Question Week: wildbill7145

2»

Comments

• Nigella Lawson? Seriously? Giada de Laurentis I could "get behind" (oooooohh . . . if only for about two minutes), but

Nigella Lawson?

Oh, and the whole church/state thingy is meant to protect religions from governments, rather than the other way 'round.

Okay, lets fit a question in here. Why painting? I am assuming that the painting you refer to is of the home/office/whatever they'll pay you to refurbish, rather than the "naked broad on a couch" kind. I mean, we are men of the world, right? There are better things to do with a naked woman and a couch, amirite?
  • What is the best Warren Zevon song you have ever heard?

You are NOT allowed to answer with Werewolves of London . . .
  • Sadly, I had no clue who that person was until you said Werewolves of London. I don't know any of his other songs. That one is great though.
  • Try to find the following tracks:

Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner

Hit Somebody.

The latter is an awesome tribute to hockey goons . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Nigella Lawson? Seriously? Giada de Laurentis I could "get behind" (oooooohh . . . if only for about two minutes), but

Nigella Lawson?

Oh, and the whole church/state thingy is meant to protect religions from governments, rather than the other way 'round.

Okay, lets fit a question in here. Why painting? I am assuming that the painting you refer to is of the home/office/whatever they'll pay you to refurbish, rather than the "naked broad on a couch" kind. I mean, we are men of the world, right? There are better things to do with a naked woman and a couch, amirite?

She's hot, and she continually does that little nod of her head that turns me on.

Personally I would rather the government protected me from religions.

Why painting... Yes I'm a house, etc. painter. After being laid off from my job of going into prisons as a social worker where I got to interview everyone from the poorest junkie on the street to multimillionaire drug dealers and hitmen....and turning down a potential opportunity with a large US criminal syndicate.....I just didn't know what to do with myself. EI almost ran out and a buddy had me start helping him with handyman stuff. Eventually I decided to do what I do best and became a painter during the massive housing boom in Vancouver. It was great. Right now I'm painting in a supposedly haunted house where some guy stored bodies in the basement. I went in the basement for the first time yesterday. It wasn't fun as I only had a flashlight.

As for the other kind of painting, I can't draw an even average looking stick figure.

Yes, there are significantly more interesting things to do with a woman on a couch. My living room is currently too small to allow the presence of a couch however, so....we make do.
  • 3..Briefly, pro choice for sure. All women should have control over their own bodies. I'm in an area where I see billboards all the time along the highway with pro life messages on them from all sorts of religious groups. Always frustrating and I'm sure they cause accidents in some way shape or form.

The church should have nothing whatsoever to do with the governance of the state. I'm an atheist and don't particularly see why someone elses religious views should have anything to do with my way of life or how the country I live in is run. However, I understand how they can see the opposite based on their beliefs. But they are wrong and confused and I'm not.

The prohibition of narcotics is for the most part a failure. It's been proven again and again and again and again. Same with prohibition of gambling. They are economies unto themselves and have always existed and will always exist in almost every culture throughout human history. Full stop, end of sentence. (But it fills prisons, budgets and pockets on all sides.)

I do admit that I ask questions like this because I am curious about a person's stance on these but also curious about how similar they are to my own personal views. Wow, it's like I answered them myself. I echo your sentiments in every one on every level. I think that's pretty damn cool.
    Nigella Lawson? Seriously? Giada de Laurentis I could "get behind" (oooooohh . . . if only for about two minutes), but

Nigella Lawson?

Once again, have to side with Wildbill on this one. Nigella is by far the food tv personality that does it for me the most. Must be the accent. Giada is a cutie, too be sure, but Nigella... Yum!

As for the church and state thingy. The churches no longer require protection, they have tons. Too much IMO. What we need to protect is governments falling under excessive influence of religious movements. Hence, Wildbill's previous astute statement.

Questions:

Favourite pro sports team?

Favourite pro sports competitor (all-time) and why?

If we asked the people in your life to describe you in three words, which words would they choose? Keep in mind, what other people would choose. Not what you would choose.
  • Do not disagree with either of you, re: church v. state, except to remind that many of the the founding ideals of our nation, and many others have their basis in Judeo-Christian theology. But lets move on . . .

What is your opinion of cats?

Would you ever work for one?

Does the Mrs. like cats?

What other domestic animals might one day reside in casa wildbill?

Do you enjoy Mixed Martial Arts?

If there is a Poker Expo this year, would you make the trip down to the big smoke, if you had a place to crash?
  • Shtebs wrote: »
    Once again, have to side with Wildbill on this one. Nigella is by far the food tv personality that does it for me the most. Must be the accent. Giada is a cutie, too be sure, but Nigella... Yum!

As for the church and state thingy. The churches no longer require protection, they have tons. Too much IMO. What we need to protect is governments falling under excessive influence of religious movements. Hence, Wildbill's previous astute statement.

Questions:

Favourite pro sports team?

Favourite pro sports competitor (all-time) and why?

If we asked the people in your life to describe you in three words, which words would they choose? Keep in mind, what other people would choose. Not what you would choose.

Used to be a Blackhawks fan. We had one of those home hockey game setups. My older brothers had already claimed the Leafs and Habs. I ended up with the Hawks. Moved to Vancouver and adopted the Nucks and became a huge fan. Moved back to Ontario and will not ever support the Laffs in any way shape or form. Hard to watch Vancouver though when the games start at 10pm.

