Rush Poker at Full Tilt Poker

Comments

• Not liking it. It's different, and I'm sure there will be a lot of people playing that, but I really don't see the point.
  • Tonnes of fish who usually only play one table will love this, and now you can get more hands in per hour against these fish.
  • Ring games I assume?
  • Looks like it would be good for the player getting FTP, and the house getting rake..lol..

I will likely give this a shot for the sake of trying it out...
  • yeah ring games...one of the cons i noticed was....say you raise, someone 3bets, another person 4bets all in, if you fold you're instantly moved to a new table so you obv miss out on seeing the action.
  • what is it linky no work
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    yeah ring games...one of the cons i noticed was....say you raise, someone 3bets, another person 4bets all in, if you fold you're instantly moved to a new table so you obv miss out on seeing the action.

I think you can hit the sit out button and it's not gonna move you. I think it's hard to get a feel for players tendencies tbough which is a downside imo
  • Never heard of Rush Poker... will have to check it out.
  • Graham wrote: »
    Never heard of Rush Poker... will have to check it out.

Just started today.
  • Hmm...wonder how many will simply play the shove/fold game with premiums or decent hands in pos.
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    yeah ring games...one of the cons i noticed was....say you raise, someone 3bets, another person 4bets all in, if you fold you're instantly moved to a new table so you obv miss out on seeing the action.

Yeah, this I noticed..kind of annoying..and surprisingly, you can get an idea (if you are only playing one table) of who is just raising every hand, and/or 3 betting every hand..as you do see them again..hard to make notes though..

This being said..I kinda like it...(played 6max)..fast pace, lots of position play..lots of blind steals..

Took $20 into $60 in about 20 minutes...(at .10-.25)was up to 80 at one point but my q's didn't hold..

I will play again.
  • Gave er a whirl.. I like the pace...

took 20 in, left with 25.. up and down for a half hour.

will play again.
  • Hmm...this isn't half bad...between .25/.50 and .10/.25 up about 150 today.(1.5hrs).and 250ftp points...gotta be good for rakeback too...lol
  • Played it for abit last night as well. Although you get no real feel for other players, the action is quick. Get a lot more hands in an hour, and you can play a bit differently because of the insta fold option.
  • If you have no table selection skill and can't read players it's a good game for you.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I think you can hit the sit out button and it's not gonna move you. I think it's hard to get a feel for players tendencies tbough which is a downside imo

You can use the hand replayer to see what happened. You don't need to sit out.
  • I like the fast play i think it's good for different situations and position plays for practice

very different from the standard cash games and no reads makes it hard
  • this is such a terrible idea for regs. its really quite bad. sigh
  • As far as I see it is only at low/micro levels anyhow
  • If you have no table selection skill and can't read players it's a good game for you.

+1. I'm a total donk at table selection as I don't realize I'm the fish until way too late.

playing .05/.1 full ring
    yesterday I ran 10 into 30ish in 1/2 hour.

Tonight I killed one $8 buy in (for some reason that was the default) and then ran 8 up to 40 in an hour. BB/100 is 27.27.....

If this keeps up it will be good for my roll but I can't see the fish-in-a-barrel fest lasting too long as their money runs out at a frenetic pace. I enjoy the speed. tonnes of blind stealing.

This could be the death of holdem. 3000 people away from real ring games..... not a whole lot considering the total that play but this is still the first week.
  • SuitedPair wrote: »
    +1. I'm a total donk at table selection as I don't realize I'm the fish until way too late.

playing .05/.1 full ring
    yesterday I ran 10 into 30ish in 1/2 hour.

Tonight I killed one $8 buy in (for some reason that was the default) and then ran 8 up to 40 in an hour. BB/100 is 27.27.....

If this keeps up it will be good for my roll but I can't see the fish-in-a-barrel fest lasting too long as their money runs out at a frenetic pace. I enjoy the speed. tonnes of blind stealing.

This could be the death of holdem. 3000 people away from real ring games..... not a whole lot considering the total that play but this is still the first week.

Im betting it fades away.. if they go into high limits, it could burn out alot of ppl... its intense lol.
  • I can imagine the low limits ring games are suffering for sure...but I am loving the rush game..lol...a game of steals and re-steals really. Aggression pays. Between last night and tonight at .25/.50...1446 hands, $370.00 gain. 35 bucks in rake paid...so about 9.50 of that back...Interestingly enough, 3rd best position for me in that run was sb...with 109 gain..and only lost 15 bucks in the big blind overall..says something for re-steals.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    I can imagine the low limits ring games are suffering for sure...but I am loving the rush game..lol...a game of steals and re-steals really. Aggression pays. Between last night and tonight at .25/.50...1446 hands, $370.00 gain. 35 bucks in rake paid...so about 9.50 of that back...Interestingly enough, 3rd best position for me in that run was sb...with 109 gain..and only lost 15 bucks in the big blind overall..says something for re-steals.

Wow, those are good numbers Dennis.. Are you just stealing blinds in SB?

.25/.50 means you are playing solid and running well.. wish the blinds were bigger eh?

Ive played 431 hands and am up 5 bucks... so I really have no opinion. LOL :D

its just..... meh to me.

If they do 1/2 or 2/4 I'd probably be alot more interested.
  • do they move you to a new table in the same position (so you don't have to pay the blinds more than once)?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    do they move you to a new table in the same position (so you don't have to pay the blinds more than once)?

No. In theory you could be OOP for many straight hands.
  • I was looking at some graphs on 2p2. By only 4 tabling for 4 hours people are getting in 4k hands a day which is really good news for rakeback grinders at low limits. Some hand histories are listing people with 600bb effective stacks winning with 88 on 7 hi bards by pushing on the river, etc. Seems like there is quite a bit of money to be made at the lower limits with rush poker.

No HUDs is a great thing for these limits IMO. However, lack of reads seems to take a lot away from the actual "poker" of the game and many are predicting this will just become a nit fest after a couple of weeks. Not that FR micro wasn't already due to rakeback grinders in the first place.

+1,

I seem to be a donk that this game is good for, I'm up 9 buyins
  • epic_donk wrote: »
    Wow, those are good numbers Dennis.. Are you just stealing blinds in SB?

.25/.50 means you are playing solid and running well.. wish the blinds were bigger eh?

Ive played 431 hands and am up 5 bucks... so I really have no opinion. LOL :D

its just..... meh to me.

If they do 1/2 or 2/4 I'd probably be alot more interested.

SB re-raise steals are a big part of my game there..yeah
    I could play higher..but am comfortable where I am at...and the lightness of hands people under 100bb are willing to stack off with works for me.

We will see with a bigger sample size..tonight when the weekend warriors come out to play...
  • +1,

I seem to be a donk that this game is good for, I'm up 9 buyins

Make that 6 buy ins LOL this is fast!!!
  • lol..yep..just got hammered 3 buy-ins as well (actually 4 as I was up one)..Three kings flopped, to a flopped straight...flopped straight to a flopped flush..and then the standard AA vs trash running the river straight..And a busted flush draw beating me with King high vs my OESD on an ace high board as I bet 2/3 flop and turn including a 2/3 pot river bet to take him off it...but to no avail..lol

These guys aren't playing tight..I have been watching some showdowns..a lot of trash being played...time to tighten up a bit