Curling Feb.13 Ayr

The Ayr curling club is having a small funspeil Feb. 13. Two 6 end games, lunch and prizes. $20 It is open to members and guests. It starts at 9 am I believe and would be finished mid afternoon.

I had a few CPF members come out before for a similar bonspiel a few years ago. JohnnieH expressed interest recently about giving curling a try. So if anyone is interested please sign up here and I will investigate how many guests I can bring.

Possibility of having a small stakes .25/.25 or similar cash game during/after as well. :)

1. JohnnieH IN
2. Cerberus IN
3. Hobbes IN
4. moose IN
5. beanie42 IN
6. buzzardd IN
7. peteski IN
8. compuease IN

Since there was exactly 8 of us, looks like they are putting as all together on two teams.

Currently taking offers for who wants to play with me. ;)

Comments

• I am interested in both the curling and the cash game.
  • This could be interesting. I'll have to think about it. I love curling in high school.
  • Might be interested in coming out again. I believe DrTyore and Buzzard played as well last time? When do you need to know by Moose?
  • Johnnie mentioned this to me, and I'm definitely interested in both the curling and the cash game, pending my schedule. How soon do you need confirmation?
  • When I go back to the club next Wed I will see how many spots are avail and how many guests I can bring. If you are firm by then, I will bring a list and sign people up in the order that they responded.
  • I would play again.
  • I would like to play
  • Confirm people. I'm signing up the confirms tmr.
  • Im a pro skip...

lmk if you need a clutch man with the hammer.. ive been watching the scotties and I got the bug again...

not to mention ayr is my home rink.
  • Fuck it, I'm in. Had to check to make sure we weren't at a show that day. No show = awesome time curling/losses at the poker table.
  • How many can you get in?

Moose, you know I'm in. I'll email Trevor.
  • I'm confirmed.
  • confirmed
  • I am confirmed to skip a team. Remember, if you sign up, you have to show up. This is not like a poker tournament , where you can cancel at the last minute. Curling sucks with 3 players.
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    I am confirmed to skip a team. Remember, if you sign up, you have to show up. This is not like a poker tournament , where you can cancel at the last minute. Curling sucks with 3 players.

And show up on time Wes.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    And show up on time Wes.

Showing up and on time I can do. However, do I have to bring skill?

Also, sliders/grippers provided or do I have to go load up on curling equipment again?
  • Cerberus wrote: »
    Showing up and on time I can do. However, do I have to bring skill?

Also, sliders/grippers provided or do I have to go load up on curling equipment again?

Skills are optional.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Skills are optional.

No worries there.

Moose, what brand of beer is on tap? Can we request something decent?

What should we wear and what type of footwear is required?
  • Brooms and gripper/sliders are there for you to use. Wear warm lightweight loosefitting clothing suitable for fall type weather. I forget what is on tap but Guiness and other tasty bevvies are stocked.

Skill improves with alcohol consumption. Curlers call this aiming fluid.

Buzzardd I can put you down as skip if you want but I was going to list Hobbes as 2nd and everyone else as lead and let the organizer make up fair teams. I will make sure everyone is on the same draw.
  • I am confirmed. Can I call being a vice or is that kind of stuff spoken for?
  • As I said I will do what I can. Everything will be confirmed Wed night as to who is in and if there is space available should somone want to sign up by next week as well. I will take the confirmed list with me and sign up as many as possible.
  • OK, been watching this thread with interest. If you need another player to make an even team I would be glad to participate... However I am a pro so take that for what it's worth... lol.. actually I've played twice before, that's a pro by someones definition on here isn't it....? I'm probably better at the curling than the cash pokerzzz so I'll bring lots of $$$ if you need me..
  • moose wrote: »
    Buzzardd I can put you down as skip if you want

Yes please.
    Buzzardd I can put you down as skip if you want but I was going to list Hobbes as 2nd and everyone else as lead and let the organizer make up fair teams. I will make sure everyone is on the same draw.

Guess I get lotso exercise.
  • Hey if you wanted to pm me your real name that would be cool because I don't think Mr. Pete Ski etc. is gonna fly.
  • Everyone confirmed is IN. Starts at 9:30 am but get there 9ish if you want a coffee/muffin/throw a few shots to practise.

There are a few spots left and I can sign more people up next Wed if you are interested, though I can't guarantee those spots will still be there next week.

I could also cancel people next week if your plans change but after that, as Buzzardd says, you are expected to show.
    Everyone confirmed is IN. Starts at 9:30 am but get there 9ish if you want a coffee/muffin/throw a few shots to practise.

There are a few spots left and I can sign more people up next Wed if you are interested, though I can't guarantee those spots will still be there next week.

I could also cancel people next week if your plans change but after that, as Buzzardd says, you are expected to show.

The film rights
    Has this been determined? or still up for negotiation?
    Which team is Leslie Neilson coaching?
  • You not interested Dave?
This discussion has been closed.