a good team" that would be better than having Kessel in there. (this is not NHL11 and you need to fit your team within the salary cap don't forget).

He's not my first choice to build a team around either, however to say he's not top 6 is ludicrous.

sry bud im not a kessel believer, he's got a medicore 14 pts this year, severly inconsistent offensively and defensively, he might get 60 pts this year.

as for the above post, i said he'd be lucky to play top 6 minutes not that I dont think he can, i just think he's a liability.
  • he's also got one of the worst plus minuses on the team, and does anybody believe this guy is worth 5.4 mil a season? i dont
  • schabs wrote: »
    he's also got one of the worst plus minuses on the team, and does anybody believe this guy is worth 5.4 mil a season? i dont

I think he's worth that for the Leafs, but that's because I'm a Canucks fan :)
  • Start a new thread and we'll deal with your issues . . .