New Season! New Rule!

Since we have already had our break prior to the SET game, we're going to start Season 13 right away, with the first game scheduled for Oct 15.

One new rule for this season:
IF YOUR HAND GOES TO SHOWDOWN, YOU MUST SHOW BOTH HOLE CARDS TO WIN POT.
Its good etiquette to show both cards to your opponent. It will also help settle any disputes or any misread hands. If you're being called to show down, please show both cards. Callers are not forced to showdown unless they win the hand.

BTW, the dates for this season float across the Christmas Holidays, with a game on Christmas Eve and on New Year's Eve. However, seeing as how family time is much more important at that time of year, we will have games up until Dec 17/09, then break over the holidays, and restart the season on Jan 7/10.

Who's In for Game 1 of Season 13??

1 - AJ
2 - Keith
3 - Darryl
4 - Anthony
5 - Allan
6 - Greg
7 - Jordan
8 - Claudia
9 - Jeff Harwood
10 - Rocky
11 - Dave
12 - Garry
13 - Trevor
14 - Jenn
15 - JohnnieH
16 -

Comments

• In.

(I thought that was already a rule btw) I like it.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    In.

(I thought that was already a rule btw) I like it.

We had a 'show one, show all' rule, but no, it was never a stated rule until now. I think its just good etiquette either way, but it would be very helpful if someone had kicker issues or a misread board got to showdown.
  • Well Well Well, I'm happy to see this league is still going strong, A lot of you probably wouldn't remember who I am. But I did play in season 1! I'm looking to play in a couple games this season, but Thursdays are usually booked with band practice, so unless they get cancelled I cant take your money! :P

As of now AJ I dont think I can play in week 1, but that could change by early next week. If it does, I'll post for sure. Is there a max # of players? or do you normally try to accomadate everyone?

Cheers all, Hopefully I'll see you at the tables soon!
    Jason
  • jbird8306 wrote: »
    As of now AJ I dont think I can play in week 1, but that could change by early next week. If it does, I'll post for sure. Is there a max # of players? or do you normally try to accomadate everyone?

Oh I remember you Jason...been a long time. Glad to see you're still hanging around the forum.

As always, I do my best to accommodate everyone who signs in. The past couple of seasons have NOT been any problem. I have room for up to 24 players at the moment, and I have yet to turn anyone away due to be overbooked.

Whenever you can get out to a game or two, just post here or send me an email, and I"ll include you on the game list.
  • Sure its only money I'm in
  • Hey, I'm thinking I might be able to play in this one, PM me the address and I will see if I could make it on time
  • BTW AJ who is playing for Ching at the RC?

i'll be playing fwiw but have no idea who else is in.
  • SuppaSlick wrote: »
    Hey, I'm thinking I might be able to play in this one, PM me the address and I will see if I could make it on time

PM sent SS. Just tell me your REAL name, and leave some contact info like phone and email, you're all set.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    BTW AJ who is playing for Ching at the RC?

i'll be playing fwiw but have no idea who else is in.

As of now, its

AJ
    Darryl
    Keith
    Jeff
    Steve and Greg if Orangeville can't submit their own team
    I extended an invite to Allan, but he hasn't confirmed yet
    Not sure who else I invited. Old age creeping in on me.
  • AJ,

I should be in for Thursday, but i won't know for sure until the day of. Steve and I are both in for RC. Also i remember there was some talk about changing the blind structure to follow the WSOP. Are we sticking to the old format or making the change to follow the WSOP?
  • There was some talk about changing it up to WSOP format, but the main concern was game length. Since the games are on Thursday night, most everyone has to work Friday, so being finished by midnight is necessary.

What does everyone think? WSOP format or leave as is? I'm good for either.
  • My $0.02 FWIW

I would like to follow the WSOP. I find it to be good practice. I think if you keep the blinds to 20 minutes the tourney will not really be any longer in length.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    There was some talk about changing it up to WSOP format, but the main concern was game length. Since the games are on Thursday night, most everyone has to work Friday, so being finished by midnight is necessary.

I dont mind it the way it is. You could change it as long as we can ensure the games dont run longer.

