Rush Poker at Full Tilt Poker

2»

Comments

• The PLO games are insanely soft, but they only have micro stakes so far -- fun to try though. I hope they don't ever go above plo100 as it may kill the player pools.
  • Anyone have a chart of the rake structure on rush? I've seen some PLO25 posted on 2p2 with rake of $8+.
  • I saw that the NL10 rake was about 3.60/1000

-edit...I think my 1400 hands at nl50 was about 9.50 in rake..small sample..but still..
  • Ok..2062 hands, $74.91rp, $20.23rb. These and above are 1 table, 6max stats.

edit-and about 800ish ftp fwiw.

Funny, now that I tightened up my resteals from sb, I losing there (almost even.) and now making money in the bb.

What is standard Agg? and Agg% usually?
  • running 10bi below ev in 2 hours of plo ... luv:(
  • I have been playing over the weekend, and to try it out I have been playing it like a double-or-nothing sit-n-go. I start with $10 in the .10/.20 game, and play until I have either doubled up or lost it all. Then I take a break, do something else, and then come back and try it again.

This allows me to keep my focus on the speed of the game, but not get caught up in one big hand to lose multiple buy ins. It also makes you adjust to some small stack poker too - my last one was a real roller coaster where I was down to $2 twice, but ended up coming back.

On Sunday I played for about 4 hours total, and went 6-1, gaining about $65 (The ones where I doubled up sometimes went more than $20, thus the extra gains). Nothing big, but it does help to pad the bankroll a bit.
  • DataMn wrote: »
    I have been playing over the weekend, and to try it out I have been playing it like a double-or-nothing sit-n-go. I start with $10 in the .10/.20 game, and play until I have either doubled up or lost it all. Then I take a break, do something else, and then come back and try it again.

This allows me to keep my focus on the speed of the game, but not get caught up in one big hand to lose multiple buy ins. It also makes you adjust to some small stack poker too - my last one was a real roller coaster where I was down to $2 twice, but ended up coming back.

On Sunday I played for about 4 hours total, and went 6-1, gaining about $65 (The ones where I doubled up sometimes went more than $20, thus the extra gains). Nothing big, but it does help to pad the bankroll a bit.

One of the best features of Rush is that people who have no idea how to play a deepstack are playing VERY deep. This is a huge loss of profit if you are a good cash game player.
  • FTP points rack up quick when playing this......iron man will be extremely easy....2 tabling one .10 / .25 and one .25 / .50.....118 pts in about a half hour
  • Fish are already being swallowed up. Less players per board and less money being made. I was only able to take down one buy-in while other days i've been able to take 2 or 3 in short order.

Must say thought that regular speed games are extremely slow now. Think I might be able to move up to 5 or 6 from 4 multi-tabling.
  • mathafkr

currently 23bi below ev at PLO 25 lolz
  • ok fk this now 6bi below ev in NLH 25 lmao -- all twice with sets in the turn and lost to overpair spiking on me. Thankful they don't have these games at my normal limits or I'd be busto by now.
  • my advice for rush poker fans, don't rush. I think players get too anxious to fold their cards just to see the next hand and don't put as much thought into each decision. I tried it for the first time last night and the first five minutes was hairy. Seems to be a lot of blind stealing and 3xBB bets taking down the pot. Will definitely stick with rush for now vs traditional NLH since I mainly play $50NL online.
  • i`m really enjoying rush, and i agree with you pokerjah. a lot of people insta-fold way too soon without even thinking about it. if i`m in position i`ll usually wait it out to see the action before me. i`m stealing and re-stealing a lot with marginal hands simply because everyone insta-folds without thought.

i`m actually proud of my session yesterday. played for about 4 hours (my longest session on rush yet). started out horribly by getting drawn out on three times and eventually was down about three and a half buy-ins (three huge coolers - AA vs AK, AQ vs A8, and KK vs JJ). however, i didn`t tilt and kept playing. eventually grinded back most of it (and if you include my bonus i was clearing, i ended up only down one buy-in which i thought was pretty good). when i lose that much i`ll usually walk away, but i kept myself together and played well after that. hopefully i can keep it up. rush poker has been very nice to me :)
  • trigs wrote: »
    i`m really enjoying rush, and i agree with you pokerjah. a lot of people insta-fold way too soon without even thinking about it. if i`m in position i`ll usually wait it out to see the action before me. i`m stealing and re-stealing a lot with marginal hands simply because everyone insta-folds without thought.

i`m actually proud of my session yesterday. played for about 4 hours (my longest session on rush yet). started out horribly by getting drawn out on three times and eventually was down about three and a half buy-ins (three huge coolers - AA vs AK, AQ vs A8, and KK vs JJ). however, i didn`t tilt and kept playing. eventually grinded back most of it (and if you include my bonus i was clearing, i ended up only down one buy-in which i thought was pretty good). when i lose that much i`ll usually walk away, but i kept myself together and played well after that. hopefully i can keep it up. rush poker has been very nice to me :)

I played last night for about 1.5 hours; was up on the night but made a couple bad decisions. Usually trying to push players off the hand on the river but they keep calling me anyways. First time using FTP so I will have to figure out how to go back and analyse my key hands. Have to see how many hands I am actually playing per hour. I think I played about 300 last night (or 200/hr).

Nice to see I am close to clearing the first part of my bonus already. And I now have a positive rakeback balance :) (not sure why it was negative to begin with).
  • crazy variance filled session.
    Won a couple of pots and then this succession of positions, all with crap hands and raises out front when in position,
    SB
    SB
    BB
    SB
    UTG
    SB
    UTG+2
    CO (3/5off, re-raise out front)
    SB
    Sb
    SB
    BB
    SB
    BB
    BB
    UTG

I know placement is random and anomalies happen but come on, this is outside any acceptable standard deviation path.

Then get sucked out when QQ runs into AJ on a J34 9 A board. Thats no biggie happens all the time. I drove it so short of shoving, nothing I could do to put the guy off the hand. only lost half a buy in.

The above was all one table, the one on my left while playing.
    THEN,
    AA - flop set
    AA Flop straight draw, turn straight,
    as that hand unwinds I get AA on the other table.
    Then the first table pulls KK.

Totally expecting to get killed on at least one hand but took down 3 buy-in in a matter of 2 minutes.

Weirdest short term variance I've seen in a while. Rush is too much fun.
  • went back to regular NLH last night and the play was a lot more typical; the good thing about playing rush for awhile is it makes playing regular multiple tables seem like a breeze.
  • I tried it for the first time tonight, was fun but I lost haha :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »

wow that is kind of nuts. i have to try one, but i really don't think i'd like them that much. cash is different since the blinds don't change. tournaments with escalating blinds might make it a little crazy i think.
  • Especially crazy since most of their examples show that these are rebuy tourneys. Wow.
  • Im curious to see how the blinds will work. Unlike cash, where its done by number of hands, the tourny style will be factoring in time since last blind, to prevent stalling on the bubble and punish shortstacks trying limp ITM.