Let's go to the Ex!

Just got my VIP invite in the mail today, so need to get down there next week sometime to pick up my pass.

For anyone not on the list, I believe it is 4 hours play gets you a pass in to the EX and free parking once it officially opens.

Looking for someone to head down with me next week Wed/Thurs aft/Fri.

Comments

• Friday afternoon after work for me is tempting...
  • I may head down on Friday around 5 after woirk. Also got a VIP letter. Not sure what the difference is from a regular pass? I know one of the managers so I can avoid the wait list if he is working. I will find out his schedule for the week.
  • is it limit poker only?
  • toronto416 wrote: »
    is it limit poker only?

Yes, 5-10 and 10-20 only.
  • The difference is you can just pick up your pass with no play requirements.
  • moose wrote: »
    The difference is you can just pick up your pass with no play requirements.

how do you get that?
  • Well first you play four hours...then you wait one year...
    Well first you play four hours...then you wait one year...

hmm i did that last year and did not get said pass... i remember last year them saying you have to play 4 hrs then they give you a pass good for the next day then you come back and repeat til they give you another pass and so on but that could be because the cne had already started
  • There is only a limited number of VIP passes. If you go before the Ex opens and get one the pass will be good the entire time the CNE is open.
    There is only a limited number of VIP passes. If you go before the Ex opens and get one the pass will be good the entire time the CNE is open.

doesn't it also get you free entry to the CNE when the regular CNE starts?
    Just got my VIP invite in the mail today, so need to get down there next week sometime to pick up my pass.

For anyone not on the list, I believe it is 4 hours play gets you a pass in to the EX and free parking once it officially opens.

Looking for someone to head down with me next week Wed/Thurs aft/Fri.

Have fun at the CNE!

CNE is a dump. I've seen horse barns with more class.
    Don't even consider buying any of the "food" they offer. Bring something to eat.
    Expect a wait worse than Fallsview. Bring something to read.
    The dealers are awful (no offense BlondFish). Be careful that they don't push your pot to the wrong player.

The rake is 150% compared to Brantford on the 5/10. $7.50 vs $5

There is one redeeming quality of the CNE.

Fish.

The horrid players makes it all worthwhile.
  • Expect a wait worse than Fallsview.

people actually wait for a seat :)
  • Have fun at the CNE!

CNE is a dump. I've seen horse barns with more class.
    Don't even consider buying any of the "food" they offer. Bring something to eat.
    Expect a wait worse than Fallsview. Bring something to read.
    The dealers are awful (no offense BlondFish). Be careful that they don't push your pot to the wrong player.

The rake is 150% compared to Brantford on the 5/10. $7.50 vs $5

There is one redeeming quality of the CNE.

Fish.

The horrid players makes it all worthwhile.

3rd time is the charm
  • Some of the dealers have been really decent. I've only had 2 of about 12 make major mistakes.

Limit is so annoying sometimes but man people are willing to stuff a bunch of money in the pot with middle/bottom pair. (5-10, can't speak for the 10-20 as I don't have the guts or the role to play there)

Get in before 5 on a weekday and your wait shouldn't be long. go on a weekend and you are in trouble. I'd get your VIP this week if you can as they ran out of the parking passes last year.
  • If you're a bear, then you can wait until the salmon fill the streams and gorge in a giant pig out.

This is what the CNE is.

24 tables of fish all swimming upstream to spew and then die.

If you *ever* considered playing limit poker. Then this is the time to go.
  • how many big bets would do the job if you are going to sit at one of these games? the standard 25 BB? or could you sit in there with around 15-20 and say it would be difficult to bust due to the bad players
  • I learned my lesson last year when I let myself get down to 8BB before rebuying and then hit a very decent 3 way pot where I couldn't extract any more.

Seems about 25 works. A lot of people sit down with 20, bust, then buy back in in 10BB segments. 25 should have about any pot covered with the cap at 4 bets (heads up is unlimited raises)

(Again, 5/10 only : )
  • If you *ever* considered playing limit poker. Then this is the time to go.

I should refresh my old post on limit being the devil. Chase or be chased I guess is the moral of the story.
  • bass wrote: »
    how many big bets would do the job if you are going to sit at one of these games? the standard 25 BB? or could you sit in there with around 15-20 and say it would be difficult to bust due to the bad players

There are so many really retarded players at the CNE that you want to have enough to cover the table.

That way when you get heads up vs an idiot who's drawing dead you can get his whole stack.

Preflop I went 23 bets with somebody when I had AA. He spiked a 9 for a set of course.

But that's not the point. The point is to have the opportunity to get big amounts in. Some of these guys can't read the board and don't know what the nuts is.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I should refresh my old post on limit being the devil. Chase or be chased I guess is the moral of the story.

Limit is the devil.

You have to go in there *expecting* to get bad beats. That's your job.
    But you *will* win in the long run.
  • So how are the games? Is it juicy as the years before? Are the players better, worse or the same. I haven't been to cne since 2008.
  • so heads up you have unlimited raises.... oh my thats not really limit
  • Limit is the devil.

You have to go in there *expecting* to get bad beats. That's your job.
    But you *will* win in the long run.

Don't have patience for this game...way too slow for my tastes. I guess if you always played NL live, its hard to switch over to limit. The lack of air con at the CNE didn't help either. Hopefully that has been resolved this year .
  • I would stay away from 5-10.
  • Moose and I played 5 10 last year, it was profitable for both of us.......
  • AcidJoe wrote: »
    Moose and I played 5 10 last year, it was profitable for both of us.......

Wasn't it 10/20? The poker room has A/C.
  • You want to play all games well enough so that when a good opportunity comes to make some money you can take advantage of it.

This is one of those opportunities.

Limit may not be your best game but this is too fishy to walk away from.
  • bass wrote: »
    so heads up you have unlimited raises.... oh my thats not really limit

it is in Vegas, where do you play?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    it is in Vegas, where do you play?

lulz didnt know that i just play FL online thought it would be the same live... guess not