America's Cup of Poker

PokerStars.com - Americas Cup of Poker PokerStars.com - Americas Cup of Poker

I am going to try my damnedest to qualify for this. I think this board could easily qualify at least one rep. Starts Mon night.

We can use this thread to encourage each other on and post results.

Comments

• Link not working for me, but I'll try to look into it over the weekend. What's the short version?
  • Starting Mon, 3 tournies everyday. Freeroll at 8:30, $.20 at 9 and $5.50 at 9:30. Our group has Columbia, Uruguay and a wildcard. Top 2 teams move on to the live final so obv Canada is a slam dunk to make the final. Based on your points from all the tournies, the top 5 point earners per country make the team + one P* Pro. Obv then we get reunited with Watts ;)
  • The fund a friend is pretty cool. If anybody has less than 0.20 in their stars account and wants staking for 0.20 sats, lmk :)
  • I don't know what you mean by fund a friend. Does Stars have some sort of new staking feature?
  • From the email, I didn't see it on the site

Fund a Friend
    Give your country’s qualifying chances a boost by making sure all your friends play! Use our ‘Player to Player’ transfer feature (conditions apply) to transfer as little as $1 to a friend so they can play in a $0.20 tourney and join your national fight for points. For every player you send a transfer to who then makes a final table in a $0.20 tourney, you will receive $50!
  • Oh didn't get any email. Would it be possible to swap .20 with each other? How do they track that? Does one transfer then cover all .20 tournies or do you have to do a transfer for each one?
  • The player receiving the transfer must have less than 0.20 previous to the transfer. You can transfer like $5 to cover all the 0.20 sats.
  • Looks interesting..
  • i was interested in doing this. I have $0 in my P* account though. Maybe ill deposit and try this out.
  • pm your account and i'll ship you $1.
  • actyper wrote: »
    The player receiving the transfer must have less than 0.20 previous to the transfer. You can transfer like $5 to cover all the 0.20 sats.

so basically if I have money in my account then you can't send me a $1 ???
  • No you can still take the transfer, just the transferee wouldn't be eligible for the $50 bonus
  • actyper wrote: »
    No you can still take the transfer, just the transferee wouldn't be eligible for the $50 bonus

oic

btw congratz on your wsop cash :D
  • moose wrote: »
    Starting Mon, 3 tournies everyday. Freeroll at 8:30, $.20 at 9 and $5.50 at 9:30.

The tournaments are now listed under "Regional". As always registration opens 2 hours before the tournament starts.
  • In the FR.

Max entrants is 15K

gl CANADA!!!!
  • +1

I'm registered for the FR
  • Bumpity. In all 3.
  • In for all 3.
  • In all 3.

I'm homerbuddy if anybody doesn't know.
  • Doubled up second hand..and has since played all but 1 hand.
  • I'm out.

Jacks vs A2os.......turned trips :(

Bring on the .20c!
  • Out. Queen's cracked by A8 and then shoved KK into AA cause I've got mad skillz.
  • HA!

Still in

Currently 1008 of 2903 average stack is $2468 I have $2515
  • w00t. set can't outrace OESED and I'm crippled (but not out)

Whoops..was down to 80 chips, up to 640 now. And out...doubled up once more before losing a race.
  • Out now.

Bluffed at a board of 556 one heart with KJh. Villian thought for 10 seconds and called with A7o and it held up.
  • This is going to be harder than I thought. Allin preflop AK vs 88 vs 108. I caught the A but you can guess what also fell.
  • didn't know this thread was active
    I'm still in the 20c one and the $5 one

stars name: doverben4
  • moose I think you are at my table in the $5 tourney

edit: make that were at my table
  • Out of $5. Lost a race vs. a guy who over played his hand.
  • I think this would be easier if I wasn't strictly a cash game player.