RCVIII Official Team Thread

Official Team list

1. Milton Rocks
2. Top Set
3. Ching Hill
4. Kitchener Who
5. HBK
6. Fish
7. 2nd Milton team, now disbanded, some players may be available to play for other teams that are short.

Comments

• Consider the fish in. trying to figure out a new team name in the mean time.
  • No no no . . . FISH is a great name. Don't ever change, baby . . .
  • So as of this moment we only have 7 teams confirmed, am I correct? Looks like interest may be waning... Where's Pinhead this time? Anyone in contact with him? And is there going to be a Barrie/North of Toronto team... Would not like to see this run with less than 8 teams. Do we perhaps want to just drop this to a once a year thing instead of trying to do it twice? Just doesn't seem to be as much positive energy this time around.... :(
  • Pinhead can't field a team. Guelph is out. There may be a player or two that might play.
  • Ok, I have tentatively found a 2nd team from Milton. They are from a league that runs fairly regularily here in Milton whom I have played with only once but if I'm a good judge of poker skill the rest of you are in trouble. Could be Milton 1 & 2.... :)
  • Team Milton Rock (to date)

Jeff (compuease), Greg (g2), Dave (ddmilcan), Bob (BigBob), Mark.

final 3 spots will be filled by about 10 applicants desperately trying to make qualification standards. :)

So how are the rest of the team captains doing in filling out their rosters?
  • Team HBK:

stpboy-Stud
    JohnnieH-Stud
    Itsame-Stud
    beanie42-Stud
    Kanga-PLO
    ineedanick-PLO
    Peteski-PLO
    Drtyore-PLO
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    Team HBK:

stpboy
    Drtyore
    Itsame
    beanie42
    Kanga
    ineedanick
    JohnnieH

and maybe shtebs.

A formidable team to be sure!
  • Waltsfriend
    Me
    Fran
    EZ
    Carrie
    +1
    confirmed, working on the rest.
  • Wolffhound-Omaha
    BigE-Stud
    Hellmuth's Mole-Stud
    Moose-Omaha
    Dead Money-Omaha
    Waterlooser-Stud
    phillivey-Omaha
    DataMn-Stud
  • Fish and Ching Hill updates? Also is there an 8th team captain lurking somewhere? Would really like at least 8 teams..
  • Ching Hill will be there, just need to finalize a few personal details.
  • Team HBK has picked up peteski since shtebs is out.
  • have 6 confirmed and waiting on confirmations from the last 2. just dont ask me who is playng what so far:eek2:
  • I'd like to respectfully request that the team captains please finalize your teams soon and get the lists of players and who is playing Stud/Omaha to one of us so we can get the seating assignments figured out.
  • I'm sorry, I'm nowhere near being able to finalize it..just put in TS1 and TS2
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    I'm sorry, I'm nowhere near being able to finalize it..just put in TS1 and TS2

No worries, you and the other captians still have time, but the sooner the better :)
  • Just to confirm the 2nd Milton team is now official, their captain Ron confirmed with me last night. You guys are now fighting for third... I will try to get him to post here asap.
  • compuease wrote: »
    Just to confirm the 2nd Milton team is now official, their captain Ron confirmed with me last night. You guys are now fighting for third... I will try to get him to post here asap.

Any word back from Profisher? That would give us 8 teams.
  • Unfortunately, I have to pull out of this one. I've asked another player to captain the team, so there will still be a contingent from The Hill. As soon as I hear from him, I'll let you know.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I have to pull out of this one. I've asked another player to captain the team, so there will still be a contingent from The Hill. As soon as I hear from him, I'll let you know.

Wow, that is bad news AJ, can't believe a Royal without you, hopefully all is ok...
    Wow, that is bad news AJ, can't believe a Royal without you, hopefully all is ok...

Nothing serious at all. My parents are moving from one town to another and all my brothers are helping out. They're getting up there, and the old man has a bad ticker, so we don't want him doing anything and the only way to ensure that he doesn't over exert himself is to make him go away for the day and the four of us handle it ourselves.

Yes, it will be the first RC I've missed, and I'm upset by that. But the payoff is Mom's homemade cooking!!
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    the only way to ensure that he doesn't over exert himself is to make him go away for the day and the four of us handle it ourselves.

Yes, it will be the first RC I've missed, and I'm upset by that. But the payoff is Mom's homemade cooking!!

Hey I got an idea! Why not send him to the Royal in your place, it gets him away and your team might even benefit...:p
    Hey I got an idea! Why not send him to the Royal in your place, it gets him away and your team might even benefit...:p

lol...the stairs would kill him...LITERALLY
  • I'll take people who haven't found the elevator yet for $200 Alex..

What are forum members that handle their alcohol better than I do?
  • 'sokay . . . there's bound to be a shopping cart around somewhere. :-X
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    I'd like to respectfully request that the team captains please finalize your teams soon and get the lists of players and who is playing Stud/Omaha to one of us so we can get the seating assignments figured out.

Bump.
  • So it looks like were finalized at 7 teams, 2 of them from Milton... Anyone still looking for players?
  • AJ- Who is the new ChingHill captain?
  • Wetts is. Think he's rounding up a couple of players still.