Question Week: Muddguts

2»

Comments

• Have you ever read any H.P. Lovecraft, whom Clive Barker referred to as one of the greatest non-modern classical (non-slasher, no blood) horror writers of all time?

I have a book of his stories downstairs and tried to read it once. I think I read The Shadow Over Innsmouth. The whole Cthulhu thing doesn't appeal to me. I don't seem to be "pulled in" by ole HP.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    What's your favorite midnight snack?

it's usually a bowl of cereal or toast and PB. It should be nothing, I have to cut that snacking out damnit!
    STR82ACE wrote: »
    Whats your most missed memory?

I forget
    Whats your favorite season?

Fall, without question. I love the brisk air, the changing of the leaves and since I am into the horror movies and such, Halloween is my favourite holiday which is obviously in the fall. Lots to love about the Fall.
    Do you prefer Blondes or Brunettes?

brunettes.
    What would you like me to call you as, other than your name?

just call me dum spelled backwards :-)
    Why haven't I signed up for Question Week thingy you have going on?

I thought it was two reasons. 1) because it would take too much time and you have a busy job and b) your daughter won't let you use the computer all night. If both are the case, we could compromise and all agree to just ask you one question a day instead of 3 or 4 a day. Shall I put you down? :D
  • You have now been a member of PFC for a year. How has this site improved your life in terms of your ability to play poker and otherwise?
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    Shall I put you down? :D

Sure what the hell. Can't imagine what anyone would want to know about me that they don't already know though, but it could be fun.
  • With regards to possessions, do you consider yourself a minimalist or do retain things in hopes they will come in handy in the future?

What power tools do you own? Do you use them often?

You mentioned you work on an assembly line. Do you find people are able to engage in stimulating conversations while working? (not a negative comment re assembly line work, I've done it as well)

Have you ever injured yourself, come close to seriously injuring yourself while at work?
  • You have now been a member of PFC for a year. How has this site improved your life in terms of your ability to play poker and otherwise?

It hasn't improved my poker game dramatically because I haven't really studied the strategy sections but I do respect the knowledge of the people here and since I have only played one game since November, I will be doing a refresher on this forum for my next game. I did post something the other day looking for opinions on a hand I was in but only got one response.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Sure what the hell. Can't imagine what anyone would want to know about me that they don't already know though, but it could be fun.

It will be fun, bwaa hahaha!!!!
  • With regards to possessions, do you consider yourself a minimalist or do retain things in hopes they will come in handy in the future?

I don't think I keep things just because they may come in handy but I am definitely a sentimental so I tend to keep a ton of things that I have a connection with for nostalgic reasons. I have lots of art work and school books from 25+ years ago and I have started an "archive" for my 4 year old's stuff so that he can too see his history whenever he wants too.
    What power tools do you own? Do you use them often?

I'm practically useless when it comes to tools or home improvements which irks me greatly. I own one power tool and it's a drill that I use 4 times a year or so.
    You mentioned you work on an assembly line. Do you find people are able to engage in stimulating conversations while working?

Not at all. Conversations revolve around complaints about the union, complaints about the company or a little sports talk here and there. People chuckle at me because I come to work with a laptop, a book or two, several magazines, my ipod, a couple of dvds and some crossword books. Gotta keep myself stimulated and since I don't know what my mood will be, best to have all the bases covered :-)
    Have you ever injured yourself, come close to seriously injuring yourself while at work?

I've had a 2 cuts that required stitches. I work with bare metal, so it's not too hard to do.
  • Muddguts wrote: »

These are what I enjoyed the most over that time frame:

The Descent
    28 Days Later
    Slither
    The Ring
    The Sixth Sense
    Saw
    Severance
    Black Sheep
    Trick 'r Treat
    Storm Of The Century

Cool. I've never seen storm of the century, so will have to check it out. Severance has quite a memorable plane scene IIRC. I lol'd pretty good at that :).

Why no asian (The Ring = American version?!)? Also why not High Tension or Rec or Let the right one in? at least 1 of these 3 are typically high-ish on top lists of recent horrors.
  • Gutsy wrote: »
    Cool. I've never seen storm of the century, so will have to check it out. Severance has quite a memorable plane scene IIRC. I lol'd pretty good at that :).

Why no asian (The Ring = American version?!)? Also why not High Tension or Rec or Let the right one in? at least 1 of these 3 are typically high-ish on top lists of recent horrors.

Storm Of The Century was one of those Stephen King mini series. I really enjoyed it. It's original and fairly mean spirited too. The plane scene in Severance made me laugh out loud as well. I just love the way that guy comes waltzing out of the cabin and the way he stands there :-D
    I haven't seen the Asian Ring. High Tension was definitely worthy of a watch but I liked the others a bit better. Haven't seen Rec and although everyone within the genre is raving about Let The Right One In, it just didn't resonate as much with me. I didn't dislike it but I didn't fall in love with it either the way everyone seems to have. I feel left out on that account. There were some terrific scenes in though that I still think about every now and then.
    Going to watch something in a little bit but haven't decided what...
  • Not closing time yet.

So how much of the Olympics did you watch? What were your favorite events?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Not closing time yet.

So how much of the Olympics did you watch? What were your favorite events?

LOL, nice! I watched quite a bit. Not for real long stretches (aside from hockey that is) but I'm pleased with the amount I was able to squeeze in.

Favourite events were the snow board and ski cross. Exciting as all hell.