leaf who??

Maple Leafs 4-0. Someone pinch me. Lol.
kessel is on pace for 82 goals.
Mcarther is on pace for 105 lol

Comments

• they should be 5-0 after monday total opposite start from last year lol doubt they can keep it up unless macarthur pulls a jose bautista for us we might just have a chance for a long run in the playoffs
  • Looks like the luck is going to leafs side for a change. Leafs will face Rangers twice in next two weeks, and both time rangers will be with out 2 of their best players, Gaborik, and Drury.
    They have a good chance going 5-0 against islanders.
    If they have a record of 8-2 in theirt first 10- games, all they have to do is play 4 games over 500 for the rest of a season they will get the 7 or 8 spot.
    I think its very possible just because of three reason. 1. they have one of the best 1-2 goaltenders, 2. their penalty kill looks amazing, and 3. montreal and ottawa will miss the playoffs. that will be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
  • The_Game wrote: »
    Looks like the luck is going to leafs side for a change. Leafs will face Rangers twice in next two weeks, and both time rangers will be with out 2 of their best players, Gaborik, and Drury.
    They have a good chance going 5-0 against islanders.
    If they have a record of 8-2 in theirt first 10- games, all they have to do is play 4 games over 500 for the rest of a season they will get the 7 or 8 spot.
    I think its very possible just because of three reason. 1. they have one of the best 1-2 goaltenders, 2. their penalty kill looks amazing, and 3. montreal and ottawa will miss the playoffs. that will be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Gaborik has a long history of getting injured.
    Tellqvist had more holes than a chunk of swiss cheeze. 13 ga in 3 games.
    Avery is still a selfish piece of dog poo. Torterelli an even bigger piece.

Gigs and The Monster are far away from being the best 1-2 Combination in what has become a watered down league.
    Yes the penalty kill is good so far but I have seen this before and believe me it's not going to last.
    All things said, The Leafs have a long history of loosing important conference matchups all through the season. So there is a good chance they will be 4-1 or 4-0-0-1 after Mondays game.
    Sorry , I would love to be wrong but I have watched this team for so many years and I see nothing different.
    Powerplay early in the 3rd period with a 2 man advantage passed the puck around instead of firing at a shakey goalie, and just like that gave the Rangers a shot in the arm , next thing we know it's 3-3.
  • We will get a good idea after 20 games, I been watching this team all my life as well.
    I just see something diffrent in this years team, It remind me of early 90's
  • Damn I am good. 4-0-0-1 2-1 Ot loss to the Islanders. Games they must win. Especially if they are in a fight for the last play off spot come April.

:p
  • Playoffs? You wanna talk about playoffs? ( hopefully someone got that )

It's 5 games into the season, lets not get ahead of ourselves. We all know what's gonna happen the leafs will go on one of their famous 10-15 game slides and tank. Let's be realistic for 5 minutes, the leafs are not a playoff team this year.
  • schabs wrote: »
    Playoffs? You wanna talk about playoffs? ( hopefully someone got that )

It's 5 games into the season, lets not get ahead of ourselves. We all know what's gonna happen the leafs will go on one of their famous 10-15 game slides and tank. Let's be realistic for 5 minutes, the leafs are not a playoff team this year.

lol Jim Mora sr when he was coach of the colts.
  • Just got the cancellation notice for the parade . . . anybody wanna buy some banners, cheap?
  • I think this team is already a lock for the playoffs. In order for the leafs to get out of it is if they have 2 consecutive bad months or something. But they have played well -- the defense has been good, and they've been getting a lot of shots on net.
    I'm convinced that this team goes back into the playoffs. I don't see them lasting long in there though, goaltending is still an issue.
  • kingkao86 wrote: »
    I think this team is already a lock for the playoffs. In order for the leafs to get out of it is if they have 2 consecutive bad months or something. But they have played well -- the defense has been good, and they've been getting a lot of shots on net.
    I'm convinced that this team goes back into the playoffs. I don't see them lasting long in there though, goaltending is still an issue.

