HST credit

wooot! Just got mine in the mail, Should I hit the 1/2 tables with it:D.

Seriously I will prob put it aside so when we get raped July 1 it won't hurt as bad:p

Anyone else get it yet?

Comments

• Not yet. You'd think if they were going to bribe me, they'd at least be quick about it.
  • Tax rakeback ftw!
  • wtf how do you guys get it?
  • We're poor . . .
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    wtf how do you guys get it?

Families earning under 160k/year get back $1000 (333/333/334) whoopdy fuking doooo.

I always laugh when The Dalton Gang calls it "Revenue Neutral". Def not payment neutral on my end.

Oh well $1000 buys a lot of vasoline.
    Milo wrote: »
    We're poor . . .

Not according to the NDP.
  • Milo wrote: »
    We're poor . . .

this
    Hobbes wrote: »
    Families earning under 160k/year get back $1000 (333/333/334) whoopdy fuking doooo.

I always laugh when The Dalton Gang calls it "Revenue Neutral". Def not payment neutral on my end.

Oh well $1000 buys a lot of vasoline.

Not according to the NDP.

and this
  • Give 'em time Hobbes, give 'em time. Remember Bob Rae?

As for the HST, yup we will all be paying more after Canada Day, for everything. But this will be better for the economy as a whole and, long term, there will be price reductions in certain areas. At least, that has been the experience in other jurisdictions that have gone this route.

We'll see . . . I don't like tax increases, but any improvement for the economy means fewer jobs are likely to go by the wayside.
  • son of a.... So we got the HST initiative here in BC as well, is this an ontario grant or a Canada-wide grant?
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    son of a.... So we got the HST initiative here in BC as well, is this an ontario grant or a Canada-wide grant?

Ontario bribe ... er I mean grant.
  • wtf so if combined family income > 160K we get fuckall? Like the actual HST doesnt apply to everyone?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    wtf so if combined family income > 160K we get fuckall? Like the actual HST doesnt apply to everyone?

No you just get less, if your making 160k, I don't think you would give a hoot about a few hundred.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    No you just get less, if your making 160k, I don't think you would give a hoot about a few hundred.

So you believe in the Robin Hood theory?
    So you believe in the Robin Hood theory?

Yup!

Except it is the rich get richer nowadays:)

You don't tell them about your poker income wetts, geeeesh :p
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Yup!

Except it is the rich get richer nowadays:)

You don't tell them about your poker income wetts, geeeesh :p

So then lets be real and not call it a tax credit.

I am not being credited for the increased taxes I am going to be paying.

Lets be real and call it social assistance.
    So then lets be real and not call it a tax credit.

I am not being credited for the increased taxes I am going to be paying.

Lets be real and call it social assistance.

coool, I don't care what it is called really;)

I do lol that they say it's going to help the economy, NOT!

I also lol that people got it today but they dated it for tomorrow and banks won't take it.:rolleyes2:
  • The HST will be a good thing for Ontario's economy. It will also shift the tax burden more to consumers rather than corporations. Consumption taxes, by their nature, are inherently more fair than, say income tax.

Wetts, I reject the idea of these payments as social assistance. They are a bribe, pure and simple. The intent is to mollify people's anger over the impending increase to their level of taxation (bet you tax freedom day moves to late June next year). The fact that the gov't is doing this over time is just another way to help deflect anger heading into the (distant) provincial election.

Also, calling out Wetts for his poker winnings is bush-league. He may play like a pro, but it is not his sole source of income (to my knowledge), and therefore should remain beyond the reach of the CRA.
    Wetts, I reject the idea of these payments as social assistance. They are a bribe, pure and simple. .

I support this description.
  • Hey wetts and Milo, can you just imagine if Kristy was here................:o:D
    Also, calling out Wetts for his poker winnings is bush-league. He may play like a pro, but it is not his sole source of income (to my knowledge), and therefore should remain beyond the reach of the CRA.

not current enough on hst, forget what i read, i just know taxes help the tax conscious and take from the un educated. as for wetts, those ft's after that rant was uncalled for.

maybe i don't understand but in b.c. the are trying to reverse the hst position. did the government pre give money so people would have to give it back if they voted no?
  • is everyone supposed to get this credit? Where the hell is mine! lol
  • CompleXEH wrote: »
    is everyone supposed to get this credit? Where the hell is mine! lol

hahahaha, you must be too rich:p:p:p:p
  • Quoted from the HST website..

Family benefit, ie couple.. or single parent
    A family with income of up to $160,000 would receive three benefits: $330 in June 2010, $335 in December 2010 and $335 in June 2011. The maximum benefits would be reduced by five per cent of family income over $160,000, so a family with income of $163,000, for example, would receive one benefit payment of $180 and two benefit payments of $185 each. Families with income over $166,700 ($166,600 for the June 2010 benefit) would not receive a benefit.

Single, no dependants..
    A single person with no children and income of up to $80,000 would receive a benefit of $100 in each of June 2010, December 2010 and June 2011. The maximum benefit would be reduced by five per cent of income over $80,000, so a single person with income of $81,000, for example, would receive three benefits of $50 each. Single people with income over $82,000 would not receive a benefit.

Looks like you single guys need to either get married or find a kid to support real quick... :)
  • haha yea I got my pay.....not getting married until next year :(
  • Got my bribe today, along with some government propaganda. Fittingly, it arrived in a plain brown envelope.
  • Instead of a credit, I received a bill for $1600 for my taxes owing in 2009.

Being on EI sucks!
  • Got mine.

Beat: I told the wife about it and she says "Oh I thought is was poker money" :(
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Got mine.

Beat: I told the wife about it and she says "Oh I thought is was poker money" :(

and you says "uh It is!"
    and she says "what?"
    and you say "huh"

sources: superbad
  • darbday wrote: »
    and you says "uh It is!"
    and she says "what?"
    and you say "huh"

sources: superbad

Tried that. Got called on :bs:
  • Mine's gone. NEw BBQ is my Father's Day present. Did not have the heart to tell her I want more chips.
  • So if you get it, gst credit is suppose to have been sent out this week, have not got mine yet and really hoping it would come before weekend, only 1 day left, ugh!.