Compuease's Nov09 Vegas trip report (as we go)

2»

Comments

• Man I'm bad at this... Walked into Binions about an hour ago, put Wes's and Graham's $5. on 8 and 9, now it hits on 17.... lol.... I'm just completely out of step... Sorry guys, guess this is the last time anyone asks me.... :)
    Anyone else? I'm overdue..
  • Ended up not playing Binions last night as they only had 14 players. Downtown is apparently real quiet during the week. I still may play the Binions Sat aft 10K guarantee though.. Last night, maybe 10PM I was walking down Freemont towards Golden Gate where I'm staying and heard some sirens, there right in front of me at Main and Freemont several cop cars converged after apparently a car got pulled over. Guns pointed and all that, two guys were taken down to the ground and handcuffed... Never saw any guns on the two guys but a couple of people said they saw the cops find at least one weapon in the car. Just like on cops in Vegas.... What really amazed me was that not that many people stopped to watch... Just like it went on every day.. I did watch...:)

This morning I went down to the good ol Excalibur trying to get my mojo back and voila, another cash at the donkament.. lol.. I think I could make a living just playing there,, No idea why it is so good to me but maybe cuz I'm a professional donk?
    Tonight I plan on playing either Caesars or Venetian 7pm to finally play a little more serious... This donk poker and -ev craps and roulette is diluting my skill....
  • That 7pm tourney at Caesars is pretty much the best. GL!
  • Sorry guys, I guess I do owe an update or two... Have been feeling kinda ill for the past 3 days or so.. I decided to play the Orleans deep stack on Friday evening, 12.5K chips, $125. 30 min blinds, 112 entries as I have always had good luck there but badly overplayed AK suited in only the third blind level and crippled myself... I know better. Yesterday I played the noon $75. tourney at Orleans trying to redeem myself but was completely card dead the whole way and had absolutely no cards. On the bright side I have been making small amounts playing cash to pretty well cover my tournament entries. Last night I played with the famous (or is that infamous) Tony BigCharles of AVP fame at the Bills $.50/1. NL game. I was in the 9 and he in the 8 seats. Very entertaining. Since their poker tables are right on the strip you get a constant stream of people sitting down with $20-40 bucks and blowing it within a few minutes. ( made $140. so you can see how bad it is, lol ) You can see Tony's "blog" on AVP here. Prepare to read for a long time if you want to get the whole story.
    AllVegasPoker.com • View topic - sevencard2003's blog--Still in Vegas....

Today I'm planning to meet a couple of people from the UK and may play the Sunday evening TI Headhunter with them. Maybe try and redeem myself at Orleans at noon?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Have been feeling kinda ill for the past 3 days or so..

Clearly Las Vegas is sick of getting pwned by you so it's poisoning you so you'll leave!

Hope you feel better and good luck at the tables!
    Man I'm bad at this... Walked into Binions about an hour ago, put Wes's and Graham's $5. on 8 and 9, now it hits on 17.... lol.... I'm just completely out of step... Sorry guys, guess this is the last time anyone asks me.... :)

OUCH! that hurts,

the above dotd are actually tears

Milton Slim
  • Ok, another update... This trip is completely out of step for me, I'm up in cash, not much, but up. Very unusual.. lol,, but my tournament results suck.. I think I'm 1 for 7 in cashes now... And that was the Excal donkament.
    Played both Orleans 12 noon and Caesars 10 pm yesterday. O'fer..
    62 at Orleans (finished about 25th, no cards at all), 65 at Caesars (Finished 18th, survived for a long time just pushing with very marginal cards). This can be so frustrating playing day after day and wondering why things aren't going well. Just proves to me that the life of a tournament pro would be a very difficult one when you get on a bad streak. You are constantly trying to figure out what you are doing wrong. I keep thinking I am but other than a couple of hands I can't think of anything I would have done differently. Meeting up for the Caesars 12 noon with a couple of guys from the UK that I talked to on allvegaspoker. They sound like real interesting ppl.
    One strange thing yesterday at Caesars. Guy sitting across from me at the 1st table says he's from Toronto, I say I'm from just west of you in Milton. He says wow, he's actually from Milton as well. Lives in one of th new developments. Small world.. I gave him my email address and told him about some of our local games.... Will be interesting if he comes out...
  • Is he old enough to try out for the ROCKS?

Milton Slim
    Taxi Squad member of the ROCKS
  • Finally made some progress, cashed in the Caesars 12 noon tourney, 107 runners, I finished 4th for $514. Gets me back to even for the trip. Also met the 3 guys from the UK that I had planned to meet there, They are having a great time, one of them is on his first trip. One of them and I made final table of 10. 9 payed but we worked a bubble deal for whomever finished 10th. About 1 round in I pick up pocket Q's and raise about 4x in EP. The UK guy goes allin for only a little less with 10's. I call and hold... lol... tough for him but he took it well.
    I should have finished higher but got crippled with 4 left when my 6's didn't hold against J,9 aipf.
    Looking forward to heading home tomorrow though. 8 days is maybe a little long...
    Man I'm bad at this... Walked into Binions about an hour ago, put Wes's and Graham's $5. on 8 and 9, now it hits on 17.... lol.... I'm just completely out of step... Sorry guys, guess this is the last time anyone asks me.... :)

Too bad we didn't combine our numbers... where should I ship the money to?
  • Graham wrote: »
    Too bad we didn't combine our numbers... where should I ship the money to?

my Number is 17

Milton Slim
  • Don't worry about it Graham, I didn't play it very well... :)

Ok, heading home in a few hours, just playing a little 1-5 spread at O'Sheas trying to get my A's cracked... How come I can't get them cracked here when I'm trying? lol... twice I had them earlier this trip and both times they held up all the way to the river.... No justice...

Played the PH 7pm last night with my 3 UK buds.. I busted out real earlier with my KK vs AK allin pre. The table was so weak with lots of limps that I decided that it would be prudent to re-enter so I did, maybe for the 1st time ever... Only 24 buyins but I finished 3rd for a small profit...

Am feeling pretty exhausted, I think that perhaps 8 days is a little long for me.. May not want to see another poker table for a while.... at least till Sunday... :)
    Ok, heading home in a few hours, just playing a little 1-5 spread at O'Sheas trying to get my A's cracked... How come I can't get them cracked here when I'm trying? lol... twice I had them earlier this trip and both times they held up all the way to the river.... No justice...

WTF? I believe that it is a std Vegas rule that no-one older than the midget is allowed into O'Shea's.
  • moose wrote: »
    WTF? I believe that it is a std Vegas rule that no-one older than the midget is allowed into O'Shea's.

Speaking of Osheas - Did you guys check out Beer Pong? Only in Vegas, can you play beer pong for cash.
    Looking forward to heading home tomorrow though. 8 days is maybe a little long...

here is my formula for determining the maximum no. of days you should stay in Vegas, based on your age:

[(100 - age)/10] + A

A - if single, add 1 day; if married, subtract 1 day

Feel free to tweek it anyway you like. Still a work in progress.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    here is my formula for determining the maximum no. of days you should stay in Vegas, based on your age:

[(100 - age)/10] + A

A - if single, add 1 day; if married, subtract 1 day

Feel free to tweek it anyway you like. Still a work in progress.

If I used that formulae it would be negative!
    If I used that formulae it would be negative!

I still have to tweek it for those of you married 8 times :)