How are they a lock into the playoffs? It's 2 weeks into the season. Their 4 pts out of the playoffs and their atop the eastern conference.....

How about we wait till around xmas time before we start buying leaf playoff tickets here people.
  • hahahahahahahahahaha

Lock for the playoffs.................

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

God bless you Southerners:p
  • philliivey wrote: »
    hahahahahahahahahaha

Lock for the playoffs.................

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

God bless you Southerners:p
    This coming from a guy who wears a dirty old Finnish Hockey Jersey..:o
  • When you got someone who works for nike, take all the free stuff you can :)
  • what happened to all the leaf lovers? typical bandwagon jumpers....teams goin downhill and no one wants to talk about toronto being playoff bound? lol[;
  • I knew the ugly would come out eventually. It seems they really have NO SCORERS on this team.
  • they should get rid of wilson, i hate that guy
  • Im always on the bandwagon.... Im sure we will find our scoring touch against the stone wall that is Brian Elliott... BAH!

Edit: I have no prob with Wilson. The person we need to get rid of is Grabovski. God he's awful! Mitchell is a close second, but as long as he is sitting in the press box, I can live with him staying put.
  • Once again after fighting back from a 3-1 deficit, our Blue and White shirted hero's take the lead and then a STUPID PENALTY, BOOM!

Capitals tie it up and win it with the shootout.
    SAME SHIT- DIFFERENT NIGHT.
  • didnt think the leafs had it in them to come back after the 2nd...
  • schabs wrote: »
    didnt think the leafs had it in them to come back after the 2nd...
    Washington is not that good. Too many egos and Ovechkin has to be the BIGGEST Cherry picker of all time.
  • Hmmm....

This thread got quiet... Losing in a shutout to the worst team in the west, to a goalie with a sub .900 save%?

God bless you leaf fans, you're so cute.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Hmmm....

God bless you leaf fans, you're so cute.

Mark

You delight in telling children there is no Santa, don't you? :D

Look . . . you know they SUCK.
    Leafs fans know they SUCK.
    No need to wallow in their crapulence . . . go push an old lady in front of a bus, brighten your day . . .
  • Milo wrote: »

Look . . . you know they SUCK.
    Leafs fans know they SUCK.
    No need to wallow in their crapulence . . . go push an old lady in front of a bus, brighten your day . . .

Could be fun if she was wearing a Leaf jersey.

To you Leaf fans who think you're soon to ascend from the "suck".... imo darker days are ahead. I hate the Bruins almost as much, but you are going to make them a very happy franchise.
  • I am just past my 46th birthday . . . I've got $10.00 says the Leafs will NOT win the Cup before I retire (age 65) . . .

any takers?
  • Even thru all of this they are still the most valuable franchise in the league at 508 mil. lol
    Habs Fans Hate on Leafs Fans who Hate on Bruins fans and It's a vicious circle.
    I have said it before and I will say it again. As long as the Arena is full, The merchandise is flying out the door, and all of the morons who are paying $2.99 / mth for leaf TV . Why in the F%#K should anything change.:D
  • Is that a "yes"? >:D
  • Milo wrote: »
    I am just past my 46th birthday . . . I've got $10.00 says the Leafs will NOT win the Cup before I retire (age 65) . . .

any takers?

$10? With or without inflation? And when the USD and CAD are united?

I won't take that bet. Instead I'll wager $20 that the Leafs won't win the cup in my lifetime (I'm 32). Unfortunately I won't be able to collect when I win...
  • iNano78 wrote: »
    $10? With or without inflation? And when the USD and CAD are united?

I won't take that bet. Instead I'll wager $20 that the Leafs won't win the cup in my lifetime (I'm 32). Unfortunately I won't be able to collect when I win...

Just will it to someone lol
  • burke ruined the leafs for long time now, no real prospects in the farm except MAYBE kadri, nice shootout goal on saturday tho

he's trying to build that team around kessel but theres a problem, kessel isnt that franchise player....this whole team is a bunch of 3rd line players. if kessel was on a GOOD team he'd be lucky to play top 6 minutes hes a 1 way player.