NHL Offseason Thread

2»

Comments

• Who will be the Flames under-achieving - over-paid centre aquired at the draft this year. Heard they are interested in the Spezza sweepstakes.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    YAY no Marleau!

But at 6.9 per I shutter to think what someone is gonna pay Kovalchuck.

and Pavelski got himself a nice 4mil per season with his playoff run. Won't the sharks be over the cap?
  • Capgeek has them with 14 players signed and 12M to spare after todays signings.

But that doesnt include Setoguchi whos a RFA.

Theyre letting Nab walk with his 6M contract.....
  • A lot of money for a choke cherry tree. Kovalchuk is useless and not worth the money he is getting. I think he will end up in La La Land. The Kings like shelling out big bucks for big duds.
    It will be interesting to see what GM is stupid enough to pick up Nab the Nob and another outrageous contract if the Sharks don't keep him.

I am really interested to see how Buff does in Atlanta. He doesn't have Kane to set him up. He will be lucky to get 10 goals.

The Scabs err sorry I mean Habs should get the Doh award for not keeping Halak and giving Price his plane ticket. GOOD MOVE. Being a Leaf fan I LIKE IT.
    Probably will not make the playoffs next year. Price is like Raycroft JFJ would be all over that if someone would give him a GM's Job. lol
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    He doesn't have Kane to set him up.

Yes, he does.
  • Apparently the Leafs are getting Versteeg . . . looks like the Hawks done blowed up REAL good . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Apparently the Leafs are getting Versteeg . . . looks like the Hawks done blowed up REAL good . . .

<<<<<Likes it. Stalberg=not impressed (yet).
  • Did not say I didn't like it . . . Versteeg is a proven commodity at a decent price. I like the deal, and some of Burke's other acquisitions, too.
  • Like this one?

Forward Colby Armstrong has signed a three-year, $9 million contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The richest club in the league sure loves its mediocre to average type players
  • anyone else think darryl sutter and the flames organization are a bunch of morons? getting rid of jokinen and tanguay yet bringing them back 1 or 2 years later because their waaaay better players than last time around...darryl u are a re-tard.
  • actyper wrote: »
    Like this one?

Forward Colby Armstrong has signed a three-year, $9 million contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Proven 20 goal a season scorers are not exactly low-hanging fruit. His truculence will endear him to local fans, not to mention team-mates. Armstrong is a good signing, if not a stand-out.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Proven 20 goal a season scorers are not exactly low-hanging fruit. His truculence will endear him to local fans, not to mention team-mates. Armstrong is a good signing, if not a stand-out.

Lol at the Kool-aid drinkers.

5 - # of years in the NHL for Colby Armstrong

1 - # of years Colby has scored 20 goals. Topped out at 22 goals in 2008. 22 also happens to be Versteeg's season high.

Also to anyone laughing at the Habs move with Halak, I will bet they have more points next season with Price at the helm than they did last year. Any takers?

Halak is going to cash in on his playoff run. Habs now have the opportunity to sign Price long term for a great deal or short term for a better deal. Money saved will be spent elsewhere and once again Habs > Leafs. Yawn.
  • Not a Kool-Aid drinker at all, Mole, just like both moves. Leafs will be more consistent this coming season, which is a good thing, even if it is consistently mediocre (which it is). Once you become consisten in your play, it is easier to figure out the most blatant deficiencies, and work to improve them (STOP LAUGHING :D).

Bottom line is, I expect the Leafs to squeak into the playoffs, and go out in 6 games to whomever they draw. See?!? Consistency . . .
    <<<<<Likes it. Stalberg=not impressed (yet).

How should he impress you?
    fast= yes
    Size= yes
    Physical play= can but honestly not always
    Finish= not consistent enough for a first line

Watched the Leafs trade Blaine Stoughton after I has watched him pre-season and first year.

Predicted he would definitely be a 50 goal scorer

He proved me right, but not a s a Leaf

Stalberg has skills tha t the Leafs better not be quick to let go, I see 40 goals a season in his future

Milton "Fortune Teller" Slim
  • ddmilcan wrote: »

Stalberg has skills tha t the Leafs better not be quick to let go, I see 40 goals a season in his future

Only 7 players scored 40+ in the league last year. They have names like Kovalchuk, Crosby, Ovechkin. Thes are the elite forwards in the league.

I do not see him becoming an elite franchise player.

A very good forward, possible.
  • actyper wrote: »
    Like this one?

Who?? 9 million,lol
    Only 7 players scored 40+ in the league last year. They have names like Kovalchuk, Crosby, Ovechkin. Thes are the elite forwards in the league.

I do not see him becoming an elite franchise player.

A very good forward, possible.

only a few were scoring 50 when I predicted Stoughton would....

watch, I like what I see, plus I'm older than you, don't argue with your elders

OLD Slim from Milton:):)
  • I bow to your wisdom sir.

Plus I dont know who Stoughton is.........
  • wtf is Sutter doing??.......Olly olly Okinen again?

Sutter will be fired by Christmas.....he's clearly off his rocker
    I bow to your wisdom sir.

Plus I dont know who Stoughton is.........

Jeez, does Blaine Stoughton not show up on a google search?

Yup, there he is . . .

Blaine Stoughton hockey statistics & profile at hockeydb.com
  • I am just catching up here folks. Stalberg will never score 40 in a leaf jersey. I like Versteeg. Wow talk about a Major Implosion. WTF are the Chicagee Black Hawks doing.
    Versteeg is a good forward can play either wing and center and will be a good fit with Kessel. Colby Armstrong, (No Relation) I can't see him playing on the top line and lets see if he gets 10.
    As for the Flames I think Sutter was hit too many times in the head during his career and has no idea what planet he is on.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    Stalberg will never score 40 in a leaf jersey.

But watch him have much better than average scoring percentage.

Wetts = soooooo young!!!!!!!!!!!

Milton "soooooo old" Slim