Options

yo yo car dealership scam.....?

Anybody here work for a car dealership.....? to much to really type but looking for some help...sis bought a car and got a phone call two days later saying the financing fell through.....went back was told i have to be on the loan and the interest rate will be higher....want to take the car back now (was signed yesterday)......

any knowledge is helpful.....

Comments

• if the financing fell through, wouldn't they naturally want the car back since you haven't paid for it technically? If you refuse to co-sign, what then?
  • Did they deliver the car without financing?
  • my sister and mom picked a car out and the installed a modified left foot drive pedal....includes two bolt holes in the floor.....then days later they had my mom into sign the paper work and me for the insurance cause its for me and my sis. We left with the car and two days later were told the financing didn't go through because i can't be the principle operator on the insurance.

when we went back in they decided they would finance in house (cause they were screwed with the new car being driven and modified) but i would have to be on the loan to be on the insurance. the interest rate was higher and the payments were up 80 bux...and.....i wasn't buying a car in the first place. My mom was so upset at the whole thing and my sister they were just asking my to sign....but later they admitted I shoulda just walked away.....

im going in today to talk, says i can cancel it...we'll see how hard that gets.....

im just going to ask if they are a division of gm, didn't we bail your company out, im calling my mp

IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE: in the first financing meeting we were told we could put the insurance in my mom's name until the loan went through and then change the insurance to my name and the loaner wouldn't find out....has anyone here done that? i wasn't comfortable so i didn't do it...thats why they had to call back....
  • my credit score is in the low 400's im foreclosing one house maybe my condo too, two credit card beyond maxed out, one closed...numerous other payments and chevy financed me for a car i didn't even want to buy with the tax money we bailed them out with......
  • A dealership delievered a car before the financing was finalized! Ha, someone is going to get in trouble there!

I would consider getting actual legal advise from an actual attorney! Advice from this web site will be virtually useless, since anyone would actually have to see the actual documents that were signed during the purchas to offer any useful assistance!
  • A dealership delievered a car before the financing was finalized! Ha, someone is going to get in trouble there!

I would consider getting actual legal advise from an actual attorney! Advice from this web site will be virtually useless, since anyone would actually have to see the actual documents that were signed during the purchas to offer any useful assistance!

ya someone did get in trouble already for sure and the modified it to which was stupid on their part.....and im not looking for the legal advice, just maybe someone knows the general rules or if someone has ever bought a car for say their kids and waited till the loan goes through to transfer the insurance from the parents name into the kid's name....
  • darbday wrote: »
    im just going to ask if they are a division of gm, didn't we bail your company out, im calling my mp

ive also considered driving the car through the showroom windows and getting out and saying, "keep the change" or "hasta lavista ......baby"

"or good thing my names on the insurance hey boys?"
  • Maybe a dick here but..

Your credit's not great, your houses are foreclosing, you're in dire financial straits...

Why in the hell are you even thinking about playing poker?

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Maybe a dick here but..

Your credit's not great, your houses are foreclosing, you're in dire financial straits...

Why in the hell are you even thinking about playing poker?

Mark

im up about 3500 plus im alot better now....doesn't cost me money...makes me money.....

am working now to ...good job, rebuilding from last years downturn is all
  • The screwed the pooch by modifying the car and letting it off the lot BEFORE the financing cleared. So here is what I think:

The dealership wants you to keep the car, as it would cost them $$$ to put it back like it was. Also, they could no longer sell it as "new" either, which costs them more $$$.

Your side would probably like to keep the car, as the credit issue seems likely to be a hurdle in any subsequent purchase.

So, why not propose a compromise? They eat 50% of any added costs as a result of the finance/credit SNAFU, and you keep the vehicle.

Not sure about BC, but I believe there are "Buyer's Remorse" laws that let get out of situations like this in Ontario.

Oh, and the whole bait 'n' switch idea for the insurance sounds like a great way to get nailed for fraud. :-X
    im up about 3500 plus im alot better now....doesn't cost me money...makes me money.....

am working now to ...good job, rebuilding from last years downturn is all

Don't take this the wrong way... though I don't know how you could take it

I don't believe this. Do you have PT3 graphs? I mean, based on what you post, you're not a up $3500 player.

Mark

I don't believe this. Do you have PT3 graphs? I mean, based on what you post, you're not a up $3500 player.

Mark

only one way to take it lol.....already been through this with comp.....your late to the party....but opr forboon on all three sites.....im a little off but pretty sure im not paying for poker....played live three times too.....tripled my tourney buy in one, 300 in the other....slighty profit in third but spent alot on drinks.....
  • Milo wrote: »
    The screwed the pooch by modifying the car and letting it off the lot BEFORE the financing cleared. So here is what I think:

The dealership wants you to keep the car, as it would cost them $$$ to put it back like it was. Also, they could no longer sell it as "new" either, which costs them more $$$.

Your side would probably like to keep the car, as the credit issue seems likely to be a hurdle in any subsequent purchase.

So, why not propose a compromise? They eat 50% of any added costs as a result of the finance/credit SNAFU, and you keep the vehicle.

