$100 Satellite to $1000 Fallsview Event Jan 8 2010

13»

Comments

• Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Somebody told me yesterday they tried to buy for people other than themselves and they couldnt. IE, you cant just go a buy 3-4 vouchers.

Can anyone confirm?

Makes zero sense to me. Can't imagine why you couldn't. Hope it isn't fact though all the same.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Somebody told me yesterday they tried to buy for people other than themselves and they couldnt. IE, you cant just go a buy 3-4 vouchers.

Can anyone confirm?

I'm not surprised although it is not true.
    Slope bought 2 vouchers one of which is in my possession but that was after 3 employees at the poker room told him you could not even buy into the event.

You buy the vouchers at the cage. At least as of two weeks ago.

AJ, just give the cash, it is the same difference with out the hassle for you. Plus you will now open the game up to more players> that cannot attend the FV tourney for whatever reason.
  • I've sent out my address and contact information to all those on the players' list. For those still listed as tentative, please firm up as soon as possible. We've had a couple of drop offs already, but I'm confident we can get 24+ for this game.

There's still lots of time to sign up for those sitting on the fence. Just post on this thread or PM me, and I'll send you the address/contact information. Please remember, game time is 2pm SHARP. Cards will be in the air at that time.

If you have not claimed your seat by the end of the first blind level, I will remove your chips from play.

Cash game starts following the first table merge. I have separate cards and chips for the cash game.

Both tournament and cash game will be rotating self deal. Tournament will use 2 deck system, cash will use one deck. Neither the tournament nor the cash game will have a rack. If sufficient interest exists for adding a second cash table when appropriate, and a group wants to make it a 2/5 or 5/5 game, no issue. If I do not make the final table of the tournament, I will deal the final table myself.

Looking forward to seeing everyone come out and enjoy this tournament. If you have a couple of folding chairs you can bring, that would be great, as I don't think I have sufficient for 24 players. Just make sure you can identify them so you can take them with you at the end.

Thanks, and please firm up your seats as soon as possible. If you know someone who would be interested and not on the forum, feel free to invite them as well.
  • i can no longer make it sorry
  • Already removed you Steve. Think you told me during Royal Cup day you couldn't make it. You(r money) will be missed ;)
  • Shameless bump, but I have no shame.

Plenty of seats open for this Saturday's satellite. If you're wanting in, let me know ASAP. I'm supplying pop & snacks and there will be a decent dinner break as well. TD is up and running WITH SOUND! Those still listed as Tentative, please advise me of your intentions.

Voodoo...please PM me! Able to get the vouchers?
  • Hey A.J
    I am very sorry to say I am out. icon9.gif I was looking forward to this but uncontrollable situation. icon8.gif
  • I'm an idoit. Even tho OP says Sat, I somehow thought this was on a Sunday. Hmmm..let me try to re-arrange a few things but I'm most likely out.
  • I too have to bow out, PM sent. The wife has apparently made plans for Saturday and just told me tonight. There is no way for me to get out of it. Sorry.
  • Wes, let me know when you can.

Game is still on, we still have enough players signed up for one seat and second and third split the remaining pot. Still haven't heard from Voodoo though to see if he got the voucher, but even if he hasn't, we'll just make it a cash payout.

Hopefully not too many more drop out and get a couple of late signups. I'm keeping registration open until Saturday at noon, just in case.

