New car choice

2»

Comments

• Just call me 6 of 8, okay?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    cubeqbert.gif

LMFAO at Qbert.

GTA wins thread.
  • Who'd a thought that car design would go from sleeky unboxy being cool to basically drawing a square and putting 4 wheels on it? You sure this isn't a volvo?

I may be in the market for a new car.. I drive lots of rentals for work, the car I liked the most so far (after the Sebring that gave me in the middle of illinois winter that I put the top down on anyway) was the Ford Fusion..
  • Milo wrote: »
    I was actually looking at the Kia Soul but, as you can see from the photo, roominess for someone of my size was an issue. Also, whitewalls are for fogies like compuease.

Hey wait a minute, I was trying to stick up for you, remember?

I do like whitewalls though...... :)
  • No offense, Jeff. Besides, I'll need lessons in wearing fedoras soon enough, having just found one of my Fether's while cleaning out his house. Looks like a good quality one, too. Mallory, by Stetson. Just need one of those classy feather doodads and I'm all set.

Now, back to sticking up for my wheels.

Not a Volvo
    Not a mini-van, at least not according to Nissan.
    Not your average people mover
    Not much longer until it's sitting in my drive.

I might even get the dashboard toupee, just to annoy Caddie . . .
  • Not long before little kids point and say...

HEY DAD...LOOK AT THE CLOWN...LOOK AT THE CLOWN IN THE FUNNY CAR
    ;)
    No offense, Jeff. Besides, I'll need lessons in wearing fedoras soon enough, having just found one of my Fether's while cleaning out his house. Looks like a good quality one, too. Mallory, by Stetson.

What size? :)
  • Why, the size that fits my head, of course. Not sure, really. Various measurements have my dome at 7.5-7.75, or 62, whatever those numbers mean. It's a rich, dark brown, with snap brim and black band. Looks sharp. All I need now is the zoot suit. :D
  • Not that I care if my vehicle wins any beauty awards, but I would put it (Ford Freestyle) up against that debacle any day.
  • The Freestyle, or did you wait until they started calling it the Taurus "X"?
    I'll keep mine, but thanks for taking some of the heat off . . . :)
    The Freestyle, or did you wait until they started calling it the Taurus "X"?
    I'll keep mine, but thanks for taking some of the heat off . . . :)

I would have thought that by typing "Ford Freestyle" you could have figured which model I have.

It's not my problem that the people at Ford think the Taurus was a good name.....come to think of it the Taurus may be the second ugliest car of all time. Behind that abortion of yours still.
  • Assimilation will occur this Friday afternoon.

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE . . . \ends thread
  • BUMP

How are you handling all the pointing and laughing :D

Seriously, how is your new ride?
  • Lots of pointing, very little laughter. I love the stares. I love the ride, and the fuel economy even more. It is certainly a conversation starter, moreso if I would get off my ass and de-badge the sucker.

For the record, fuel economy over 2,000+ km is 7.2L/100 km, or about 32mpg for mostly city driving. Still below the specs, but getting better with each tank.
    if I would get off my ass and de-badge the sucker.

Is that like neutering a puppy?
  • I guess . . . just means to remove the identifying badges from the manufacturer, dealer, etc.
  • My nephew has one of those actually.......he loves it. Unfortunately we had to take it back to Toys'r'us cause the "Bigfoot" sticker kept peeling off.
  • That's not bad . . . if you want to see the prototype for the Cube, though, just take Hwy 6 South from the 401 (first Guelph exit coming from Toronto). Before you hit Freelton, you will see the abandoned prototype on the left side, in a field, close to the road. You're welcome.
  • Just released to the public...the highly confidential engineering drawings for Milo's car
  • You forgot the wheels.
  • I gotta say we were talking about the Cube in class today and all the students generally hated it so I think Nissan has missed their market.
    You forgot the wheels.

Listed as an OPTION
  • ooooohhhhh . . .good one. :)
  • Don't let them get to you Milo. Besides do you know what a restored Edsel is worth today.
  • Yup. Almost as much as my brick . . .

Hey, I could steal a line there,

"Nobody beats The Brick"

Naaaaaah . . .