Computer help

2»

Comments

• compuease wrote: »
    You can move the etc but NOT the programs, they have to be re-installed. :)
    ahhh....very misread...not sure how i graduated...

edit: these days reinstalling is pretty much faster anyways
  • Wow, I knew you guys were going to come up with the correct and most horrible answers. Now I have to find the product keys for all this stuff. I have a 1Tb ext. drive to move all data to, but I guess I have to reinstall everything else.

In university I was going to write a paper about the social influence of the little progress bars at the bottom of screens since their inception. Maybe I should go back and see my notes from back then.
  • Now I have to find the product keys for all this stuff.

If you can't find them I have a little program that can retrieve your Microsoft product keys, windows (all versions), Office, etc.
    If you can't find them I have a little program that can retrieve your Microsoft product keys, windows (all versions), Office, etc.
    and thats how fast technology is...

If you mean Belarc, I already ran that one for that stuff (thanks for telling me about that the last time you helped me out too by the way! It's great), but I mean all the other stuff like tournament director, pokertracker, etc. etc.

Then I have to find that 5 year old piece of paper with all my passwords to all the damn sites I use.... Tomorrow isn't going to be a fun day. But at the end I'll be happy.
  • You don't just remember your passwords, key codes, product keys and the like? I thought you young guys had good memories? Back in my day.......

Oh wait, I don't remember back in my day.....
  • Back in your day you just had to carry around your password punchcard in your pocket protector. I believe Darb would say "Bazinga" or something similar at this point.

No, there's too many passwords to remember these days. Nobody can keep track of them all. A friend runs some software that generates passwords and maintains them in some encrypted format, then gives you one master password you need to keep track of. I should try and track him down today.

Anyhoo, I don't even remember my PFC password so if I'm not back on in a few days...
  • break out the champagne?

Now THAT was a BAZINGA!