Not sure about BC, but I believe there are "Buyer's Remorse" laws that let get out of situations like this in Ontario.

Oh, and the whole bait 'n' switch idea for the insurance sounds like a great way to get nailed for fraud. :-X

this is what ive decided to do but im going to tell them to put my mom on the loan ask for the old interest rate and old payment.....and a guarantee of some sort that i won't have problems with the insurance....im not sure they could produce it or i would believe it but if they can then im in

otherwise i want to walk away...can't find solid information for buyers remorse sounds like it doesn't work for cars...but there must be some period.

thx for the help and thx for funding my car load with your tax dollars....hope you all do well on this investment......

Mark

No bankroll management + Luckboxing = 3500 :)

thx for the help and thx for funding my car load with your tax dollars....hope you all do well on this investment......

Please explain how my tax dollars funded your loan?
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Please explain how my tax dollars funded your loan?

was this company not bailed out with tax money...they are funding this load with in house financing because no lender would take it and they modified the car...
    No bankroll management + Luckboxing = 3500 :)

yes
    was this company not bailed out with tax money...they are funding this load with in house financing because no lender would take it and they modified the car...
    In house finanacing = finance company not tax dollars... lol...

good luck on your dealings... beginning to sound like an Ivey situation.... :)
  • compuease wrote: »
    In house finanacing = finance company not tax dollars... lol...

good luck on your dealings... beginning to sound like an Ivey situation.... :)

no sir, the finance company rejected the deal.....they were forced to take it on themselves....hence my credit score wasn't an issue....
    no sir, the finance company rejected the deal.....they were forced to take it on themselves....hence my credit score wasn't an issue....

And since the majority of dealerships are independently owned, odds are the owner of the dealership is eating his own mistake!

Doubt that seriously. What you are referring to as "the finance company" is likely to be GM finance (if it's GM) which would be the financing arm of GM itself. If your credit is as bad as you say then he can always get "local" financing of some sort, likely at a terribly inflated rate.
    You are providing so little details here that we are all just guessing however.

Does sound like the dealership messed up on pre-qualifying you for financing though.. However I would doubt you can get out of the deal.. A lawyer is in order. Opinions here are just that, opinions...
  • Speak for yourself comp. I have my law degree in internet dispute resolution, and I got it from a very reputable school, as well. I graduated "cum loudly" from Tuktoyaktuk University (Tuk U).
    Doubt that seriously. What you are referring to as "the finance company" is likely to be GM finance (if it's GM) which would be the financing arm of GM itself. If your credit is as bad as you say then he can always get "local" financing of some sort, likely at a terribly inflated rate.

Does sound like the dealership messed up on pre-qualifying you for financing though.. However I would doubt you can get out of the deal.. A lawyer is in order. Opinions here are just that, opinions...

talked to my buddy from a different dealership in Vancouver...says the have like their own line of credit they can do anything they want with.....not sure if were talking about the same thing comp..but he said its a big deal that they are doing this.....also says if i talk to the vsa that chevy will bend over backwards to correct this....appointment at 4 leaving soon...tbc...
  • And since the majority of dealerships are independently owned, odds are the owner of the dealership is eating his own mistake!

this is more how im interpreting it....

like prequilifing went through but mom had to be the primary on insurnace...after we left the financing meeting we went to fill the insurance out in another room and the insurance lady told me its not a good idea so i went as the primary....so thats why it fell through....

you may be correct about the arm of gm financing sounds like you know more than me about this, the first financing fell through which would be an outa house one but still filed in the store and they had to bail it with some line of credit the store has for commercial deals or something.....it turned into a lease (now i gotta go study leases)....

anyways he said he may be able to get me off the loan, and hemmed and hawed about the payment going back down. he also said they will let me walk away...i have a feeling they have to take my offer because of what they loose by taking back a car with 1500 km and to bolt holes in the floor.....

i talked to the sales manager the finance guy wouldn't even come talk to us....they feel im getting a good deal....i keep telling them i didn't come here to buy a car.....
    Did they deliver the car without financing?

This is the only question that matters.
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    This is the only question that matters.

i don't really know what the question is but they drove the car here from vancouver, installed the modified pedal brought up to do the paperwork, we left with the car and they called us back and said the lenders didn't agree to the insurance setup....

explain please cause this question sounds important....
  • So much win in this thread......

Here in Ontario you have 90 days period to tell them to go fuck themselves if they did not disclose any info at time of signing.

In b.c. I am not sure.

How did you know comp? Yes I know quite a bit about this thanks to what I went thru...........
  • philliivey wrote: »

How did you know comp? Yes I know quite a bit about this thanks to what I went thru...........
    It's called old age..... Might have bought one or two vehicles in my life..... couple of horse'n'buggies too....
    It's called old age..... Might have bought one or two vehicles in my life..... couple of horse'n'buggies too....

^^^^at first i was gonna write i wish i coulda brought dad with me...but then i remembered i wasn't buying a car in the first F@#KIN PLACE!!!