World cup

Comments

• Italy is GONE!!
  • I have heard that Campari is basically the fermented tears of Italian footie fans . . . :o
  • Is Slovakia a good warm up game for Brazil? Brazil is your only hurdle to the final!

We have to go through England and Argentina just to get to the semi! Injuries are going to be a big problem for us!

Who is "us"? Are you cheering for Germany, GP? If so, I have some more bad news for you . . . Schweinsteiger is out for the England game.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    good Italy game right now...

No such thing at this World Cup. Heading into this match the Italians had conceded goals on EVERY (on target) shot they faced this time around.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Who is "us"? Are you cheering for Germany, GP? If so, I have some more bad news for you . . . Schweinsteiger is out for the England game.

Yes, Germany. Yes, I heard! :(
  • England gets to refight two old adversaries . . . Germany first and, in all likelihood, the Argies after that.

Sorry, GP, but I do not think England is a good match-up for your boys, despite their poor performance so far.
  • I have no illusions about our chances! They are slim. We must play much better than we have in the last 2 games, for sure! I just hope the English squad continues to bicker over the lassies!

Edit: I mean slim to win the whole thing! Even money to beat England!
  • Podolski!!

Germany is playing some beautiful football!
  • Wow! This game should be tied! They need some video replay in this game!
  • England were robbed of the tying goal, no question . . . but they looked totally deflated beginning the second half, and there is NO excuse for that. They should have been all over the German team in their anger at being jobbed. Instead, they rolled over and exposed their throats, save for a short flurry.

Players who should NEVER play another match for the 3 Lions:
    Upson (too slow)
    Terry (too slow, and too old)
    Lampard (never seems too produce)
    Carragher (a loyal servant but see above)

Sadly, I think Capello will fall on his sword for this debacle. If the FA had balls they would tell him to stick around and fix the damn mess they helped create.
  • Netherlands 2
    Brazil 1

ORANJE BOVEN
  • Is this stupid thing not over yet, just give the netherlands the trophy and let's move on.

btw the tour de france starts this weekend!
  • Everybody take their shots?!? All right then . . .

ON YOUR BIKES, RUSSIANS . . .
  • Germany/Netherlands final?
  • philliivey wrote: »
    btw the tour de france starts this weekend!

How did your parents take the news that you're ghey?
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    How did your parents take the news that you're ghey?

HUH:confused:

Did not even include it's northeren european idiots country, you know Hellmuth will be right into it :P
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Germany/Netherlands final?

Either that or Argentina. Both of them have beaten the NEtherlands in the Final before, but revenge will be sweeter against the Argies . . .
    Germany/Netherlands final?

Works for me!
  • Semi-final match starts in just over an hour . . .

Netherlands 2 - Uruguay 1

I've got Spain over the Germans tomorrow, as it's the only way to win my pool.

HUP HOLLAND HUP !!!
  • Hup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've got Spain over the Germans tomorrow, as it's the only way to win my pool.

Sorry for your loss! Goodluck today, although I do not believe you will need luck!
  • Gooooo Oranje!!!!!
    Gooooo Oranje!!!!!

This man speaks the truth!:)
  • Through gritted teeth I say, "Well Done", to Spain for their triumph in the World Cup Final 2010 . . .
    Through gritted teeth I say, "Well Done", to Spain for their triumph in the World Cup Final 2010 . . .

:(
  • You mean that thing is finally over? Thank god.. :p
  • compuease wrote: »
    You mean that thing is finally over? Thank god.. :p

+1:wink2:

I did call Holland in finals though;)
  • philliivey wrote: »
    +1:wink2:

I did call Holland in finals though;)

+2. Only 6 more weeks until the REAL football starts.
  • I'm off to do what all good Dutch boys do in a crisis . . . stick my finger in the nearest dyke. This would have been sooooo much easier a week or two back . . .

Oh, and real Football HAS begun . . . or did you miss the Argo victory Friday night.