Private forum tourney?

2»

Comments

• T8urmoney wrote: »
    I'm in the group that would like to keep the percentage to the field down.....like max at 15-20%....something like 1% per player. If the field wants a bigger percent, win the damn satty.

THIS.

THe best player should generally keep the money. I think 15% cut across the board is plenty! It's a bonus for playing the private tourny is all.
    Generally the good player will go deep, and generally will take down the sat. How is fair for a -EV player like myself to buy in, piss away the satelliete then expect a 5% cut?

If we do get like, 20 people for this tourny then we can pay 2 tickets, or have a 2nd place cash prize.

I mean realistically, say the winner takes a nice haul, like 2K. 1% is 20, that covers me for 2 weeks!
    The winner here has to fork up $300. Thats quite a bit imo. Sure he gets to keep 1700, but he could go into the thought process that he'd be $300 richer if he played the public satelliete.

We can of course adjust the tourny cut to differnet scenarios.
    A 20% cut of the prize pool of a Sunday Brawl on FTP would be adequate. The winner gets to keep alll of his bounties ($40 per!) and just forks up 20% of his "go deep" winnings.
    I played this once, got busted 36 for 1200, but I made 200 in bounties alone.
  • I've never been all that patient a person, so I went ahead and posted this:

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f8/cpf-league-play-give-go-23431/

it has the field shared at 70-30.

From what I can see of this thread, there are rather differing trains of thought...maybe even enough so to warrant 2 branches of league play.

I for one feel that a 30% share if very reasonable and fair. I feel this way, because I for one am coming from a school of thought that it allows me to partipate in buyins/fields I wouldn't normally take part in, so I for one would have no problem giving 30% away of a tournament I wouldn't have been in had I not taken part of this sort of league play.

Vekked, I understand where you're coming from too, so that's where I'm coming from in seeing if the potential exists for 2 leagues, one perhaps that focuses on Sunday Majors with bigger satty buyins and a lower % to the field of those who play the satty.
  • perhaps 2 seperate sattys are the way to go with 2 different pay outs, but I think we should focus on startign one at first. Either way I'll play with in both.