Curling Feb.13 Ayr

Comments

• compuease wrote: »
    You not interested Dave?

But Am sure I could yell orders at people!!!!!

HURRY HARD!!
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Might be interested in coming out again. I believe DrTyore and Buzzard played as well last time? When do you need to know by Moose?

Can't make it anymore - sorry Moose. Have fun guys.
  • moose wrote: »
    the ayr curling club is having a small funspeil feb. 13. Two 6 end games, lunch and prizes. $20 it is open to members and guests. It starts at 9 am i believe and would be finished mid afternoon.

I had a few cpf members come out before for a similar bonspiel a few years ago. Johnnieh expressed interest recently about giving curling a try. So if anyone is interested please sign up here and i will investigate how many guests i can bring.

Possibility of having a small stakes .25/.25 or similar cash game during/after as well. :)

1. Johnnieh in
    2. Cerberus in
    3. Hobbes in
    4. Moose in
    5. Beanie42 in
    6. Buzzardd in
    7. Peteski in
    8. Compuease in

since there was exactly 8 of us, looks like they are putting as all together on two teams.

Currently taking offers for who wants to play with me. ;)

bump. Don't forget.

HeY wHo ThE fUcK tUrNeD oFf ShOuTiNg!
  • Ok, so where do we meet? I'm ok with any team, any position.... My skill is equal at all of them... :) Hint... I'm NOT a pro.
  • I'm really looking forward to this.

What I meant was are we meeting somewhere else first for coffee etc or just driving directly to the curling club? Be there at 9 or maybe 8:45? Awful early for poker players... lol.. luckily I'm not one...
  • I assume there would be free coffee/snacks before the game.
    What I meant was are we meeting somewhere else first for coffee etc or just driving directly to the curling club? Be there at 9 or maybe 8:45? Awful early for poker players... lol.. luckily I'm not one...

Trevor and I are getting coffee on the way in to Ayr.
  • i can haz invite?
    Ok, so where do we meet? I'm ok with any team, any position.... My skill is equal at all of them... :) Hint... I'm NOT a pro.

orly? Didn't know you were that flexible and open minded. This weekend just keeps getting better and better :)

Oh, and I'll play with whoever can stand my terrible jokes for the day... why is there a sign on a chair in the corner that says "Matt's Team"? Damnit, this is just like at the family reunion.
  • Lookin`forward to meeting ya, Cerb!
  • Same here! Nice to finally put faces to the awesome.
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    orly? Didn't know you were that flexible and open minded. This weekend just keeps getting better and better :)
    ok bud, you are getting a pile driver from the top rope!
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Same here! Nice to finally put faces to the awesome.

You will sadly be disappointed. ;)
  • Hobbes wrote: »

^^^ this
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    compuease wrote: »
    ^^^ this

Are you kidding me? I've always wanted to be the good looking, funny, intelligent, young and talented one in a group :D
    ok bud, you are getting a pile driver from the top rope!

I'll say no to this, but you can throw me into the corner turnbuckle and I can take a Flair bump over them (subtle barg about how I learned to do that last night after a week of trying!)
  • so sick that i missed out on this. i have never been curling or lawn bowling.
  • Thanks for putting this together for the Forumers moose. It was a great day. It was nice to meet Cerberus and congrats to him on his take in the cash game.
  • BTW we can curl and play poker.

Team Buzzardd (Team Special Olympics) 2nd
    Team Moose (Team Moguls) 3rd

Great playing with Cerebus - really great guy. I went home with the wrestling t-shirt, which is going to DrTyore.
  • Thanks again moose.
    Nice to meet ya Cerberus
    BTW we can curl and play poker.

Team Buzzardd (Team Special Olympics) 2nd
    Team Moose (Team Moguls) 3rd

Great playing with Cerebus - really great guy. I went home with the wrestling t-shirt, which is going to DrTyore.

Shit, I forgot to grab it for Mark. Drtyore, you'll have to wait until Moose returns from Vegas now!

Moose, thanks for a great day. I think we all had a blast, especially once we figured out what we were doing. At least on the curling rink. For $20, it was a terrific value.

Playing the cash game afterwards at the club was great, even though I took that ridiculous bad beat. I did have a good time, regardless.

Cerb: I like said, it was great to meet you. You fit in fantastically with our group, hands down. Try to get more free time to come up to KW again and play. You are always welcome at my games. Nice to chat with hockeyref (sp) over the phone, also.
  • Thanks Moose for organizing, great day all... Cerebrus, you were lucky I decided not to turnbuckle you... Nice to meet you and you're always welcome...
  • Sorry I took so long to add to this thread...

wait for it....

keep waiting....

just a little longer (NOTE: that's what she said)...

I was busy counting all your money. BAZINGA!
  • Ok, enough of of the slow burn. It was such an awesome fun day yesterday. Curling was great. I can't wait to get Team Japan and Team Wales rip roaring drunk and then take them curling here in Windsor.

Team Moose kicked ass at zee curling. Unfortunately, we got jobbed out due to lack of artistic talent and creativity (whatta ya mean it's uncreative to make a curling display out of play-do at a curling event?!). Still, we know who the real champs are.

Awesome meeting everyone yesterday. Glad to hear I didn't make too much of a fool/ass of myself. I swear I don't normally play 96o to a 2.5x raise Moose, honest.

Looking forward to the next time I am able to hang out with you guys. I think we need to get Milo in though, to really up the awesome factor.

Oh, and I stand by my previous statement; I'm a very slow counter.
  • This year's event is Saturday February 12, 2011.
    This year's event is Saturday February 12, 2011.

In! Create thread??
    This year's event is Saturday February 12, 2011.

Thanks for the heads up. It's on my calender now.
  • epic_donk wrote: »
    i can haz invite?

Maybe he'll try again? :)
This discussion has been closed.