Hope to see everyone signed up on Saturday.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    If you were to do the latter, you would have more time for the former.

just saying

[X] Time
    [ ] Money
  • Hey A.J
    I now have a small chance to make it, If I can sell these concert tickets I can be there.
    Sorry to use your post but any one looking or knows any one looking for Billy Talent with Alexis on Fire I have 2 good seats section 119 row 25 asking $200
    any interest please let me know asap
    Sam
    if not good luck all
  • Hi AJ, to save me reading all these posts, what was the final decision on sharing a %? As noted, I will be in the US during the actual $1k tournament so I know I can't play. I assume if I win a voucher, it can be easily sold for close to the $1k value?

btw, you might want to send a reminder to all those as tentative to firm up your numbers for Sat. If I can sell the voucher or take cash, I am still interested in playing. Thanks.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    Hi AJ, to save me reading all these posts, what was the final decision on sharing a %? As noted, I will be in the US during the actual $1k tournament so I know I can't play. I assume if I win a voucher, it can be easily sold for close to the $1k value?

btw, you might want to send a reminder to all those as tentative to firm up your numbers for Sat. If I can sell the voucher or take cash, I am still interested in playing. Thanks.

Jim, the decision was NOT to share in the winnings, so whoever wins can do whatever they wish with the voucher. I'm sure you can get full value for it should you win, as others have expressed interest in buying it.

I have yet to hear from Voodoo, who was going to pick up the voucher. If he hasn't picked it up yet, we will do a cash payout equivalent.

I'll send another PM to all Tentative players and ask them to respond one way or the other ASAP. Either way, we have sufficient players to offer top three payout, and as I said, I'll keep registration open until noon Saturday for any late comers. Also posted on a couple of other local sites too, and need to check them to see if anyone signed up, but I doubt I'll get any hits from those sites.
  • Voodoo has texted me. He apparently is having trouble logging into the forum (Graham, you may want to check it out).

Anyway, he was not able to procure vouchers for my satellite, so we're playing for cash payouts equivalent to the event buyin. He also confirms (well 98%, but I'll take it) that he will indeed be playing and is texting some of his buds to see if they are interested as well.
  • I was having trouble too.

I am still in.
  • I will be there for sure AJ.
  • Good to hear Buzzard...looks like Hellmuth's Mole is out, but he'll confirm tomorrow. Regardless, should still be a great game.

Don't forget, cash table opens when we merge tables.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Good to hear Buzzard...looks like Hellmuth's Mole is out, but he'll confirm tomorrow. Regardless, should still be a great game.

Don't forget, cash table opens when we merge tables.

This, I'm afraid.

Good luck all.
  • This, I'm afraid.

Good luck all.

Sorry to hear that HM. Hopefully you can make it out to my next one.

Voodoo has confirmed as well as one bud of his, so looks like we may get three tables after all. I'll keep registration open till noonish tomorrow for any late comers.

2pm start!!!
  • Hey AJ,

We've got two really sick kids, so i think i might be out. Sorry
  • crazykoby wrote: »
    Hey AJ,

We've got two really sick kids, so i think i might be out. Sorry

Sorry to hear that. Hope its nothing serious, and hope you can make it out. Let me know either way though please.
  • I'm out. Anita has been in florida all week with the kids, so if i went out and left her with two sick kids i'm pretty sure she'll divorce me. Sorry, hopefully you'll run another one.
  • AJ,

Is it too late to join in the tournament, if not can you please pm your address. Thanks
  • woog30 wrote: »
    AJ,

Is it too late to join in the tournament, if not can you please pm your address. Thanks

NEVER TOO LATE

PM sent
  • 14 players showed to play, and already at final table. Some pretty big stacks, and some very big beats as well.

Cash game will most likely start at 7pm ish....if you're interested in playing cash and want in, it 1/2nl 100max buyin

post or call me if you're interested
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO PUDGE FOR WINNING THE SATELLITE!!

Pudge was on the short stack most of the tournament, but when it got down to the final 5 or so, he started to make gather some big pots. By the time he and Keith were headsup, Pudge had a 2 to 1 lead in chips on Keith. They played back and forth for while, but finally agreed to a chop with Pudge taking the win with the most chips.

Keith takes away $300 for second, and Rob "DeadMoney" came in third place and got his buyin back.

Thanks for everyone who came out today. Great game, and great to see everyone again.
  • AJ.. thanks for a well run satellite and being a very good host. Card dead for the most part but will there if you have another.