4500th post: 45 Silly Movies you should watch or rewatch

2»

Comments

• Awesome call Jah!

history_of_the_world.jpg
    epic_donk wrote: »
    Kristy, I dont like any of those movies imo.

thread fail, even thought it must have taken forever!

If there were a way to prove I was right, I'd bet dollars to pesos you haven't seen most of those movies. You're too busy jerking off to the retardation that passes as comedy like those scary movie ones..pieces of complete garbage designed for half-wits.
  • I got to add Top Secret! to this list. I literally remember pissing myself from laughing so hard the first time watching this.
  • I am sad and somewhat ashamed to say I have Mel Brooks on my dead pool list. But he's not doing anything anymore so I'll get over it by the time I finish this coffee.

Mel Brooks has produced some of the funniest movies ever made. Blazing Saddles will never cease to make me laugh, and History of the world was equally incredible.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    Anything critically acclaimed, serious, on repeat on AFC or still for sale for more than 9.99 is ineligible for this thread. ;)

If that's the case, allow me to present....

toxic_avenger_movie_poster.jpg

and yes, I own it as well.
    Awesome call Jah!

had to happen eventually :) btw, off topic but Millionaire Listings is back on again. Caught part of an episode last night.
  • Monty Python...

The endings to all their movies are awful beyond belief. But the content before that is good.
    There are some amazing adds here, but also WAYYYYYY too many people who missed this quote and the thread title and are using this thread to show their l33t movie tastes.

Yup, Bruce Campbell is amazing..
    Ace Ventura and indeed MOST of Jim Carey's early work is unwatchable today. (believe me I've tried)

Anything critically acclaimed, serious, on repeat on AFC or still for sale for more than 9.99 is ineligible for this thread. ;)

I can honestly say that I bought every single one of those epicly bad/funny movies for $5 each. I never buy anything (aside from Pixar) brand new. I wait until Blockbuster has their oh so cheap 4 for $20 or better yet 5 for $20 sale and use whatever small for others but large for me poker earnings and load up!
  • Accepted was great Cerb, good call. I forgot to mention it whilst complementing Bubba Hotep.
  • not sure if waynes world was mentioned... to lazy to look

and +48948 internets to anyone that has seen real genius and can tell me a main character without googling

gogogogogoggogogogo
  • For those who don't share Kristy's anti-sports bias I submit...

Slap Shot
    Happy Gilmore
    Bull Durham
    Dodgeball
    Caddyshack (although thanks to the Golf Channel it gets played enough so maybe doesn't qualify)
    Major League

Honourable mention to BASEketball and a big shout out to other Parker/Stone greats like Team America: World Police (all-time great), Cannibal! The Musical and Orgazmo.

EDIT : If anyone has a no longer needed DVD of Grosse Pointe Blank I would pay handsomely for it.
  • to lazy to look... meatballs (Canadian eh)
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    Holy Shit!

I thought I was the only one that had ever seen this!!! It's freaking great!

"Who could resist such an offfer? ONLY AN ASSHOLE KROKER!"

Might I humbly suggest....

jesus_christ_vampire_hunter_copy.jpg

I saw the tagline somewhere of "The Power of Christ Impales You" and I was sold.... that's right, Jesus and his luche libre friend take on the undead....

Mark

I make everyone who hasn't seen it watch it.

I also own, and love Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.
  • How could I have forgotten this one!!! One of the best "comic book" movies ever!

fAbelEs0EO37Vr1.jpg

Here is the car:
    condorman11025tp3.jpg
  • After all the awesome in this thread..I find myself watching Sabrina 1995, then Sabrina 1954 today..wtf?
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Great list Kristy. Have to agree with alot of your choices, especially Army of Darkness...what a masterpiece!!

Still, I'm shocked that these aren't on your list, or anyone else's for that matter. Both are epic features with amazing dialogue and story telling.

First, the all time BESTEST movie EVER MADE!!! I watched it...I OWN it...I piss the wife and kid off EVERY time I play it!!

starship_troopers.jpg

And secondly, everyone's favourite high school love story of ALL time. (Admit you, you stop channel surfing every time you find it on, and your feet are tapping to the music as you smile)

grease.jpg

Now THAT'S quality entertainment!!
    ^^ QFT.

Oh, and you're missing the original "Clash of the Titans". Mmmm... stop-motion animation...

clash_of_the_titans.jpg
    Apparently they're doing a remake (saw the trailer on rottentomatos or imdb or something; all-star cast and all-CG SFX).
  • OMG ROTF... was looking for a good Clash of the Titans movie poster and accidentally came across this:

pU1p3ehaPparxvohCL10ArHvo1_500.gif

In before Kristy can say "I came upon that, too".
  • iNano78 wrote: »
    In before Kristy can say "I came upon that, too".

In after :o
  • Wonder how long until that pic ends up on the chips at the NBC National Head's Up Poker Championships...
  • OMG, WALLEYE JUST SAID..

"I'VE NEVER HEARD OF YOUR NUMBER 1 CHOICE. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS."

Ez-est "BAN" ever..lock him up mods.
    armyofdarknessbruce1.jpg
  • Wow. Not seeing AOD I can kind of understand, since not everyone can be awesome. But never even hearing about it is almost unforgivable.
  • Good fucking lord, do you know how many movies I'm going to have to rent because of this thread? There will be no time for poker until June or so.

Best 4500'th post on the site.
  • One title:

Milo and Otis

Nuff said

Milton Slim:p
  • Monster Squad: "The wolfman has nards?"

monster-squad.jpg
  • I can't believe I forgot this one!!!

cat%20from%20outer%20space.jpg
  • I can't get this thread out of my head, but this quote rocks.

You're hit - you're bleedin man.
    I ain't got time to bleed.

YouTube - Predator - I aint got time to bleed.
  • I can't get this thread out of my head, but this quote rocks.

You're hit - you're bleedin man.
    I ain't got time to bleed.

YouTube - Predator - I aint got time to bleed.

And that is why Jesse the Body Ventura was one of the greatest wrestlers/spectacles of all time. That movie had so many great one liners in it.
  • One of the greatest movies of all time.
    howard_the_duck_28198629.jpg