Royal Cup of online poker...???

2»

Comments

• epic_donk wrote: »
    and I think I retain the right as resident pro to be deemed a captain.

:D
    Keep in mind that all entry fees will have to be transferred into escrow PRIOR to deadline...
  • compuease wrote: »
    Keep in mind that all entry fees will have to be transferred into escrow PRIOR to deadline...

All PFC events ive prepaid a couple days in advance.. that is not an issue sir!

I hope this happens, could be really fun and good for the site!
  • epic_donk wrote: »
    All PFC events ive prepaid a couple days in advance.. that is not an issue sir!

I hope this happens, could be really fun and good for the site!

Not talking about the $1. buyins, referring to the entry fees whatever we decide that they should be..

In any case any of you who haven't played the live version of the Royal Cup should read through the format etc as posted below to familiarize yourselves and provide input.
    http://www.pokerforum.ca/f24/rc-vii-rules-20361/
  • I honour of fed/epic/ultimat/dumbass wanting to play we could rename if the Reindeer Games. ;)
    Problem with Betfair or any other small site is that we have very few members here who play on those sites. Also on Stars I can set up SNG's of all disciplines at a low buyin very easily (minimizes rake). We can award most of the prize money offline via direct transfer, assuming the capt's are ok with me escrowing it... Note this is not a scam, I am not running off to some sunny clime with your $20. or whatever entry fees... promise.. :)

i would have never ever thought that anyone ( except, he who's name we do not speak of ) would ever try to scam. Never was a concern, maybe set one up like ya say and if it gets a good turnout then perhaps added value can be put in place.
    Problem with Betfair or any other small site is that we have very few members here who play on those sites.

yeah, I'm out if this is anywhere but Stars.
  • My thoughts / suggestions

Teams: 4 man is perfect
    Location: It HAS to be on P*'s we'll never get everyone signing up at weird sites
    Scheduling: I suck at these, would love someone else to do it
    Players: I think it'd be neat if we did it as CPF-ers only, but we'd get more diversity with opening it up to everyone (and quite frankly, that's the only way I'd be alright with Fed playing - I still don't know why he's back).

Oh, one more aside - I think if he wants, Compuease can play and run it. Anyone that doubts his integrity is clearly strange.

Mark
  • def no issues w comp running/playing

Even if we open it up. Someone needs to be dumb enough to pick fed for their team. :D
  • Thought Kathy was going to be a Captain. I am sure she has enough accounts on Stars to field a squad.
  • Fed is going to be a captain. You just have to transfer your cash to him.:o
  • Buzzzardd wrote: »
    Fed is going to be a captain. You just have to transfer your cash to him.:o

I thought he as gonna hold all the $ :D
  • Stars for me too. I can setup games if necessary. I'm sure lots on here can which is convenient.
  • you guys are rediculous..

My high stake, big bankroll should be enough to lead my (our) squad to victory with ease...... proven and fact.

im being serious... ive beaten many a "good" player on this site... ask comp how it feels to be prawned multiple times.... julesAA too... reef, and stroke....

any one wanna test me, my PM box is always open for a match....
  • Wish this was on Full Tilt instead of Stars.
  • I'll play FTP or any other smaller network -- Cake, Betfair, etc
  • Full tilt has better structure than Stars for the mixed games but you have to request support set up the tourneys so a much bigger PITA IMO.

My suggestion is this:

3 man team. 21 events. 11 straight nl 9 max games. Other 10 games all of Stars other games.

1. nl
    2. 6 max nl
    3. nl
    4. Limit
    5. nl
    6. Stud
    7. nl
    8. Stud8
    9. nl
    10. PLO
    11. nl
    12. PLO8
    13. nl
    14. limit Omaha
    15. nl
    16. HORSE
    17. nl
    18. 8 game
    19. nl
    20. nl
    21. heads up

Each member of the team must play a minimum of 5 events and max 8 events. Points system to be a std. exponential league point formula, as the number of entrants in each event will vary. More than one member may not enter an event to prevent collusion and chip dumping, except for heads up. Since heads up will have the most entrants, it will be worth the most points, and will be the final event. Best 16 results of the team will go towards the standings, but assuming all 3 players enter the heads up event, only the best result of the team will go towards the standings. This should give sufficient weighting to heads up to allow most if not all teams to still be in the race going into the final event.

