Brampton NL Home Tournament! Sept 18

13»

Comments

• jbird8306 wrote: »
    Hey AJ, can you PM me your address please?

ummmmmmm okay...PM sent

Haven't you been here before though????
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Call ahead of time first. Just to make sure. Goes for all interested in playing the cash game.

PM you number. I should probably grab your card next time I'm at your place. :)
  • Icedog wrote: »
    PM you number. I should probably grab your card next time I'm at your place. :)

PM sent
  • I am up and alive.... questioning last night but that's a whole different storey..... I have to make several dump runs then I am coming out. If I'm late AJ blind me in I will eventually be there. don't have your number so I can't call.
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    I am up and alive.... questioning last night but that's a whole different storey..... I have to make several dump runs then I am coming out. If I'm late AJ blind me in I will eventually be there. don't have your number so I can't call.

No worries Joe, we'll blind you in for the first hour
  • add me to the list please.
  • WAY ahead of you. You're replacing DJGolfCan, he can't make it.
    You're replacing DJGolfCan, he can't make it.

Good! That SOB got game!
    No worries Joe, we'll blind you in for the first hour

I am out the door now.... see you in a little bit.
  • Cash game starts at 4pm

If you want in and know how to get here, just show up. 1/2 NL

If you want in and don't know where we are, PM me for address/contact info.
  • How's the tourny going? Lots of people?
  • hey AJ can you please pm me your contact as well. I am guessing the tourney already started. wouldnt mind joining the cash game. thanks
  • Just call me . . . Kris. &%$#*

Apparently A3c>A9h.

I am reading the wrong books.
  • l_othar wrote: »
    hey AJ can you please pm me your contact as well. I am guessing the tourney already started. wouldnt mind joining the cash game. thanks

PM sent

Tourney is three handed. Everyone waiting for the cash game to start.
  • thanks for hosting the game AJ. Certainly seemed to be a game of heart break for us both. First, you looked good after a quadruple up only to bust with pocket 10s and just as I started to gather my momentum, I busted in a race with my pockets 10s to the chip leader's AQ.

Chips were nice, players friendly. Will be back!
  • Great day AJ, didn't hit a set once, but sure ran into them especially in the cash game. Oh Well next time. Congradualtions to my brother for his chop, with Garry who to first.

Prophet 22
  • Great tourney, as always, AJ. No shame in bubbling with the field at play today. Just wish I could have doubled up on Cam instead of busting.

Aaah . . . well. Back to the Hill this week.
  • Cash game just broke up. Sam was the big winner in the cash, up almost 8 buyins. Cam I think broke even, as did Garry, the rest of us were down I believe.

Tournament was Garry in first for $390, Cam in second for $220 I believe after the chop, and Keith took third for $170. Milo bubbled.

Thanks for coming out everyone. Think it went pretty well. Hope everyone had a good time and willing to come out again in the future.
    Cam in second

The rebuy paid off!
  • Great day AJ, been a while since I've been able to make it out..... I am glad Gary made good use of my chips when I pushed with air into his set of J's..... bad read, next time.....
  • Aj thanks for having this it was a very good time being back at your place you are always very hospitital thanks to you and your wife. i was very luckey to be able to buy back one of the empty spots after 45 min what was funny was the secon d spot i got had lost only 400 chips. went into last 10 people as one of lower stack under 15000 and held my own till first 2 got out thent went on a tare up to 43000. 3 handed started i was at 55000 to 60000 this played for at least 2 hours with no real change than i lost a big hand and was down to 15000 or so and finnaly woke up with AA got it all in with Keith with AK got back up to 35000 up and down for another hour or so finnally able to chopp with Gary great game Gary & Keith that was a 3 handed MARATHON.
  • BLAZIN 72 wrote: »
    3 handed started i was at 55000 to 60000 this played for at least 2 hours with no real change than i lost a big hand and was down to 15000 or so and finnaly woke up with AA got it all in with Keith with AK got back up to 35000 up and down for another hour or so finnally able to chopp with Gary great game Gary & Keith that was a 3 handed MARATHON.

Highlighted the important points here...you guys played 3way longer than I played the entire tournament...three way lasted a solid 6 levels!!! Each player had very good stacks and the blinds weren't too aggressive whatsoever. Matter of fact, I think maybe they were abit too friendly. Going to run them though Skill model and see where it comes up as, but I'm thinking of tweaking the structure abit for next time.
  • Patience Factor 13.75
    Skill Level 6

13.75? No wonder Garry won. He just waiting everyone out!
  • AJ

Thanx for hosting another great event, the new tourney and cash chips are sweet...

The tournament structure was excellent, maybe a liitle less play in the middle or end might have made it go quicker but I think with a few more people that changes things. I was only all in twice, my set against Joe, thanx Joe I needed that :) and then when we were 3 handed, even then I didn't feel like I had to push.

All in all it was a great day of poker great seeing Brent, Cam and Joe again....looking forward to the next one

Garry
  • Good Game Garry. You played very well. Of course, as the inaugural Champion of this series, you will have to defend next time. Up for it?

I'll try to schedule the next event in October, but as I said, there's a lot of great games over the next little while, and I'll have to find a time/day when I won't be infringing on any of the other games coming up. I'll keep you all posted.

BTW...trying to think of a catchy name for this proposed monthly series. If you have an idea, let me know.
  • Perhaps skip late October as it looks crowded, and go with early November? This makes it easier for December as well, and allows you to back up to mid January for the 4th event.

As for a title, I would suggest Nitty Gritty Poker Tour, if you want to stay with a Bramalea theme. I have used it for some of my tournies, as it alludes to the Nitty-Gritty-Brama-Ching-Wing-Ding, which was an annual fall event in Bramalea when I was a kid.

You could also go with Tall Pines Poker, as Chinguacousy translates to "Land of the Tall Pines", iirc.