Busto to Robusto

Comments

• Okay, partially because you're a long time member...
    Partially because I have a soft heart...
    But mostly because I hate money...

I'll offer $50 for stackback plus 50% of any profit over 5 months. Begin Nov 1 2009 and end Mar 31 2010.

I would need you to keep a spreadsheet updated weekly and sent to me, as well as to know the day/time of your play so I can rail quietly when I can. I'm sure you posted it here, but I will also need to know your FT handle as well obviously.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    But mostly because I hate money...

Kevin would hate you. ;)
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Kevin would hate you. ;)

Who's Kevin?

edit; just got the reference, my bad

I got WAY more hair than him...and I'm a hell of a lot nicer too
  • just ask your mom for 100 imo
  • str82ace - pm sent
  • PS, I'll vouch that this player is a longtime poster ...

This is a prime example of the power of changing your screenname..

I remember who you are:
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »

I remember who you are:

How do you know this is Ali?
  • Sorry, you have me mistaken for someone else.
    I lived in Rockwood, hence my screen name.
    I now reside in London, Ontario

Kristy, you and I played together at $40 buy-in game in Guelph.
    I was the first to bust with 2 pair vs. 2 pair.

Then we played a cash game, 0.25/0.50 cent thereafter.
    Where I shipped with 77 pre-flop against 2 aggressive re-raises, to get called by AJo
    Ace on the river
    gg for me.....

remember rockwood now?...You asked if you knew me from somewhere before, and I replied...no, since it was my first live CPF game.
  • I would be interested but your lack of "self-promotion", despite the suggestion being raised by a couple others, has really made me think twice. (not the initial 10% + rakeback, it would have to be the minimum 50/50).

Post some hands you've played, post your database/stats in a spreadsheet format, etc etc and we'll go from there.
  • Rockwood wrote: »
    Sorry, you have me mistaken for someone else.
    I lived in Rockwood, hence my screen name.
    I now reside in London, Ontario

Kristy, you and I played together at $40 buy-in game in Guelph.
    I was the first to bust with 2 pair vs. 2 pair.

Where I shipped with 77 pre-flop against 2 aggressive re-raises, to get called by AJo
    Ace on the river
    gg for me.....

remember rockwood now?...You asked if you knew me from somewhere before, and I replied...no, since it was my first live CPF game.

yeah, I remember it all. It was not Guelph it was Cambridge (Moose's) and Cory had the AJo.

You also had a bandage under one eye, and asked me out via PM, you later PM'd me under DJalikool account and reminded me of the same game and asked me out again.

I am not mistaken.
  • Thread just got better.
  • I do recall the asking out in a PM but seriously have no clue about this other guy you speak of. Could he have been at the game too?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Thread just got better.

lol
  • westside8 wrote: »
    I would be interested but your lack of "self-promotion", despite the suggestion being raised by a couple others, has really made me think twice. (not the initial 10% + rakeback, it would have to be the minimum 50/50).

Post some hands you've played, post your database/stats in a spreadsheet format, etc etc and we'll go from there.

what about if Kristy is my poker coach, is that a selling point?:)
  • Rockwood wrote: »
    I do recall the asking out in a PM but seriously have no clue about this other guy you speak of. Could he have been at the game too?
    Rockwood wrote: »
    Ace on the river
    gg for me.....

djalikool wrote:

I think I remember why you were upset at me..Was it because I asked you out for coffee? I was at one of moose's outdoor/indoor tourney's.

Then you joined us on a side NL game. My 77 vs AJ all in shove preflop - $30 didn't hold up ...Jack on the river to a guy that was aggressive....but you played well and sucked out on him with a fullhouse on the river against the nut flush.

But I hope we can burry this hachet, I just don't think I could have slept at night, knowing that I didn't ask ya out at least. You are an amazing girl

-djalikool
    Kristy_sea wrote:
    LOL..I thought that was 'Rookwood' or 'Rockwood'

I was referring to a thread about homosexuality that got pretty nasty when you and had opposite opinions on what was 'gross'

My memory is perfect. I wish you hadn't lied about this.
  • I still have the PM, I rarely erase these things.
  • Lots of win in here.

Conveniently, also lots of fail.
    Lots of win in here.

Conveniently, also lots of fail.

That's rare. Usually the # of fails > # of wins
    Last edited by Wetts1012; Today at 03:38 PM. Reason: wasnt djali a degen?

You were right.
  • Man, I just want out doing some work for the day and this thread's entertainment value just went through the roof while I was gone... Course I have very low entertainment standards..
  • 10% is the worst staking idea I have ever heard
  • Walleye wrote: »
    10% is the worst staking idea I have ever heard

Especially when you don't even know who the hell you are giving money too..
  • Awesome thread.

Way to go, Kristy!

djalikool admitted to having a problem and that he got himself seriously into debt a few years ago. It was a long thread that Kristy so generoursly bumped. Awesome x2!

That would explain why he can't ask his normal friends for $100.

He eventually started posting about poker again and several people mentioned that perhaps he shouldn't play, but alas, it is on deaf ears.

Of course 10% is a great deal. You only really need him to win $1000 in 5 months with never a losing week and then you just get back your money. What a solid deal.
  • Kristy_Sea wrote: »

I remember who you are:

Based just on this thread above there is not enough information to know they changed their name ...
  • Based just on this thread above there is not enough information to know they changed their name ...

Nevermind... I see now.

• PS, I'll vouch that this player is a longtime poster ...

Looks like I got fooled...

Thanks for pointing that out Kristy ...
  • Looks like I got fooled...

Thanks for pointing that out Kristy ...

In your defense, you were correct about it being a long time poster. You just didn't realize that it was a long time poster who is a bigot/degen with a self professed gambling problem.
  • Another interesting thread by Rockwood, circa 2007, selling pirated ebooks or whatever.... Last post in it is by Ali slamming Rockwood... lol.. Split personality?
    You need help man.....

http://www.pokerforum.ca/f11/%2410-any-poker-book-12635/
  • Awesome stuff! Easiest way to show the wife I'm not screwed up like other people that are actually addicted to poker and/or gambling. Win.