Each team puts up $60, payout top 3, 60/30/20.
  • moose wrote: »
    Full tilt has better structure than Stars for the mixed games but you have to request support set up the tourneys so a much bigger PITA IMO.

My suggestion is this:

3 man team. 21 events. 11 straight nl 9 max games. Other 10 games all of Stars other games.

1. nl
    2. 6 max nl
    3. nl
    4. Limit
    5. nl
    6. Stud
    7. nl
    8. Stud8
    9. nl
    10. PLO
    11. nl
    12. PLO8
    13. nl
    14. limit Omaha
    15. nl
    16. HORSE
    17. nl
    18. 8 game
    19. nl
    20. nl
    21. heads up

Each member of the team must play a minimum of 5 events and max 8 events. Points system to be a std. exponential league point formula, as the number of entrants in each event will vary. More than one member may not enter an event to prevent collusion and chip dumping, except for heads up. Since heads up will have the most entrants, it will be worth the most points, and will be the final event. Best 16 results of the team will go towards the standings, but assuming all 3 players enter the heads up event, only the best result of the team will go towards the standings. This should give sufficient weighting to heads up to allow most if not all teams to still be in the race going into the final event.

Each team puts up $60, payout top 3, 60/30/20.

More 6 max games IMO.

Why no 6max PLO or PL08? They are way more popular formats than 9max.

Could also use HU PLO.

Limit Omaha isn't even a game -- scratch that one.

Would be cool to have a final MTT for points -- something that is easy to do online and is always missing due to time restraints from live RCs.
  • All of the events would have to be MTTs. This adds flexibility anyways if there are more than 8 teams. I am uncertain what options there are for 6max private games on Stars.

I envision only one HU game as it would take longer than all the rest and would need to be run probably on a Sunday afternoon. Also it having more entries than the other events would make it worth more points and as Kristy requested, we don't want to tilt the standings disproportionately with the HU game.
  • moose wrote: »
    All of the events would have to be MTTs. This adds flexibility anyways if there are more than 8 teams. I am uncertain what options there are for 6max private games on Stars.

I envision only one HU game as it would take longer than all the rest and would need to be run probably on a Sunday afternoon. Also it having more entries than the other events would make it worth more points and as Kristy requested, we don't want to tilt the standings disproportionately with the HU game.

if the standings in the games are all worth points maybe the top point scorer could win.

1st - 10 points or whatever
    2nd - 9 """"""...............
  • we already would have a heads up match from each game and not a one "for it all" game. Some players are better at Stud and Omaha and they should deserve to win those heads up tourneys. Just wondering how the points were gonna be set up
  • Keep the suggestions coming, I'm a little busy for the next few days but will get to it. I would like to keep this first one to as close to the format as the live Royal as I can so keep that in mind...
  • Am I reading that a HU MTT is being considered OVER individual scheduled HU matches? I think that's a really good idea! The pics at Royal for HU are almost random anyway..

-one big HU tourney, maybe with only 2 or 3 of each teams players..
    or better yet
    -2 or 3 brackets with one player from each team play a HU MTT to shorten the tourney times AND eliminate the likelihood of players from the same team going 1 on 1 before the last round. (maybe even top 2 from the first brackets moves forward?)
  • I'd be interested in this but I feel a school yard dodge ball pick coming up!!

labeach
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    -2 or 3 brackets with one player from each team play a HU MTT to shorten the tourney times AND eliminate the likelihood of players from the same team going 1 on 1 before the last round. (maybe even top 2 from the first brackets moves forward?)

That's not a bad idea. 3 HU mtts, only one member per team may enter at a time and each member can only play one HU mtt.

I also forgot about Razz, mixed holdem and mixed omaha hi lo and I don't see any way to create a 6max tourney either.

Jeff, other than the concept of having different games and a team format I don't see how you can keep the format similar to the live Royal. I think the teams have to be small and there has to be a fairly large number of games at different times/days. Since the number of entries in each event will vary, you need a point formula that is exponential that also factors in different entry #s. I have one somewhere I just have to look it up.

If you want to be the bag holder for the extra moniez and the team signup organizer, I can put together a tourney schedule and point system. I can do this in a google doc so it is publicly available.