Cassius Clay. His confidence simply blew me away. His attitude simply put made him a winner. I admire people with that much confidence that can actually back it up in action.

"Funny" I like to make people laugh and most of the people I know laugh at my commentary/rants/jokes, etc. Especially my rants. I've always had people tell me I should have done standup comedy. People usually start laughing when I walk in a room....Hey? Wait a minute!

"Blunt" Friends have said I don't usually mince words when I'm talking to them about important issues and they appreciate this. I don't like to tiptoe around issues and if someone is lying to me or obfuscating an issue I have a reputation for bringing them back on track fairly quickly. That doesn't mean I bully people, but I try very hard to make sure I know exactly what they are talking about. It's a waste of time otherwise.

"reliable" My closest friends know they can count on me for anything at any point in time if it's required and I am able.

Those are all very lame descriptions of myself as I look back. My friends think I'm a loud mouthed sarcastic loser I guess. But I'm always there for them. That kind of sucks.
    Do not disagree with either of you, re: church v. state, except to remind that many of the the founding ideals of our nation, and many others have their basis in Judeo-Christian theology. But lets move on . . .

What is your opinion of cats?

Would you ever work for one?

Does the Mrs. like cats?

What other domestic animals might one day reside in casa wildbill?

Do you enjoy Mixed Martial Arts?

If there is a Poker Expo this year, would you make the trip down to the big smoke, if you had a place to crash?

Yup, that's the fun thing about religion. At some point, lots of us are just going to have to agree to disagree. As long as we all respect each others beliefs, that's all that matters.

I love cats. I used to be the most reliable cat sitter in Vancouver amongst my friends. I'm allergic to them and if I touch them and go anywhere near my eyes...they'll pretty much swell shut and burn. Bob likes cats as well. He'd love to pounce on grab and shake to death each and every one of them. The list is inclusive to racoons, skunks, chipmunks, birds, squirrels, etc. Not humans, nor other dogs.

Would I work for one......A cat.......Maybe...the day would probably be pretty mellow and relaxed with lots of breaks and naps. I've never contemplated whether cats would be fair in terms of salary. They seem generous, but sometimes a little nervy. That could cheapen them.

Mrs. had a great cat. She loves them and wishes we could have one. When we moved in together her cat lived with us for just under a year. A few very close calls with her and Bob, but he never touched her. She was old and eventually needed dental work. Died on the table when anaesthetic kicked in.

Can't really see anything else other than dogs. Not really interested in anything else and our house is so small we couldn't fit an ant farm in here.

I watched some MMA a while back. Hadn't in years. It really has changed over the years from the bloodbath it used to be. I definitely find it much more interesting to watch than boxing. They are completely different fighting styles though.

Poker expo.......Would be incredibly interesting to attend. Would obviously depend on work, etc. GF is becoming very strong in the arts of the pokers and has recently kicked my ass on several occasions. She'd probably like a trip to the Big Smoke.
  • random question from a random read....why do people say Cassius Clay when he asked to be called Muhammad Ali? And its not a shot because your not the only person who likes him to say it. And why can't i get rid of these italics?
  • Perhaps because Cassius Clay was his given name, and Muhammad Ali is a religious one . . . just saying

How often do people call you Bob?

Do you think that, as she becomes more socialized in the community at large, people will start calling you Queenie?

Can I be the first?
  • darbday wrote: »
    random question from a random read....why do people say Cassius Clay when he asked to be called Muhammad Ali? And its not a shot because your not the only person who likes him to say it. And why can't i get rid of these italics?

People generally like to call him Cassius Clay because they think it makes them look smart when someones says "Who's that?" and they get to explain what to most is obvious. Personally I just like the name as it fits for a boxer.

I have no clue about the italics.
    Perhaps because Cassius Clay was his given name, and Muhammad Ali is a religious one . . . just saying

How often do people call you Bob?

Do you think that, as she becomes more socialized in the community at large, people will start calling you Queenie?

Can I be the first?

I have been called Bob all my life. I have a brother named Bob, a dog named Bob, had two uncles named Bob. At first I thought it was due to that. However, I have had hundreds of people call me Bob who barely know me and have never met my brother or my dog. At this point I answer to Bob without even blinking.

First person who calls me Queenie will get a firm kick in the yarbles should they possess them.
  • So, what did you like best/least about this week?
    So, what did you like best/least about this week?

Well, apart from a few questions, I thought it was pretty easy. I actually just about shite myself when I saw the thread posted. I thought things were getting bumped back a week rather than ahead.

It was kind of tough getting home, walking the dogs, feeding them, cleaning multitudes of expensive paint brushes, cleaning up, starting a fire, showering, deciding with GF what to eat, cooking, cleaning again....then looking at her and saying "well baby, now I'm going to go on the interwebz and answer personal questions about myself with people I've never met." Thankfully she understood.

If I could give Shar any advice I'd just say be honest, don't take it too seriously and try and have fun. This is a community, not an interrogation team. But she's a bartender in Regina. I'm sure she's heard it all. Maybe she's been interrogated by a team?

I think I personally got off too easy. Perhaps my answers weren't exciting enough or something which can reduce interest. Nobody jumped at my comment of organized crime, dead bodies in basements, etc.. Perhaps some people are slightly losing interest in the idea as there are some people asking more questions than others. Novelty has fleeting friends at times. Who knows.

I personally think it's still a great idea to have introduced this to the forum, and I'm glad Muddguts brought it forward.