flu vaccination

2»

Comments

• Bring a bottle of sanitizer to the Royal, darling . . .

Oh, and Health Canada estimates 1 in 100k people will have a "serious" adverse reaction. Of those, 1 in 10 may require hospitalization. I like them odds.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Bring a bottle of sanitizer to the Royal, darling . . .

I carry one in my purse and wash my hands properly and often.

Job done.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »
    I carry one in my purse and wash my hands properly and often.

Job done.

Just don't do it in front of the Mole, or Philli. They might mistake it for lube, and go all squirrelly . . . :D
    Just don't do it in front of the Mole, or Philli. They might mistake it for lube, and go all squirrelly . . . :D

muah
  • We received a call from our family doctor yesterday to book our family an appointment for today.

All three of us were in and out in 20 minutes after getting both a seasonal and H1N1 vaccine.

No fuss, no muss.
  • Glad to hear the little one is protected. Cute as a button, that one.
    Cute as a button, that one.

Testify!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    We received a call from our family doctor yesterday to book our family an appointment for today.

All three of us were in and out in 20 minutes after getting both a seasonal and H1N1 vaccine.

No fuss, no muss.

Nice, going to call my doc and see if they got supplied with it.
  • Testify!
    Milo wrote: »
    Glad to hear the little one is protected. Cute as a button, that one.

My wife and I thank you both for the complement!

After 24 hours nobody is showing any symptoms or ill effects from the shots. YAY!
  • H1N1 Vaccine Risks - The H1N1 Vaccine Is A Much Greater Risk To Your Health Than The Flu Itself

I swear I seen something on T.V about there being a lot of side effects, risks etc.

The above site is not fact based, and is a pseudo science ad of the worst kind.
  • Let me start by saying my kids were vaccinated, and I believe vaccination is a good idea in general. However, to assume there is no risk is foolish. All you can do is look at the current evidence and manage the risk. For H1N1, I believe the risk of not being vaccinated is greater than the risk of being vaccinated (but the risk of H1N1 in general is less than most other things in life).

Why do I believe there might be some risk?
    - if there was no risk, the government would not need to give the company immunity against future lawsuits
    - risks associated with the vaccine, but possibly not due to the vaccine (car accident on way to get the vaccine, picking something up at the vaccine clinic, allergic reaction to something else in the dose, doctor screwing something up, countless other things). Admittedly, most of these will have negligible probability
    - I don't believe everything is known about vaccines. See
    Vaccine-associated sarcoma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    And yes...this is mostly about cats...but if EVERYTHING was known about vaccines, my cat would not currently be in pain from a 6 inch incision to remove a lump.

my 2 cents.
  • Good for you, for protecting your kids.

I don't think any of the "pro-vaccine" camp here has said there is no risk, merely that the miniscule risk in taking the vaccine far outweighs the risk of H1N1, and seasonal flu. That is certainly my position.

What I have said is that the science behind how vaccinations work is nigh on bullet-proof, and it is.

Final note: that video of the cheerleader with dystonia (sp?), allegedly caused by the H1N1 vaccine? Proven to be a hoax. WTG, douchebags . . . how many people were put at risk because of shit like this?
    Didn't need to do more than skim each post:

Yea
    Hobbes
    ReefAquarium
    Schtebs
    Compuease
    Suited Pair (eventually)
    Milo

Nays
    POKERJAH
    Some new guy that misspelled 'due' and 'border'
    Kristy_Sea

They YEAs have it.

(there's a perversion of 'The medium is the message' joke here)

All that being said, I won't be getting this, or any, vaccine requiring extra effort from me; due primarily to laziness, and followed closely by a lack of necessity.

Updated accordingly.
  • You're retarded Jah, like seriously, painfully, retarded.

That is a list of people for and against the vaccine.

I am PRO vaccine for anyone that needs or wants it, and believe whole-heartedly that the minute risks of vaccination do NOT outweigh benefits of protecting those that get it.

I'm also an anal retentive hand-washer (which despite what most of you think, is rare..YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG) who rarely goes out in public, doesn't have to worry about missing work, uses a metric shitload of sanitizer, and has never been hospitalized for anything in my life..so the chances of my burdening the emergency room or my family doctor with flu are almost non-existant.

I'm one of the rare few for whom the vaccine holds little merit, when that changes..I'll be first in line.
    You're retarded Jah, like seriously, painfully, retarded.

That is a list of people for and against the vaccine.

I am PRO vaccine for anyone that needs or wants it, and believe whole-heartedly that the minute risks of vaccination do NOT outweigh benefits of protecting those that get it.

I'm also an anal retentive hand-washer (which despite what most of you think, is rare..YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG) who rarely goes out in public, doesn't have to worry about missing work, uses a metric shitload of sanitizer, and has never been hospitalized for anything in my life..so the chances of my burdening the emergency room or my family doctor with flu are almost non-existant.

I'm one of the rare few for whom the vaccine holds little merit, when that changes..I'll be first in line.

ok Kristy you redeemed yourself, i agree 100% with this except the very 1st line:h::)