Moose - Thursday Night Cash Games - Cambridge

I am starting up a bi-weekly cash game. The game is going to alternate between .50/.50 nl $60 max and the next time it will be a $60 max dealers choice game. I am looking for a crew of regulars who will play one or both of the games, most weeks, so I don't have to worry about if the game will run all the time. This will run until at least Christmas.

This is just a social night against good competition and good friends. If you are a regular and I want you in the game, I will get you a seat.

The game starts at 9 pm and ends at midnight.

In the dealers choice game the blinds will be .50/.50 for the PL and NL games and for the limit/stud games it will be .10 ante, .50 bring in and $1/$2 limits.

You know my chips, this will be one of the highest quality cash games you will find.

Rake free.

1st Game $60 max NL Thurs. Sept. 30
1. moose
2. waltsfriend
3. beanie
4. kanga
5. drtyore
6. seekthegrail
7. flash05
8. r_brother

2nd Game $60 Dealers Choice Thurs. Oct. 14
1. moose
2. waltsfriend
3. beanie
4. seekthegrail
6. Hobbes
7. flash05
8. zoolook

.50/.50 $60 Max Thurs. Oct. 28
1. moose
2. waltsfriend*
3. seekthegrail
4. beanie42
5. flash05
6. kipling*
7. kanga
8. jordanGM
9. mustrdtyger (nate)
10. mustrdtygress (angela)

$60 Dealers Choice Thurs. Nov. 11
1. moose
2. see post #48 for list

Subsequent games will be every two weeks, so mark your calendar.

Comments

• I'm in for both weeks.
  • Please sign Jenn and I both up for this Thursday, and sign me up for the second one as well.
  • This starts THIS thursday?

Which one is it, the .05/.05? I could swing that one. I'm not sure I like the idea of dealer's choice, how open is that, is it going to get stupid with like no restrictions?

Mark
  • Dealer's choice can be any game found online and we'll add in double flop Omaha and the pineapple variants. NL Omaha is banned.
  • Wait a second, you're going to have a night where can play any game *I* can find online?

Wow.. you really didn't think THAT one through...

So, does this start this Thursday with the NLHE?

Mark
  • Knock yourself out Mark. Action figures are also banned though.

Dates are in OP. Reading comprehension figures heavily.
  • Oh hey! There it is!

In all fairness, the dealer's choice doesn't really pique my interest... not a fan of showing up to play "prime number fiasco" or whatever, would rather an alternating night of stud / omaha / etc - I'd probably prefer if it was one of the "big four" games (Stud, HE, Omaha, Razz).

I'll be there Thursday

Mark
  • Moose, if you were not in Cambridge, I would be so in for the Dealer's Choice nights . . . *sigh* :-[
  • Hey Moose sign me up for both games. I will need the directions Pmed to me. Cheers, Steve
  • Yes. The game Thurs is a go. Looking for 4 more to round out the table.
  • hey moose, sign me up for this thurs. Not sure how regularly i can make it, but i'd be in until i get called back to work. thx
  • Tomorrow?

You mean Thursday right? Calendar comprehension is also valuable.

Mark
  • Me no worky. All dates and times are meaningless to me. Begin jealousy now.
  • 3 seats open for tonight.

My kid will be in bed so enter by the side door quietly please. No door bell, just enter.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    This starts THIS thursday?

Which one is it, the .05/.05? I could swing that one. I'm not sure I like the idea of dealer's choice, how open is that, is it going to get stupid with like no restrictions?

Mark

Mark, you do realize it's 0.50/0.50, not 0.05/0.05, correct?

Hope I can make it one of these weeks. :)
  • Wow...

I don't read good. :)

Mark
  • Put me down as tent.
    I will try to be there.
  • I guess I can't read either and thought it was 5c/5c, so not sure if Jenn will still play. I'm still in regardless, but I might be running a bit late tonight.
  • Waltsfriend, missing you?
  • Thanks all for coming to the first game. Next up is the mixed game in two weeks. To clarify some more for the interpretation challenged, like DrTyore, the dealers choice game will include any game you can find on an online POKER site. So no Chicago, Anaconda etc and yes to Badugi, Razz, Stud etc.

The setup:

P1030680.JPG

I love the staredown by Steve and he doesn't even have cards!

P1030682.JPG

High hand of the night:

P1030683.JPG
  • Nice shot. Lol. It was the coffee man! That or sizing up flash's chips in anticipation of the flopped flush vs the flopped set battle that was coming up that I totally would wiff on!

Thanks for hosting Moose. Looking forward to the next one. Cheers, Steve
  • Add me to the Oct 14 game.
  • One week bumpalicious.

Good chance to practice your stud and omaha in advance of the Royal Cup.
  • sign me up for this thursday moose, looking forward to playing something other than holdem for a change
    been so long since i've played in a mixed game, miss it. shame how the only poker ppl know/play these days is holdem :( thx and cya thurs
  • i want in for this week plz
    respectfully request split big "o"/binglaha for week of 21st. ive read, watched, and listened to "the secret" three times so im confident this can happen.
  • This Thursday's game is full but waltsfriend is tentative so if someone definitely wants to play, we can find a spot.
  • Hey Moose. Just confirming I will be there right at the start at 9:00. My earlier evening plans got changed so I am good for the start. See ya Thursday.....Steve
  • Game is full for tonight. Added lists for next 2 games to OP. Preference given to players who have played before.

Reminder: please enter by side door quietly so as not to wake up my youngster. Thanks.

PL/NL games
    .50/.50 blinds

Limit games
    $1/$2 limits
    .50/$1 blinds

Stud games
    $1/$2 limits
    .10 ante
    .50 bring in
  • Hey Moose

I'm going to have to back out tonight - can't really swing it overall financially! :(

Mark
  • Return your empties or send Mario.

One seat open due to Mark's alcoholism.