home theater set ups

To go with wildbill's idea,pics not that good as just a cheap walmart web cam.

My t.v., only 32"(did not have that much money to spend ya know), centre speaker from home theater package at top.

Image9.jpg

subwoofer at bottom, rogers digital box top left, receiver below it, 2 front speakers are beside the t.v. and beside the rogers box and the rear speakers are behind me, no pics of those, sorry. can hook up another subwoofer if I ever find one with the right input at a good price.

Image10.jpg

and my dvd/tape/cd player, I only have analog in so I can use the main speakers for t.v. along with home theater, Digital out but wish I had in so I can see if I can get both home theater and all 5 speakers going:D

Image11.jpg

If I could get it in all in one shot I know it would have been better, but again only a small web cam.

Comments

• lol...

so are we supposed to put up ours now? or how does this work?
  • Philli, take the protective bubble wrap off before using camera.
  • bubble wrap? take the lens cap off....
  • Philli, take the protective bubble wrap off before using camera.

lol, done, fuzzy i know, see if anyone can do fuzzier or have older stuff then me:D
  • my webcam clearly owns yours lol. *hint hint kristy*

i dont have a digital camera anymore after it got stolen from my car :bs:

55" hitachi plasma, martin logan vistas, plinius integrated power amplifier, sony blu-ray, and ya cant forget the Signal bi-wired speaker cables.
  • epic_donk wrote: »
    my webcam clearly owns yours lol. *hint hint kristy*

i dont have a digital camera anymore after it got stolen from my car :bs:

55" hitachi plasma, martin logan vistas, plinius integrated power amplifier, sony blu-ray, and ya cant forget the Signal bi-wired speaker cables.

When did Mommy and Daddy get that set up? Looks sweet . . . So where is your room in relationship to the TV room. Miniatures are not required, but a floorplan would be nice . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    When did Mommy and Daddy get that set up? Looks sweet . . . So where is your room in relationship to the TV room. Miniatures are not required, but a floorplan would be nice . . .

this is the basement in the house I rent up here in port elgin.
  • Oh, so it's a furnished apartment, then. Thanks.
  • Alright I'll play..Get ready to drool :)

............ ........ .................

so know what you are talking about.. this is just thrown together, my old set up out east was way more kick ass.
  • Yup. Maybe even triple. Why not . . . If money is the prime motivator in your life, you will never be satisfied. But, at 22, how the hell would you know that . . . you'll have to try harder than that, kid.
  • here it is..

BenQ Projector on 120" Screen.
    42 inch lcd below
    15 inch 1000 watt sub
    xbox 360
    ps3
    digital cable box

btw I don't watch Jeopardy :cool2:
    Yup. Maybe even triple. Why not . . . If money is the prime motivator in your life, you will never be satisfied. But, at 22, how the hell would you know that . . . you'll have to try harder than that, kid.

sorry, you tilted me earlier with that comment.

i work hard for what I do have, and like anybody I was given nothing growing up so i do take pride in some things.. my entertainment, my vehicles, and my cats. things Ive earned and paid for.

No one bad mouths those.

Sorry If I spoke out of turn.

Kick ass set up Scoops. You MT on the prjection or what?!:D
  • epic_donk wrote: »

Kick ass set up Scoops. You MT on the prjection or what?!:D

I have played a few tournaments on it but not any more..I don't have a pc hooked to it atm.
  • Scoops wrote: »
    I have played a few tournaments on it but not any more..I don't have a pc hooked to it atm.

Thats awesome, id really like to have that option one day...

clean set up.

what do you got going on for sound?

you got $$$.. im betting BOSE?

That's too bad, Pat Sajak was on tonight with a category called "The wheels of misfortune"..it was pretty lol.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    That's too bad, Pat Sajak was on tonight with a category called "The wheels of misfortune"..it was pretty lol.

why the fuck is jeopardy being brought up so much tongiht?
  • why the fuck isn't jeopardy brought up more every night?
  • I still got my 52" Sony rear projection television (from 2001) with paradigm sorround sound system and denon/yamaha components. Still hoping the TV will die one of these days so I will have an excuse to upgrade to a Plazma but it keeps humming along. Its a great TV still so why upgrade? I actually spent more on my surround sound system than the television.

I'm jealous of these set-ups!
    here it is..

BenQ Projector on 120" Screen.
    42 inch lcd below
    15 inch 1000 watt sub
    xbox 360
    ps3
    digital cable box

Very nice scoops!
  • My family room setup

56" Samsung Plasma
    Yamaha 7ch Receiver
    Precision Accoustic Surround Sound Speakers & sub
    ps3/xbox360/wii
    hddvd player
    hdpvr

plus about 200+ blu-rays/hddvd movies to go with it. Yes I love my movies/tv/games/toys. Don't even want to talk about my dvd collection thats sitting in another room lol.
  • Wow Scoops, you've got gear! Clearly some nice setups in here with some good brand names. Nice to see nobody's posting their 'Candle' systems. Jah, I've had Paradigm speakers for years. Canadian made I believe. Love em.

Don't have a pic yet of my system:
    Panasonic 42" 1080P Plasma, TCP42G15 connected via HDMI
    PS3 connected via HDMI
    Older model Techniq's amp with surround (Seriously needs upgrading)
    Paradigm Titan mains, centre and surrounds.
    No sub, because my girl said I can't have one! Yes, I'm owned. Actually the dogs would freak out with a sub. I can live without it if they couldn't live with it.

However, Scoops 1000 watt sub did make me drool a bit.
  • However, Scoops 1000 watt sub did make me drool a bit.

pretty happy with my Paradigm PS-1000 sub woofer. Think its only 750 watts but shakes the foundations.

I'm looking for some new couches for the entertainment room. Don't want to go with the armchair style but rather a couch that might have an armchair built into it. You know the L shaped sectionals. Leather preferred. Any recommendations?
  • Bought mine at the Chesterfield shop, good leather.
  • bleh..rethink the leather. It feels terrible!

*Hidden brag, I lay around with minimal clothes watching movies enough to have a strong opinion here.
  • Here's mine, paid for with all my on-line winnings . . .

badht.jpg
  • Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of leather. Kristy's right, it's cold if you're loafing about with minimal attire. On top of that I have two dogs with 'issues'. The thought of coming home to a destroyed $3K couch does not sit well with me. Thus, I am relegated to living with cheap furniture for the rest of my life.
  • Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of leather. Kristy's right, it's cold if you're loafing about with minimal attire. On top of that I have two dogs with 'issues'. The thought of coming home to a destroyed $3K couch does not sit well with me. Thus, I am relegated to living with cheap furniture for the rest of my dog's lives.

FYP. Leather is not goot. Get a nice microfibre.
  • Milo...You're family deserves better than this. Yer not bringin' home enough bread from the poker table buddy. Please..I implore of you...don't tell me that's a 'candle' tv. Just kidding. It's all about priorities.