5am comes verrrry soon the next day. If I had to vote I would say I dont see any reason to change. It would be great to get more of a wsop structure but I dont think this league is the venue for it, given that it is a weeknight game.
  • As a (semi) regular, I would say leave it as is. There seem to be a fair number of people coming from outside Bramalea/Brampton for games on the Hill. Even adding an hour to the games would be a bit much for those who would still have to go home and get up for work the next day.
    PM sent SS. Just tell me your REAL name, and leave some contact info like phone and email, you're all set.
    Okay I PM'd you my contact information. You can put me down as tent. and Thursday morning I'll will just confirm. Thanks in advance
  • Hi there!
    I just joined this forum...was referred by Sam...only assuming his login name is SamCanada???
    Anyway, I know Game 1 is this Thursday, but what time and location???
    I am definately interested in joining the rest of you then.
    Do I have to do anything or let anyone know that I will be there?
    Or do I just show up.
    Please bear with me and all my questions as this is the first time I am joining.
    Thanks!!!!
  • Claudita wrote: »
    Hi there!
    I just joined this forum...was referred by Sam...only assuming his login name is SamCanada???
    Anyway, I know Game 1 is this Thursday, but what time and location???
    I am definately interested in joining the rest of you then.
    Do I have to do anything or let anyone know that I will be there?
    Or do I just show up.
    Please bear with me and all my questions as this is the first time I am joining.
    Thanks!!!!

Sam referred you? SAM?? Hmmmmmmmmm, well, despite that, you are more than welcome to join in. Yes, game is this Thursday night at 8pm. I'll PM you the address and you can goggle directions. I'll also send you my contact numbers in case you need them.

You don't need to bring anything with you except the buyin ($50). I'll have everything else here ready for you to play.

I will need your email address and contact numbers though, you can reply to my PM when you get it. In the meanwhile, review the Rules thread and if you have any more questions just ask here, or ask me in person on Thursday.

Welcome to The Hill!!
    Sam referred you? SAM?? Hmmmmmmmmm, well, despite that, you are more than welcome to join in.
    Welcome to The Hill!!

That's right she is coming to win back all my moneyicon12.gif only problem is I could not convince her to give it back to meicon12.gif
  • samcanada wrote: »
    That's right she is coming to win back all my moneyicon12.gif only problem is I could not convince her to give it back to meicon12.gif

Must be your wife. Sounds like a wife. Mine anyway
    Remember my win from last week's SET game? Went to bed Thursday night with a wallet full of cash. Woke up Friday morning...empty wallet!
    There was some talk about changing it up to WSOP format, but the main concern was game length. Since the games are on Thursday night, most everyone has to work Friday, so being finished by midnight is necessary.

If a newbie gets a vote, I say leave it alone. If it ain't broke ...
  • I'm in, I hope.
  • "Romer", sorry guys...
  • ACDC wrote: »
    "Romer", sorry guys...

Are you kidding me? You have a better attendance record than I do. Why you pulling the Romer now?
  • Planning on making the game. But Men's Nite Swatfest Banquet tonite.
    As you know I can be talked into many things!!And these have been known to be a little looooooong!

Milton Slim

will post Thursday to confirm
    Must be your wife. Sounds like a wife. Mine anyway
    Remember my win from last week's SET game? Went to bed Thursday night with a wallet full of cash. Woke up Friday morning...empty wallet!

LOL
    No just a friend that used to work in the same building as me. I don't have the problem of the wife taking my money I never winicon9.gif
    I do sadly have to bow out of this one as I may have some work for cash to do and at this point I can't turn down money.
    I think Claudia might bring a friend though
    Are you kidding me? You have a better attendance record than I do. Why you pulling the Romer now?

LOL. Unfortunately, I did not aticipate such a quick stars to the new season and made plans... I'll make it up to you AJ next week, promise!!!
  • samcanada wrote: »
    I think Claudia might bring a friend though

Please have her send me the name of this 'friend' and I'll add it to the game list.
  • ACDC wrote: »
    LOL. Unfortunately, I did not aticipate such a quick stars to the new season and made plans... I'll make it up to you AJ next week, promise!!!

Kris...you ALWAYS have standing plans for Thursday night...on The Hill!! You should have known better. Now who's going to entertain us all night by telling us when to bet him out of the hand??
  • Claudita wrote: »
    Hi there!

He didn't by any chance tell you how to play pocket aces while he was at it did he?
  • Muddguts wrote: »
    He didn't by any chance tell you how to play pocket aces while he was at it did he?

Ed...just say to yourself...WWDD??
    First level PUSH
    Fold subsequent levels.
    Easy game