US$ - Will be break PAR again this week??

2»

Comments

• pokerJAH wrote: »
    Can't you transfer the funds to a US dollar account?
    Last time I did a cashout via bank wire transfer to a U$ account, U$42 in fees were deducted. Just about all the other cashout methods have to be converted to C$, so I've been trying cashing out in C$. I noticed today that even though the US dollar is still worth more at ~C$1.017, I ended up with less C$ than my U$ cashout because of the site's exchange spread! :(

For those who have used Moneybookers to do a wire transfer to a U$ account, how much total fees were deducted?
  • The big fees come from your bank and not moneybookers. Best idea is to just get a cheque from mb and then deposit to your usd account, that way your only paying $2 in fees or whatever it is.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Last time I did a cashout via bank wire transfer to a U$ account, U$42 in fees were deducted. Just about all the other cashout methods have to be converted to C$, so I've been trying cashing out in C$. I noticed today that even though the US dollar is still worth more at ~C$1.017, I ended up with less C$ than my U$ cashout because of the site's exchange spread! :(

For those who have used Moneybookers to do a wire transfer to a U$ account, how much total fees were deducted?

Well I don't have a usd account, but the first 2 times I was not charged anything, but the next 2 it was $15 each time.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by suitedpair

chinese curse - "may you live in interesting times". Seems we are there.

Milo wrote: »
    fyp.

Greek....chinese.....Macedonian......italian....., all the same right.......

(ducks the objects tossed his way.....)

Thanks Milo.
  • Loonie closed at 99.17c yesterday. So close!
  • I don't think we'll go above parity anytime soon. There seem to be too much resistance from an investment POV to allow it to go over parity. Although the news of GDP growth and all that is pushing it closer and closer to breaking parity, I envision is going over in a month or two, but just not as soon as people are hoping for.

Although you're taking this from a recent grad that's currently unemployed, so what do I know.

And btw...follow actyper's advice. It's best to get a cheque issued rather than do wire transfer. The bank is the reason why you're losing the $20-$40..that is their service charge for receiving the wire transfer.